New Customizable Next Target Macro Functionality

Conguero

6 hours ago, Mindia said:

This pk on afk macros is  legal.  You’re responsible for all of the actions of your character and there is no separate policy to protect you from any potential consequences you may face while AFK."

You can find more details on the Support Page or on the Official forums

You must be one of the scumbags or a very bad person .Something legitimate isnt always moral .And i suppose that your parents didnt learn you to be moral.Scumbages must get permanent ban to all of their toons.And gms must return items to ppl.Yesterday i was watching tv and laptop was in front of me.No sound on laptop to watch tv and i look  after some seconds and i see my wynn  far from my iss .Scumbag snowmaiden was draging my toon to a specific spot with some objects-wooden wall to make what they do to make char do pk.And all that infront of my nose.  i wasnt watching the wynn for maybe 40seconds to 1 min .Macro was set for next target and for monsters maybe if they take you far from mobs they can do their trick again i dont know.Of course he had uminike and aerliska kneska there.After that and some world chat ppl was coming there and was trying to kill them.They went again to hellbound, i saw a worldchat that they try there again.I wonder how many ppl yesterday lost items that payed with real money or with many many hours of gameplay for some drops.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this game was never meant to be played fully afk, those new macro's were not intended for such so stop looking for excuses as it's clearly explained by NC staff before that doing anything afk aka not supervised is at your own risk.

the sooner people start to realize that simple fact the better..

instead of wasting your time asking for a "fix" for these macro's which ain't broken you should ask for the XP afk training grounds that Korea and I think EU/RU has but was removed from our version of the game - it's a special type of "training" instance where you can safely go afk and get XP.

again to be clear using l2store or any kind of payment services to NC will not mean you can play full afk or use 3rd party software etc., does not give you any rights or special treatment and logging service support tickets for any such related issues when it clearly states in their rules what to expect is a waste of time.

@Conguero & @Neutron - I recommend that you update the server notice message when one logs in with a red line (above or below w/e the current event details are run on the servers blue lines) explaining afk macro's are done at own risk or something like that to end this discussion once and for all.

35 minutes ago, Toooldforthis said:

You must be one of the scumbags or a very bad person .Something legitimate isnt always moral .And i suppose that your parents didnt learn you to be moral.

Dude, I'm so fed up with your posts all over this forum. Mindia pointed out the fact, which is "You’re responsible for all of the actions of your character and there is no separate policy to protect you from any potential consequences you may face while AFK" You do not have to go around with ad hominem attacks.

I agree that people who take your stuff by making you go red are not acting fair, I would never do such a thing. But that's L2, that's how game mechanics work, macros were not created for you to auto-xp throughout the whole night and day. You would never go red a few times if you've watched your character. If you decide to abuse the macro functionality to use it to your advantage, it's your choice.. and your risk.

Feel free to hunt those people down and bother them as much as you can in game. You can PK/attack them anytime you want when outside of town, you can team up with others and interrupt their xp/raids etc, that's also game mechanics and no one will stop you.

55 minutes ago, Helv said:

Dude, I'm so fed up with your posts all over this forum. Mindia pointed out the fact, which is "You’re responsible for all of the actions of your character and there is no separate policy to protect you from any potential consequences you may face while AFK" You do not have to go around with ad hominem attacks.

I agree that people who take your stuff by making you go red are not acting fair, I would never do such a thing. But that's L2, that's how game mechanics work, macros were not created for you to auto-xp throughout the whole night and day. You would never go red a few times if you've watched your character. If you decide to abuse the macro functionality to use it to your advantage, it's your choice.. and your risk.

Feel free to hunt those people down and bother them as much as you can in game. You can PK/attack them anytime you want when outside of town, you can team up with others and interrupt their xp/raids etc, that's also game mechanics and no one will stop you.

56 minutes ago, Draecke said:

this game was never meant to be played fully afk, those new macro's were not intended for such so stop looking for excuses as it's clearly explained by NC staff before that doing anything afk aka not supervised is at your own risk.

@Conguero
@Neutron

That is not the case, to do this they force the change of target to attack a character through a bug ... I will not explain more of how they do it to prevent more people from doing it.

I personally reported that bug to the GM months ago, but they have not fixed it.

with the new nextTarget the only way to carry out this type of action is through exploiting a bug already known by many people.

NCStaff said that exploiting an existing bug to kill a raid is punishable, why is not it punishable to take advantage of the target change bug that is much worse than the bug to kill a low level raid?

as I said before, everything would be solved if when leaving the state pk you were flagged

Draecke it has to be said that elsewhere since there are gms online if you were reported to be a bot since you are afk farming you are ported in a clanhouse and you have 10 seconds to answer to the gm. After that perma ban. Where perma means perma and not a 3 days hug.

2 minutes ago, Pinoa said:

That is not the case, to do this they force the change of target to attack a character through a bug ... I will not explain more of how they do it to prevent more people from doing it

I personally reported that bug to the GM months ago, but they have not fixed it.

it's not a bug.. that ingame player interaction behavior has existed since day 1..

you guys obviously didn't play this game when even not chaotic players could drop gear, in those days lot's of players made rouge alts to train mobs on unsuspecting players so they could pick up the gear that got dropped upon their death.. players had better item drop rates then the mobs ;)

that's Lineage 2 and not Hello Kitty Online so if you guys think NC Korea is going to change anything to allow AFK XP for Westerners that are to lazy to actually play their game I've got a tower in the center of Paris I can sell you really "cheap"

Just now, Quitted said:

Draecke it has to be said that elsewhere since there are gms online if you were reported to be a bot since you are afk farming you are ported in a clanhouse and you have 10 seconds to answer to the gm. After that perma ban. Where perma means perma and not a 3 days hug.

yeah but we all know it's wishful thinking to get that kind of real support at NCWest.. trust me if it were possible to migrate my char to one of the Korean or heck RU servers I would but as it is I have zero inclination to reroll/start over from scratch.. rather call it a day at that point and retire from l2 but I'm not quite there yet.. getting closer every Month but not quite..

Just now, Draecke said:

it's not a bug.. that ingame player interaction behavior has existed since day 1..

you guys obviously didn't play this game when even not chaotic players could drop gear, in those days lot's of players made rouge alts to train mobs on unsuspecting players so they could pick up the gear that got dropped upon their death.. players had better item drop rates then the mobs ;)

that's Lineage 2 and not Hello Kitty Online so if you guys think NC Korea is going to change anything to allow AFK XP for Westerners that are to lazy to actually play their game I've got a tower in the center of Paris I can sell you really "cheap"

Force the change target is a bug, I reported this months ago and the GMs (more than one) said that it was a bug and they were analyzing it ...

1 minute ago, Pinoa said:

Force the change target is a bug, I reported this months ago and the GMs (more than one) said that it was a bug and they were analyzing it ...

but it's not and only shows we have incompetent support which we already know for many years.. pretty sure the Korean devs are laughing at them & this topic when they go for drinks after work

main-qimg-800290c8aff2866d8fba43df545268

here's a korean dev explaining some drinking games to Conguero (he wish :P)

5 minutes ago, Pinoa said:

What is a bug ? Come on ! Take few neurons from donkey guys !
If you got hit from a mob when you don't have any target, you take instantly without any action this mob on target right ? If a player flag hit you while you don't have target you take him on target instantly without any action right ?

SO WHERE IS THE BUG ? ... If a tank bring a toon in a zone without any mobs, the next-target / target xxx will not work, then the macro will going to the "attack" line and you will attack this guy that you have on target. That's all ! Simple game mecanics ! And it's like that since YEARS !

16 minutes ago, Chrysty said:

What is a bug ? Come on ! Take few neurons from donkey guys !
If you got hit from a mob when you don't have any target, you take instantly without any action this mob on target right ? If a player flag hit you while you don't have target you take him on target instantly without any action right ?

SO WHERE IS THE BUG ? ... If a tank bring a toon in a zone without any mobs, the next-target / target xxx will not work, then the macro will going to the "attack" line and you will attack this guy that you have on target. That's all ! Simple game mecanics ! And it's like that since YEARS !

the fact that nobody had discovered it in a long time or that they had not realized it does not mean that it is not a bug for example windows xp, windows vista come with a bug of its first release and the bug was not discovered until after windows xp ended its support period after 12 years; the processors intel, amd and others have errors or bugs called melt and spectre for more than 30 years

2 hours ago, Vassy said:

I would put

1. /target Lesser Giant W 

2. /attack 

3. /useskill critical wound

some target %self and some /nexttarget( mob only) after it.. skills ...

:D anyway

There're a lot of possibilities and all must be tested and with all you should not leave your char afk for long time for many reasons:)

Eh? you'd put /attack rather than shadow chase? why though?

"My macro" would jump on the monster, yours would try to run to him.. obviously mine would work better in the case of NPC being further away?

Although dont matter much, as in giants cave the monsters are stacked closely together, shadow chase is used to increase DPS too (on othell you're terribly weak with normal hit on the front, even if adventurer, so having a safe macro you're forced to shadow chase or power bluff)

7 minutes ago, Pinoa said:

the fact that nobody had discovered it in a long time or that they had not realized it does not mean that it is not a bug for example windows xp, windows vista come with a bug of its first release and the bug was not discovered until after windows xp ended its support period after 12 years; the processors intel, amd and others have errors or bugs called melt and spectre for more than 30 years

please stop posting your ignorance with the game mechanics as what Crysty & me post has been general knowledge since CLOSED BETA.

7 minutes ago, Draecke said:

please stop posting your ignorance with the game mechanics as what Crysty & me post has been general knowledge since CLOSED BETA.

Bla bla bla,  you have not provided any background or proof. I simply repeat what the GMs said when answering the ticket sent in support informing the forcing the change of target, do you have more authority than the NCStaff to say that it is or not a bug?

This whole bug-or-not-bug discussion is a bit pointless. To say it again, this is NCsoft's game and they can set any rules they want. Whatever some GM may have said a few months ago is irrelevant. With his PSA on Automated Macros and PvP from February 8 Conguero has redefined the rules. As of that day, forcing a target change is  officially not a bug but a completely legit form of player interaction. For those reluctant to click on links let me explicitly quote Conguero:
Using Hunting Macros While AFK (Don’t!)

If you don't like it, go play WoW.

47 minutes ago, Znipo said:

Eh? you'd put /attack rather than shadow chase? why though?

"My macro" would jump on the monster, yours would try to run to him.. obviously mine would work better in the case of NPC being further away?

Although dont matter much, as in giants cave the monsters are stacked closely together, shadow chase is used to increase DPS too (on othell you're terribly weak with normal hit on the front, even if adventurer, so having a safe macro you're forced to shadow chase or power bluff)

In the case of dagger-yes chase 100%. But if user plays another type of char who don't have jump or whatever..  I am not giving example with daggers although I've paste part of this guy macro. ;) Anyway not the correct place to discuss macros.

• L2 Team

Hello,

We've updated the login message again with further clarification, this was done yesterday after maintenance.

This update strictly applies to the /targetnext command ONLY.

What I think many have forgotten is that the game has an automatic target acquisition method when a hostile target hits your character If you have no current target

it is not a bug

The macro system is not 'smart' so it has no idea what your intentions are to a target, you're simply telling the game try to cast a skill if there is any target, it is a very simple system that has no way to tell friend from foe.

I'm sure some of you can write smarter macros to alleviate this, but the base game behavior is still there regardless of how robust the macro system becomes.

At the end of the day you will not PK a user if you are there present looking at your character and inputting your own commands.

If you try to use a macro to hunt AFK you are 100% responsible for the lack of attention you are paying to your character and welcoming others to interfere with you.

Other options available, decrease your PK count before hunting
any 'accidental' kills of another character will not put you at risk of dropping items unless you go above 3.
However, you could still be forced to kill someone multiple times so it's not a workaround.

We will not restore your items back no matter how good or valuable they are.

~Thanks

1 hour ago, Neutron said:

Hello,

We've updated the login message again with further clarification, this was done yesterday after maintenance.

What I think many have forgotten is that the game has an automatic target acquisition method when a hostile target hits your character If you have no current target

it is not a bug

The macro system is not 'smart' so it has no idea what your intentions are to a target, you're simply telling the game try to cast a skill if there is any target, it is a very simple system that has no way to tell friend from foe.

I'm sure some of you can write smarter macros to alleviate this, but the base game behavior is still there regardless of how robust the macro system becomes.

At the end of the day you will not PK a user if you are there present looking at your character and inputting your own commands.

If you try to use a macro to hunt AFK you are 100% responsible for the lack of attention you are paying to your character and welcoming others to interfere with you.

any 'accidental' kills of another character will not put you at risk of dropping items unless you go above 3.
However, you could still be forced to kill someone multiple times so it's not a workaround.

~Thanks

Other options as well is to increase the PK requirement before you drop the items the old one is working back then because the in-game gears weren't as expensive as it is now but you know yourself that hundreds of players burns at least a hundred bucks in this game and at least you owe it to them to show some compassion by decreasing the risk of them losing their gears unintentionally. Oh since I'm writing here put the Red libra next week! 

Bah! AFK, not AFK, macro or no macro, bug or not a bug it doesn't change my original statement.

No matter what your stance on the macro system is, I still guarantee you that this will cause player drop off. You have to be blind not to see that. The game has declined over the years, hence why there are only 3 servers left. Just open party matching throughout the day. There are reduced party rooms for actual XP. As of right now there are 9 party rooms open and only 3 of them are legit parties. Since this has become so popular over the past couple of weeks, most of the time there isn't even 1 party room. That should be evidence enough to prove my point.

I'm not crying about it. I know any game play is at my own risk whether I'm there or not. I lost a +10 Bloody Helm to SnowMaiden a couple of weeks ago and never submitted a ticket because I KNOW IT'S AT MY OWN RISK, and that's the price I paid for taking that risk. I'm just simply stating AGAIN, FROM A BUSINESS STANDPOINT, this will cost NCSoft money. This post is not about the macro system and blah blah blah, it's strictly about how this exploit of the game mechanics will cause profits to decline.

Edit: Removed inappropriate language ~Conguero

• L2 Team
1 hour ago, OneDayDelete said:

Bah! AFK, not AFK, macro or no macro, bug or not a bug it doesn't change my original statement.

No matter what your stance on the macro system is, I still guarantee you that this will cause player drop off. You have to be blind not to see that. The game has declined over the years, hence why there are only 3 servers left. Just open party matching throughout the day. There are reduced party rooms for actual XP. As of right now there are 9 party rooms open and only 3 of them are legit parties. Since this has become so popular over the past couple of weeks, most of the time there isn't even 1 party room. That should be evidence enough to prove my point.

I'm not crying about it. I know any game play is at my own risk whether I'm there or not. I lost a +10 Bloody Helm to SnowMaiden a couple of weeks ago and never submitted a ticket because I KNOW IT'S AT MY OWN RISK, and that's the price I paid for taking that risk. I'm just simply stating AGAIN, FROM A BUSINESS STANDPOINT, this will cost NCSoft money. This post is not about the macro system and blah blah blah, it's strictly about how this exploit of the game mechanics will cause profits to decline.

Edit: Removed inappropriate language ~Conguero

Hello,

We do understand there are a lot negative aspect to the status quo, but we need a set of rules to deal with the current game mechanics and not rules that forbid users from using using the tools available in the game (except in cases of actual exploits and bugs). We've never interfered with drops from PK characters before, and changing that for this one case is a bad idea as people will continue to ignore our warnings not to AFK-Hunt, lose items and ask for restorations.

Making disposables character to abuse it would be quite easy, so even banning offenders would be no deterrent, and still involve us reversing chains of traded items and transactions to undo it every time it occurs. 

With that said, we did request additional improvements to the system (like being able to toggle the auto-target system off), but we're not sure when or if it will be implemented so we basically need to deal with the current system as it currently works. 

~Thanks

7 hours ago, Neutron said:

Hello,

it is not a bug

~Thanks

WHY YOU DONT SAY THAT BEFORE?you waited for it to happen, and then you tell us it? Well, give the things to the ppl and the macro as it was in the beginning.The only notice wednesday after maintenance was (Power Circlets....) nothing for macro.

3 hours ago, EviScera said:

WHY YOU DONT SAY THAT BEFORE?you waited for it to happen, and then you tell us it? Well, give the things to the ppl and the macro as it was in the beginning.The only notice wednesday after maintenance was (Power Circlets....) nothing for macro

He doesn't have to tell you anything, since this is not a bug, but incompetent players using the macro system in a way that makes their characters do things they otherwise wouldn't.That's why such ppl should never leave their characters on macro unattended as Neutron said.

Hell, even I`m thinking to gather some items from such "players" if I continue to see lame-executed unattended characters.It's their own fault, nobody to blame but themselves.

Archived