New Customizable Next Target Macro Functionality

Conguero

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @Neutron,

Sorry to be so late to respond to you but @Conguero banned me from the forums for a day because I used a word that the literal second definition of it as a verb is "to spoil or destroy (a place)." I'm not sure how that falls under vulgarity, but whatever. No skin off of my back. In response to what NCWest, NCSoft, whatever you guys call yourselves these days can or cannot do, believe me, I know. Believe it or not, your players aren't that dumb.

1.) You can't put the man power into restoring items every day - That's just too costly to the company with man hours.

2.) You can't ban toons - Again, too many man hours to continuously ban new toons every day when the offenders re-roll.

3.) You can't re-write the mechanics of the game - That's too costly and time consuming as well.

4.) As players we can't even war these offenders to avoid going red when they do exploit this mechanic of the game because of the rules of the game. - They are a level 2 clan that can't be warred. Not to mention they could just drop tag and be clanless, then they couldn't be warred anyways.

I find it very interesting that there all all of these things "you can't" do and there is nothing that you CAN do. What's even more interesting is that when you guys finally realized that fishing was "to lucrative" there instantly was a nerf on powerful fish and the shop cost of elcyum but now that the Russians are literally holding your players hostage which in turn holds your company in hostage because this is costing them lost revenue in the L2Store like you wouldn't believe, "there's nothing you can do" and "it's not a bug."

In the fishing post months back we were asked that if we find something that seems to lucrative in the game that we should instantly report it as a bug. Well, why don't you explain to your players how the gear that these guys are ganking from other players to sell isn't "to lucrative" for them? Why is this not a bug? It's obviously to lucrative so it has to be a bug right??? How can it not be if it's so lucrative? If it's not a bug, then maybe you should put fishing back to how it was since that's not a bug either.

Point being this... NCSoft runs a company and sells a product (items on the L2Store), therefore you are responsible to your players/customers when there is a problem. You can't just sweep it under the rug whether it falls in this "afk realm" or not. If you don't want to hear your customers complain, fix it. Otherwise deal with the fall out of the Russians outsmarting you at your own game.

BTW, how are the wife and kids? Things going well at home? I don't want you to think I'm cross. Have a nice day! :D

3 hours ago, OneDayDelete said:

Hi @Neutron,

Sorry to be so late to respond to you but @Conguero banned me from the forums for a day because I used a word that the literal second definition of it as a verb is "to spoil or destroy (a place)." I'm not sure how that falls under vulgarity, but whatever. No skin off of my back. In response to what NCWest, NCSoft, whatever you guys call yourselves these days can or cannot do, believe me, I know. Believe it or not, your players aren't that dumb.

1.) You can't put the man power into restoring items every day - That's just too costly to the company with man hours.

2.) You can't ban toons - Again, too many man hours to continuously ban new toons every day when the offenders re-roll.

3.) You can't re-write the mechanics of the game - That's too costly and time consuming as well.

4.) As players we can't even war these offenders to avoid going red when they do exploit this mechanic of the game because of the rules of the game. - They are a level 2 clan that can't be warred. Not to mention they could just drop tag and be clanless, then they couldn't be warred anyways.

I find it very interesting that there all all of these things "you can't" do and there is nothing that you CAN do. What's even more interesting is that when you guys finally realized that fishing was "to lucrative" there instantly was a nerf on powerful fish and the shop cost of elcyum but now that the Russians are literally holding your players hostage which in turn holds your company in hostage because this is costing them lost revenue in the L2Store like you wouldn't believe, "there's nothing you can do" and "it's not a bug."

In the fishing post months back we were asked that if we find something that seems to lucrative in the game that we should instantly report it as a bug. Well, why don't you explain to your players how the gear that these guys are ganking from other players to sell isn't "to lucrative" for them? Why is this not a bug? It's obviously to lucrative so it has to be a bug right??? How can it not be if it's so lucrative? If it's not a bug, then maybe you should put fishing back to how it was since that's not a bug either.

Point being this... NCSoft runs a company and sells a product (items on the L2Store), therefore you are responsible to your players/customers when there is a problem. You can't just sweep it under the rug whether it falls in this "afk realm" or not. If you don't want to hear your customers complain, fix it. Otherwise deal with the fall out of the Russians outsmarting you at your own game.

BTW, how are the wife and kids? Things going well at home? I don't want you to think I'm cross. Have a nice day! :D

Why donate if you can scam good idea message received or was not that what the gms wanted to imply?

On 3/10/2018 at 4:07 AM, Neutron said:

With that said, we did request additional improvements to the system (like being able to toggle the auto-target system off), but we're not sure when or if it will be implemented so we basically need to deal with the current system as it currently works. 

~Thanks

Very good work around. The auto target system is very helpful and being able to turn it off or on will definitely resolve this issue.

I hope you will implement this as soon as possible.

L2 is hard game. Players to be success need not only play game. Need play against the game.

So, players use tips, tricks, game mechanics, game bugs, macro mouse, keyboards.

L2 is unperfect, beacuse programmers are unperfect.

It will be impossible to get perfect product. We just need same possibilietes to all to fair play.

My main wish is - a game where player can do what he want with him hands. 'Rules', Bans for 'exploiting' is naive.

Game w/o support, or support is not interested to help us? Ofcorse is 2nd one. Doesent matter wich macro stil you will use (next target or full mob name), it is game bug. And NC know about it.
- Tell me how one player can loore me from desrt qwerry to phantazmal ridge (almost to other side of HB), when i have macro to atack mobs in desert qwerry - game bug
- Tell me how i can attack flaghet or not flaget char, w/o command for this from my toon - game bug
- Tell me how i can do this 7 times in a row - game bug

- And lastone, that was be4 minutes, how dwarf with 65 LUC cant enchant 5 times one simple item +5, not +6. - done for one purpose (donate more to the game)

Dont tell me, i know the answer

Ofcorse you will never fix this problem, because you are not interested to do this. No need regular player can play, only elite or VIP members can, with bot programs.
  Don't forget that the golden stone on top of pyramid lies on many other, especially on those from the base
You just kill this game, remuve drop, reduce the power of normal player, and give privilegs for donators. The last one scam all game and make real money, and we must stay and watch.
Noooo, my dear, you are totaly mistaken.
 With great disrespect I leave this crab game

45 minutes ago, StrongMind said:

Game w/o support, or support is not interested to help us? Ofcorse is 2nd one. Doesent matter wich macro stil you will use (next target or full mob name), it is game bug. And NC know about it.
- Tell me how one player can loore me from desrt qwerry to phantazmal ridge (almost to other side of HB), when i have macro to atack mobs in desert qwerry - game bug
- Tell me how i can attack flaghet or not flaget char, w/o command for this from my toon - game bug

- And lastone, that was be4 minutes, how dwarf with 65 LUC cant enchant 5 times one simple item +5, not +6. - done for one purpose (donate more to the game)

Dont tell me, i know the answer

Ofcorse you will never fix this problem, because you are not interested to do this. No need regular player can play, only elite or VIP members can, with bot programs.
  Don't forget that the golden stone on top of pyramid lies on many other, especially on those from the base
You just kill this game, remuve drop, reduce the power of normal player, and give privilegs for donators. The last one scam all game and make real money, and we must stay and watch.
Noooo, my dear, you are totaly mistaken.
 With great disrespect I leave this crab game

Seriously O.o You got pulled from "desrt qwerry to....." (sry too hard to retype) and you need this stopped to allow you to afk macro.

1. Try fresh air.

2 Try enjoying the game as an active player.

3. NC is very bad for not creating a game where you can perfectly occupy field areas while you are inactive and not playing. (i.e. sleep maybe)

Unfortunately for you and others who complain about the same *cough* problems, realize this: Your STUPIDITY has NO CURE.

That said, if you are in a spot macroing afk and I want to actively play the game, you are getting dropped. If others happen to drop you and along the way you happen to drop gear => LMFAO - what's the great loss, you aren't there to play anyway. O.o

15 hours ago, StrongMind said:

You serious? I guess you're a new player or you didn't play too much lineage 2 otherwise you will know this things you just said are NOT bugs but:

• for the first line - Sigels have this skill called Chain Strike - Swings a chain to draw the target to you - basically pulls you. The cool down is big but can be reduces with jewels, eva rune etc.. but still if your macro has a lot of skills you will not target fast the next mob. Anyway - it takes a bit time to pull you that far but it's possible for sure - NOT bug.
  • this is called auto-target system - it is OLD game mechanic since.. I don't know.. the beginning? When you pvp or pve if you don't have target and some mob or npc hits you - you get for target the one who hits you - NOT a bug - it is actually very usefull. NCsoft have for idea to make this auto-target toggleable so you can choose if you want to auto target if someone hits you or not - which will solve this problem. Not sure if it's possible to be implemented - it depends how good the code behind the game is written :D  
  • for this one see the video in the ohyessss's comment above!!! This is save macro but unfortunately you cannot use more than 3-4 skills in it..
  • For enchantment you need maphr shirt +7 at least. The chance to enchant item to +3 is 100%. to +4 was like 60% then to +5 was.. even less - I don't remember the formula but the chance for +6 is not very big.. For that you need lucky enchant stones that gives you enchant success +15%  to +30%. 

It was never supposed to be easy to enchant anything in this game but "thanks" to the lucky stones and maphr shirt and all these l2 store items... now you see so many overenchanted items. In the past there was not even blessed scrolls.. 

Having more luc  make possible to trigger Lady Luck more often and in this case - 100% success. But it's still Korean random...

So yeah try to enjoy the game as it is by not staying afk on macro risking to lose everything.

14 hours ago, HiccUps said:

That said, if you are in a spot macroing afk and I want to actively play the game, you are getting dropped. If others happen to drop you and along the way you happen to drop gear => LMFAO - what's the great loss, you aren't there to play anyway. O.o

"getting dropped" mean you need to molest and harass an player, to pull it all the way from desert quarry to phantasmal ridge.

This take time, a lot of time so I do not accept it as looking for free hunting spot for doing daily quest.

Its not on players to log in for inquisition on others purpose.

Its not on players to do criminal activity with excuse that they are looking for afk players.

That should be left for NCSOFT and their GM's to check and solve.

And this is all apparat of human nature to be inclined to cheat, to circumvent game mechanic, to rob others because another very big problem - hunting areas are too small.

I get headache each time I need to do daily quest because all hunting spots are full and need to loose time and wait for free spot.

I have CTRL key disabled in keyboard profile and do not use macros and still I got flagged and killed by pkers or disabled/debuffed and killed by mobs many times.

So I think that all those players do not log in to play game but to harass others.

That server is too small or hunting areas are too full its a problem too.

I do not agree with those who call for server merge.

It help only for those who accumulated a lot of gear with robbery and need bigger market- more buyers to make their criminal activity even more profitable.

Also options on next target and mentioned toggle button is not real solution.

Because of human nature bad people will find sooner or latter other ways to molest and rob players.

It could partially help if NCSOFT raise hunting areas.

It could fully help to make all xp areas pvp off.

Don't be afraid to loose players if that happen.

Those players are not paying customers, they make living with robbery, with criminal activity in game..

33 minutes ago, SleepingPower said:

"getting dropped" mean you need to molest and harass an player, to pull it all the way from desert quarry to phantasmal ridge.

This take time, a lot of time so I do not accept it as looking for free hunting spot for doing daily quest.

Its not on players to log in for inquisition on others purpose.

Its not on players to do criminal activity with excuse that they are looking for afk players.

That should be left for NCSOFT and their GM's to check and solve.

And this is all apparat of human nature to be inclined to cheat, to circumvent game mechanic, to rob others because another very big problem - hunting areas are too small.

I get headache each time I need to do daily quest because all hunting spots are full and need to loose time and wait for free spot.

I have CTRL key disabled in keyboard profile and do not use macros and still I got flagged and killed by pkers or disabled/debuffed and killed by mobs many times.

So I think that all those players do not log in to play game but to harass others.

That server is too small or hunting areas are too full its a problem too.

I do not agree with those who call for server merge.

It help only for those who accumulated a lot of gear with robbery and need bigger market- more buyers to make their criminal activity even more profitable.

Also options on next target and mentioned toggle button is not real solution.

Because of human nature bad people will find sooner or latter other ways to molest and rob players.

It could partially help if NCSOFT raise hunting areas.

Those players are not paying customers, they make living with robbery, with criminal activity in game..

Yo Sp :)

1. If you are pulled that distance, then you are afk hunting and not sitting at your computer. To my knowledge this is not acceptable under game rules and in clearing a spot someone derives pleasure from taking an inactive player that distance to be killed causing the inactive player to return to their computer saying 'wtf how did I end up here'....well that's simply TOO BLOODY FUNNY and I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see the EMO rage. :) 

2. With respect to your usage of 'molest...inquisition...robbery.....criminal activity' - your relativities and scales are quite sad as it pertains to real life v. a pixel game.

59 minutes ago, SleepingPower said:

LOL, the best idea ever.. let's destroy the core of L2 and make it a completely different game.

12 minutes ago, HiccUps said:

Yo Sp :)

1. If you are pulled that distance, then you are afk hunting and not sitting at your computer. To my knowledge this is not acceptable under game rules and in clearing a spot someone derives pleasure from taking an inactive player that distance to be killed causing the inactive player to return to their computer saying 'wtf how did I end up here'....well that's simply TOO BLOODY FUNNY and I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see the EMO rage. :) 

2. With respect to your usage of 'molest...inquisition...robbery.....criminal activity' - your relativities and scales are quite sad as it pertains to real life v. a pixel game.

1. We cant call "clearing a spot" activity which take so long time, longer than time needed to do daily  as "clearing a spot"

Does game rules declare "clearing a spot" as normal players activity?

"TOO BLOODY FUNNY" can cost an victim hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

2.In addition to the questionable respect you forgot that its not 20$ subscription game any more where one could obtain all gear in game but it rests on large amounts of dollars which pertain to real life invested on a pixel game as only way to get decent gear.

9 hours ago, SleepingPower said:

Last Post SP :)

Given you like 'macros', please go to my original post above. Type in #1, Type in #2, save macro, and right click.

(Note: Given your apparent laziness: 1. Try fresh air. 2 Try enjoying the game as an active player.)

To remedy any further posts/responses from you on this emo issue, please bypass #3 (sarcasm); and, head straight to the next sentence (i.e. if this latest macro fails to work for you).

Edit: Removed harassing language ~Conguero

1 hour ago, HiccUps said:

Last Post SP :)

Given you like 'macros', please go to my original post above. Type in #1, Type in #2, save macro, and right click.

(Note: Given your apparent laziness: 1. Try fresh air. 2 Try enjoying the game as an active player.)

To remedy any further posts/responses from you on this emo issue, please bypass #3 (sarcasm); and, head straight to the next sentence (i.e. if this latest macro fails to work for you).

(Note: Again given your lethargy: "Unfortunately for you and others who complain about the same *cough* problems, realize this: Your STUPIDITY has NO CURE.")

3 hours ago, SleepingPower said:

I'm really sorry that I cant understand your post as my "STUPIDITY has NO CURE".

I even cant realize if your post is some kind of low brutal offence or praise as my "STUPIDITY has NO CURE".

On 3/9/2018 at 5:36 PM, Toooldforthis said:

You must be one of the scumbags or a very bad person .Something legitimate isnt always moral .And i suppose that your parents didnt learn you to be moral.Scumbages must get permanent ban to all of their toons.And gms must return items to ppl.Yesterday i was watching tv and laptop was in front of me.No sound on laptop to watch tv and i look  after some seconds and i see my wynn  far from my iss .Scumbag snowmaiden was draging my toon to a specific spot with some objects-wooden wall to make what they do to make char do pk.And all that infront of my nose.  i wasnt watching the wynn for maybe 40seconds to 1 min .Macro was set for next target and for monsters maybe if they take you far from mobs they can do their trick again i dont know.Of course he had uminike and aerliska kneska there.After that and some world chat ppl was coming there and was trying to kill them.They went again to hellbound, i saw a worldchat that they try there again.I wonder how many ppl yesterday lost items that payed with real money or with many many hours of gameplay for some drops.

I was victim off all this I quit Game was payable player. After all this i get nothing back from my lost gear  and ppl  made scam  still play :) so it is legal game bug don't leave AFK ;)  
This pk on afk macros is  legal.  You’re responsible for all of the actions of your character and there is no separate policy to protect you from any potential consequences you may face while AFK."   This sentenc is from " Mario "Telliks" - Lead NCSOFT Support Team "
Here is context

Please be aware that there is no bug regarding the macro system, the system is working as intended. As stated previously the Macro system is not meant to be used while AFK.  Please see the excerpt below from our official posts on the forums and support site.

"First and foremost, while the Automated Macros system in Lineage 2 was designed to be robust enough that players can streamline certain elements of gameplay, it’s not built to be a bot tool. In fact, target macros are intentionally kept very simple to prevent any complex automated gameplay. Regardless of how creative and comprehensive your macros are, it’s expected that you’re using them while actively playing or observing your character at all times. You’re responsible for all of the actions of your character and there is no separate policy to protect you from any potential consequences you may face while AFK."

@Conguero @Neutron

a good display or the attempt of addressing an issue but definitely rushed. 

Your Users are still coming with complaints about the same issue.

its an issue. If it agrees with you or not. I recommend temporally disabling auto macro until a resolution can be found or not. The game has gone years with out this feature and clearly your users can not responsibly handle this type of game play. Along with the inability to support or front load such features.

much respect and look forward to reading your responses.

@Conguero @Neutron

Good day, is it possible to change the old - auto target l2 system as following --> It should work as always, BUT after you take a PK and you are RED, it should be switched off? If it is possible I think players will stop complaining! 

You understand people will continue to use MACRO while - working, sleeping, watching a movie, eating etc etc, if this change is possible people will be satisfied .. I GUESS :D:D 

@Conguero

I am sorry for tagging you but it's better you read this for sure.

This topic for the macro is loosing more and more the point and people will not stop complaining.

So to calm down the spirits because we all saw enough evidences for the scammer's party - video, pictures etc, just permanent ban SNOWMAIDEN or whatever the Nick was and the rest on the chars on the video/pictures + permanent ban all their associated accounts FOR GOOD. Associated - you know what I mean - to which char they sent the scammed items or shop trade, IP location they were logged etc. You know how to do it and you guys permanent ban for much less in the past. Plus I am 100% sure these are RMTs.

And we really hope you will manage to implement the auto target toggle system as soon as possible.

Have a grate day!

Some of you really are thick aren"t you?

how many times does a GM have to come out and say that the macro system is not meant for AFK play. The game mechanics make it possible for u to kill someone else which can be avoid 100/100 times when your dumbass is watching the screen, or have an eye on it.

don't afk macro unless you are okay with the consequences lol. It is as simple as that there is even an announcement when you log into the game, if you still lose items due to this practise, i say u deserve it

Archived