Attack speed on mages and casting speed

Farisio

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone can answer this question.

The thing is... I'm shillien Elder and I'm using a mage staff and I have 444 cast speed but when I equip for example my Reinforced Long bow my casting speed falls to 315... The thing is: does weapons affect on casting speed? Cause mage staff is normal speed and Reinforced longbow is very slow

1 hour ago, outlaw said:

only bows have reduced cast on any char with Robe mastery passives.

Any other weap will not affect casting speed.

That's not true. For instance staffs give less c.speed than swords and swords give less than daggers.

58 minutes ago, McBacon said:

That's not true. For instance staffs give less c.speed than swords and swords give less than daggers.

if u are a mage and u get fighter buff then idk what to say in first way!

2 hours ago, Farisio said:

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone can answer this question.

The thing is... I'm shillien Elder and I'm using a mage staff and I have 444 cast speed but when I equip for example my Reinforced Long bow my casting speed falls to 315... The thing is: does weapons affect on casting speed? Cause mage staff is normal speed and Reinforced longbow is very slow

Why would u equip a bow for your SE in the first place? Thinking of playing dd solo carrier? xD the only mage fighter i have ever seen at hardore servers is the PP with duals so check out duals' stats! I know nothing about them

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jorep said:

Why would u equip a bow for your SE in the first place? Thinking of playing dd solo carrier? xD the only mage fighter i have ever seen at hardore servers is the PP with duals so check out duals' stats! I know nothing about them

It used to be a thing back in the day because mana regen was much slower and healer/buffers didn't have straight up nukes like they do now.  So of course it was nerfed some time ago...

2 hours ago, McBacon said:

This is on physical skills only because it goes off of attack speed. Not for magic skill cast that go off cast speed.

I used a top ng spear on my char cause it had more matck from the starting mage weapon and it did in fact lower the casting speed. Maybe cause it has normal attack speed or maybe cause it is a fighter weapon. I remember however they added in some GoD update in summoners that bows reduce casting speed.

17 hours ago, McBacon said:

u wot? loooooooool

any wep has same cast speed except bows. u can test by urself

lmao

Edited by outlaw

1 hour ago, outlaw said:

u wot? loooooooool

any wep has same cast speed except bows. u can test by urself

lmao

Spear also reduced my cast speed on prophet compared to 1h sword.  But what this guy is saying doesn’t seem true.  Staff and 1h sword give me same cast speed.

18 hours ago, Jorep said:

A lot of buffers/healers went bow back in the day to attack with full buffs while staying behind lines.  This is why they nerfed the cast speed on the bow only, because it was OP.  Especially with prophet, who would just root and kill the poor melees with the bow.

8 minutes ago, Decayed said:

A lot of buffers/healers went bow back in the day to attack with full buffs while staying behind lines.  This is why they nerfed the cast speed on the bow only, because it was OP.  Especially with prophet, who would just root and kill the poor melees with the bow.

ahhh.  C4 flashback w/ AL  ??‍?

22 hours ago, Jorep said:

im a 2003 players, is pretty knowed that if you are SE you will use a draconic bow

ROOT monsters, draconic bow hits 

19 hours ago, Goshirak said:

already got all the epics of this game, and top S gear in year 2008

yet u speak for a non official server where the chronicle is different from the one we are playing this moment so whatever u say is not correct and this ends here since im bored and not interested in this chat anymore :D ty