New Customizable Next Target Macro Functionality

Conguero

3 hours ago, Argus said:

@Conguero @Neutron

Good day, is it possible to change the old - auto target l2 system as following --> It should work as always, BUT after you take a PK and you are RED, it should be switched off? If it is possible I think players will stop complaining! 

You understand people will continue to use MACRO while - working, sleeping, watching a movie, eating etc etc, if this change is possible people will be satisfied .. I GUESS :D:D 

Nevermind :) 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Bable2 said:

Some of you really are thick aren"t you?

how many times does a GM have to come out and say that the macro system is not meant for AFK play. The game mechanics make it possible for u to kill someone else which can be avoid 100/100 times when your dumbass is watching the screen, or have an eye on it.

don't afk macro unless you are okay with the consequences lol. It is as simple as that there is even an announcement when you log into the game, if you still lose items due to this practise, i say u deserve it

Most of us are trying to find a way to grow the server's population and not make more and more people leave. Neutron already said they are looking into a new "Auto Target" implementation so it can be toggled On or Off ( IF POSSIBLE). So before you come here to Bable only take a moment and get your info up to date. If you were more active on forum, you would know what I am talking about.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Most of us are trying to find a way to grow the server's population and not make more and more people leave. Neutron already said they are looking into a new "Auto Target" implementation so it can be toggled On or Off ( IF POSSIBLE). So before you come here to Bable only take a moment and get your info up to date. If you were more active on forum, you would know what I am talking about.

What good is a server population of untouchable afk macroers taking up every spot in higher level zones?

2 hours ago, Argus said:

... Neutron already told us about the toggle of auto target, that's why I'm asking that question :D 

Neutron has a tendency to get carried away by his own enthusiasm for the game, often raising expectations that can not be fulfilled (remember, the drop rates were never increased). Therefore I personally think he should stay away from the forum and leave the talking to Hime.

What Neutron did was send a request to the developers, asking for a feature that makes it possible to toggle the auto-target system off:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/1010-new-customizable-next-target-macro-functionality/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-7514
Whether the developers will accede to that request is more than doubtful. Please everybody read again what Director Lee Seong-gu from Lineage M said about this topic in May 2017:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=177830 (Korean)
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2094&start=40#p37689 (English)
Simply put, the system is working as intended. Looting macro botters is considered by NCsoft as a reward for active players. Insofar it would have been better if Neutron had written something like this:

If killing 50,000 monsters for an Exalted quest causes you emotional strain, Lineage 2 is probably not the right game for you. You might find more joy and satisfaction with a Tamagotchi:

311px-Tamagotchi_0124_ubt.jpeg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi

Seriously, there are simply not enough hunting grounds to provide monsters for hundred macro botters plus a dozen real players. Via the NCKorea patch notes we know what is coming in the foreseeable future, and additional hunting grounds for lvl 99~102 are not being added:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewforum.php?f=56

Dargor is absolutely right, afk macroers are literally worthless persons. You can not talk to them, you can not party with them - the only thing you can do with them is kill them, and that gets boring after some time. Even DrachaVonDrachen, the most dedicated perma-red ever, gave up his crusade against bots.

10 minutes ago, Yidao said:

1 - Neutron has a tendency to get carried away by his own enthusiasm for the game, often raising expectations that can not be fulfilled (remember, the drop rates were never increased). Therefore I personally think he should stay away from the forum and leave the talking to Hime.

2 - Seriously, there are simply not enough hunting grounds to provide monsters for hundred macro botters plus a dozen real players. Via the NCKorea patch notes we know what is coming in the foreseeable future, and additional hunting grounds for lvl 99~102 are not being added:

3 - Dargor is absolutely right, afk macroers are literally worthless persons. You can not talk to them, you can not party with them - the only thing you can do with them is kill them, and that gets boring after some time. Even DrachaVonDrachen, the most dedicated perma-red ever, gave up his crusade against bots.

1 - Interesting if such a feature ( toggle off the auto target ) will be implemented, IMO it is possible.

2  - There are many zones/spots 99+ in Naia server where is empty almost all the time, so there is enough room to get x3/x4 times the players without any problem even more.

3 - "AFK macroers" are NOT literally worthless persons? You CAN talk to them, you CAN party them, when they have free time and probably are in the mood of playing ;) Wynn BOTS on the other hand are exactly what you described.

Lineage2 has lots of problems today @Yidao and I think you agree Macro Xping/Xpers is not the biggest one.

The price of gear is ridiculous, price of promos is insane (at least here it NCwest, dunno about other servers ). Because of that PVP/PVE suffers, FUN factor is dead here. New players lvl up to 85 or 95-99 and leave.  All top PVP/PVE VISA/MasterCard pro's get top items at every promo, but those who are not willing to pay suffer.

Nowadays LINEAGE2 is not a hard game, expensive P2W promos with Korean random enchant rate does not make the game HARD... these factors make the game worse, MAKE IT - RANDOM.

There should be some logic to the idiotic randomness here like - 100 dollar P2W pack provides an item that is worth those 100 dollars, 50-60 dollar pack same, 20-25 dollar pack same! If NCsoft can not change the enchants rates, then lower price - 100 dollar pack should be 25 not more! If people want to buy items from the L2Store, let them, but also let them play the game, so much can be done only if there was the DESIRE to do so. Naia/Freya servers empty you tell me there are no new zones 99-102... 

It is a game, should be fun I guess ... 

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Marw I saw your post before your edit :D  Neutron already told us about the toggle of auto target, that's why I'm asking that question :D 

Unfortunately, my solution could also be misused... Thats why I edited it. 

Maybe we will have one day full afk exping like in L2Revolution :D

2 minutes ago, Dargor said:

@Argus You're in Naia/Freya and you say there's free space for bots, you seem to forget Chronos exists. We get it, p2w makes things almost impossible for most casual players, that doesn't mean nc should provide a free bot with the game.

Dargor, please quote me where I say NCSoft should provide free bot? :D 

I agree you should be able to flag MacroXpers and kill them aka - take over the spot, aka - If you are AFK ppl kill you for free!!! But I do not agree one should be able to make them PK 20 times and drop their items.

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

I agree you should be able to flag MacroXpers and kill them aka - take over the spot, aka - If you are AFK ppl kill you for free!!! But I do not agree one should be able to make them PK 20 times and drop their items.

How are you going to get them flagged if you can't make them target you?

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

If you can make them flag, you can make the PK, game mechanics & literally cant be fixed unless they change the PVP system completely.

Also, you said "Most of us are trying to find a way to grow the server's population and not make more and more people leave." I am more likely to leave cause of AFK Macros hoarding EVERY. SINGLE. HIGH. LVL. SPAWN!
And by this, i dont mean areas designed to be party zones, but solo zones such as GC upper, hellbound, hell even areas likes stronghold 2/3 is farmed heavily, fairies too (mostly bots, but macros too).

New players come here & all they can do is instances & kill your scrap monsters, does that sound fun to you? killing monsters while 20 different macro chars are killing the same one? or finally find a free spot only to have it taken by a party of AFK Macros? cause thats the reality in every solo area from lv. 85>100+.

I remember starting out, doing bloody swampland quest & fairies, you could actually make trains in swampland (yes, you could find more than 5 alive at any given time) & fairy wasnt farmed to oblivion to the point it takes over 3h+ to finish the simplest daily.

Stronghold 2 was magical, didnt have to move cause mobs kept respawning & you had PVP trying to take over the pits, guess what we have now.. AFK macros.

You are killing the server as much as every "Macro PK scammer" is.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

1 - Interesting if such a feature ( toggle off the auto target ) will be implemented, IMO it is possible.

2  - There are many zones/spots 99+ in Naia server where is empty almost all the time, so there is enough room to get x3/x4 times the players without any problem even more.

3 - "AFK macroers" are NOT literally worthless persons? You CAN talk to them, you CAN party them, when they have free time and probably are in the mood of playing ;) Wynn BOTS on the other hand are exactly what you described.

Lineage2 has lots of problems today @Yidao and I think you agree Macro Xping/Xpers is not the biggest one.

The price of gear is ridiculous, price of promos is insane (at least here it NCwest, dunno about other servers ). Because of that PVP/PVE suffers, FUN factor is dead here. New players lvl up to 85 or 95-99 and leave.  All top PVP/PVE VISA/MasterCard pro's get top items at every promo, but those who are not willing to pay suffer.

Nowadays LINEAGE2 is not a hard game, expensive P2W promos with Korean random enchant rate does not make the game HARD... these factors make the game worse, MAKE IT - RANDOM ...

I don't doubt that it would be possible to add a toggle for the auto-target function. The first question is, are the developers willing to dedicate man-hours aka money to such a project? The second and more important question is, would they be willing to implement such a feature even if they had unlimited funds? I can only tell you that the current policy says that looting macro botters is ok. Of course policies can change, but that would be pure speculation.

The problem with the hunting zones is that there are only a few worthwhile ones. For the Exalted quests everybody has to go to Hellbound - the Blazing Swamp doesn't count for Exalted - and many players don't have the equipment to hunt at the Phantasmal Ridge, so they tend to gather at Beleth's Circle and the Quarry. The same goes for the 10,000 items which must be gathered at the Giants' Caves. Most players are simply not equipped for hunting in the basement there, so everybody gathers in the upper floors.
A largely empty map doesn't help me when in reality I have a very limited choice of spots to go to. That's like people always saying that China is such a big country while they are forgetting that most of the area is desert and mountains, with the majority of the population crunched up in a limited number of cities.

For practical purposes afk macroers are no different from the Wynn bots infesting all lvl 85~97 hunting grounds. Through the newly introduced auto-pickup they are gathering adena, driving up the market prices while complaining on the forum all the time about pay-to-win events and quitting anyway as soon as they realize that they will never catch up to the credit card warriors.
As responsible veterans it should be our duty to convince them at an early age to move on to other games, sparing them all the agony and financial loss that's awaiting them at Lineage 2. Of course this will lead to a shutdown of L2@NCWest rather sooner than later, but then we can say that we have died an honorable death :)

23 minutes ago, Dargor said:

How are you going to get them flagged if you can't make them target you?

21 minutes ago, Znipo said:

If you can make them flag, you can make the PK, game mechanics & literally cant be fixed unless they change the PVP system completely.

Guys, do you even read ??? Take few minutes and read -  They macro - auto target is on - you flag them ( you can kill them), but if someone makes them PK - they get RED and auto target is OFF, so no more 20 PKS. If you get KARMA - auto target is off, Probably that's what NEUTRON was talking about.

26 minutes ago, Znipo said:

I remember starting out, doing bloody swampland quest & fairies, you could actually make trains in swampland (yes, you could find more than 5 alive at any given time) & fairy wasnt farmed to oblivion to the point it takes over 3h+ to finish the simplest daily.

Stronghold 2 was magical, didnt have to move cause mobs kept respawning & you had PVP trying to take over the pits, guess what we have now.. AFK macros.

Do you know what I remember? Starting out collecting adena for Ngrade, having pvp at lvl 7-8,11-15! Server was full of people and there was no L2Store! Then D grade Manticore etc etc, C grade Theca armour Emi bow, Darc Screamer dagger ... pvp at lvl 20/25/30/40! Hardins Academy, Dragon Valley.. I remember playing in a clan with 30 friends, all being important! Spoilers, crafters .. having a 9 people party all live and active! I remember spoiling sessions in LOA and GK 12-18 hours long so we can craft B grade, you wait for the spoil to be activated, then you finish the mob! A grade, S grade.. hours of PVP in Imperial Tomb, hours of PVP in TOI 13 for baium, LOA bridge, LOA heart and many many more.

Most of all I remember the majority of people being humble and having a blast playing together, helping each other out, I can write here for hours and hours about the game experience back in the old days. 

45 minutes ago, Znipo said:

You are killing the server as much as every "Macro PK scammer" is.

So my generation is not the one destroying the game, we rly old school players know what L2 truly was. Do not try to even remotely tell me "I am killing the game". It is your generation introduced to these "tools" aka L2 Store making the game unbalanced as hell to the point it is - Truly Unplayable.

37 minutes ago, Yidao said:

but then we can say that we have died an honorable death :)

I like that :)Cheers mate! 

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Guys, do you even read ??? Take few minutes and read -  They macro - auto target is on - you flag them ( you can kill them), but if someone makes them PK - they get RED

Yes I do read and that only works provided that you don't have many PKs; otherwise even 1 more can make you drop. After that you know the drill: log in forum, cry, cry some more, call people scammers and blame bad NCWest. These looped macros are by far the best and worst thing that's happened to this game in a long long time.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Guys, do you even read ??? Take few minutes and read -  They macro - auto target is on - you flag them ( you can kill them), but if someone makes them PK - they get RED and auto target is OFF, so no more 20 PKS. If you get KARMA - auto target is off, Probably that's what NEUTRON was talking about.

Do you know what I remember? Starting out collecting adena for Ngrade, having pvp at lvl 7-8,11-15! Server was full of people and there was no L2Store! Then D grade Manticore etc etc, C grade Theca armour Emi bow, Darc Screamer dagger ... pvp at lvl 20/25/30/40! Hardins Academy, Dragon Valley.. I remember playing in a clan with 30 friends, all being important! Spoilers, crafters .. having a 9 people party all live and active! I remember spoiling sessions in LOA and GK 12-18 hours long so we can craft B grade, you wait for the spoil to be activated, then you finish the mob! A grade, S grade.. hours of PVP in Imperial Tomb, hours of PVP in TOI 13 for baium, LOA bridge, LOA heart and many many more.

Most of all I remember the majority of people being humble and having a blast playing together, helping each other out, I can write here for hours and hours about the game experience back in the old days. 

So my generation is not the one destroying the game, we rly old school players know what L2 truly was. Do not try to even remotely tell me "I am killing the game". It is your generation introduced to these "tools" aka L2 Store making the game unbalanced as hell to the point it is - Truly Unplayable.

I like that :)Cheers mate! 

So if they have 4 PKs, and PK again on macro, they will still drop items.

Trust me, people will still complain even if they do it like this, people will forget they have PKs, people will drop items.

And once again people will cry for change - same as now.

I remember all that too by the way - but that discussion is not relevant, was a completely different game compared to now.

This macro thing is recent however & is completely killing whats left of the game whether you like it or not, as an active player you can no longer go to an area & make a train, or even kill monsters without someone KSing you - cause literally every single area is taken over by AFK Macros.

But perhaps I misunderstood you earlier, you want to keep macro as it is, just if someone PK while macro is on = turn off automatic macro? I can live with that, I agree that would be a fair solution - still think thats carebear though. :D

"My generation", you speak as if you know me, I hate whats in the L2store fyi.

On ‎12‎. ‎03‎. ‎2018 at 1:25 PM, Helv said:

LOL, the best idea ever.. let's destroy the core of L2 and make it a completely different game.

Agree, however there are plenty of occasions to measure credit card power like siege, Olympiad, ceremony of chaos  as game changed a lot from mentioned "core" at beginning.

On ‎13‎. ‎03‎. ‎2018 at 7:53 PM, Znipo said:

This macro thing is recent however & is completely killing whats left of the game whether you like it or not, as an active player you can no longer go to an area & make a train, or even kill monsters without someone KSing you - cause literally every single area is taken over by AFK Macros.

Hard to find free spot for daily, agree and hate it.

Auto play is recent and also not so recent and one don't know what is worse

I have seen a lot of times situations where players have a lot of time to type things in chat while their chars are engaged in intensive pvp.

So yes is not AFK macro as people are present and write in chat and their dog or cat is pressing commands to combat and win pvp eh.

Game was killed a lot before this new macros with those best pvp scripts competitions.

But also with gear drop possibility...

I remember - I grinded almost a year for some kind of coins to exchange for armor at an npc in hunter village in c3 or c4.

After that I got trained and stunned by a dwarf who did fake death and mobs killed me and I lost glove.

I quitted that time, And evidently a lot of people didn't like that feature what forced NCSOFT to change things.

Ganking, molesting, harassing and similar actions ruined game from beginning and it ruin now too.

I can understand fact that player in bluish +10 armor, dark +16 weapon, and top jew, need to test if he can kill average player in +3 gear with + 7 weapon because he is unable to calculate his damage per second and his defense status and he need to do it each day again and again to feed his ego and to find reason for intensive use of his credit card.

Or he need to test latest pvp script he paid if it work so we need to keep all xp areas pvp on.

This, same as AFK macros ruin the game. One don't know what is worse.

1 hour ago, SleepingPower said:

Agree, however there are plenty of occasions to measure credit card power like siege, Olympiad, ceremony of chaos  as game changed a lot from mentioned "core" at beginning.

In Korea there was a non-PvP server - Gallint - for players from 15 to 17 from 2005 to 2011 (the regular version of Lineage 2 is adults only; Korea has stricter youth protection laws than Western countries). But on October 26, 2011, four months after GoD went live over there, Gallint was merged with five other servers into Kara:
http://blog.daum.net/kwondoh/7757629

In other words, a non-PvP server is technically possible but economically not viable with a player base of just a few thousand people.

• L2 Team

Hello Everyone,

The Development Team has quickly responded to our request to adjust auto-target behavior and the restrictions will also be included in the Next Target settings.

Provided these new changes pass the test server, we will apply the following update next week 3/21.

Next Target Setting

/targetnext

Auto-Target behavior when attacked by hostile

Target to Taunt

All hostile target

All hostile targets

Monster

Hostile Monster

Hostile Monsters Only

PC

Hostile PC

Hostile PC Only

NPC

Friendly NPC

All hostile targets

~Thank You

28 minutes ago, Neutron said:

Hello Everyone,

The Development Team has quickly responded to our request to adjust auto-target behavior and the restrictions will also be included in the Next Target settings.

Provided these new changes pass the test server, we will apply the following update next week 3/21.

Hey good to hear that! I hope you will explain in more detail how these new settings work! 

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

Hey good to hear that! I hope you will explain in more detail how these new settings work! 

What to explain? when you select "Monster" in Option menu, whenever a monster hit you when you have no target = you'll target monsters

If a PC hits you = you wont target the player.

Pretty self explanatory i would say..

Thanks for the quick fix, will be a nice update, Finally you can get rid of the god annoying monster auto targetting, trying to use the exalted jump on someone far away when you're being attacked by a bunch of mobs = hell

Although it will be an annoying update & you'll need a tank or wynn to get rid of macros now, unless you're willing to PK them..

10 hours ago, Neutron said:

Hello Everyone,

Next Target Setting

/targetnext

Target to Taunt

All hostile target

All hostile targets

Monster

Hostile Monster

Hostile Monsters Only

PC

Hostile PC

Hostile PC Only

NPC

Friendly NPC

All hostile targets

~Thank You

Sorry I have a doubt this will work also for the wyn sumoners or will continue to exclude pets since that is a disadvantage for all of us using the new configuration pets auto targeting other players even without being flag I can make a video explaining the point if you like it which I think is a bug and puts the same thanks to the same disadvantage

16 hours ago, Neutron said:

Hello Everyone,

Next Target Setting

/targetnext

Target to Taunt

All hostile target

All hostile targets

Monster

Hostile Monster

Hostile Monsters Only

PC

Hostile PC

Hostile PC Only

NPC

Friendly NPC

All hostile targets

~Thank You

Here we go ...now it will be permanent afk macro players ... GJ ncsoft ...

Archived