DELETE BOTS (solution)

Sphlash

I hate playing this type of game with bots too. It doesn't bother me as much in other games, but in this game they really seem to cause inflation not deflation like they do in other games. Bots also give characters levels, and in my experience in the past ( no idea now since I'm not high level) most of the successful clans had a lot of botters, rmt and other eula breaking players. Some would eventually get caught and banned then quit at least. Still most of these suggestions are terrible honestly. If they want to disincentives bots they need to disincentives long play time and put in a restrictive stamina system so you only gain decent xp and drops for the first 20 hours you play a week or something like that. It won't happen though, heck they didn't even keep the rested xp system from L2.

My opinion if all of that cant be made and with bot report button being Just for decor. You can make use of it and when you report a player there will pop up a capcha as said. All that will have to be applied in the next parameters. 

1. Player should be in combat Mode. 

2. Player should not be in peace zone

3. Punishment will be increased on how many times not complete the survey. E. G. Kill. Jail. Ban. Or let community decide. 

4. Decrease the rules of using bot report button and increase the times you can use it daily depending on current bot activity. 

5. If player complete capcha he cant be reported again for 1 hour and if player doesn't complete you will not lose bot report point and player can be reported again in 5 minute.

6. In raid boss zone wont be affected because many player go afk hitting rb and other people will abuse this feature. 

If i missed something or you think its not good leave a feedback.

P.s. I know that everything of what i said and other People wont be reviewed and nothing will change. 

P. S.2 Happy New year everyone

1 hour ago, KoutaviMeDuals said:

My opinion if all of that cant be made and with bot report button being Just for decor. You can make use of it and when you report a player there will pop up a capcha as said. All that will have to be applied in the next parameters. 

1. Player should be in combat Mode. 

2. Player should not be in peace zone

3. Punishment will be increased on how many times not complete the survey. E. G. Kill. Jail. Ban. Or let community decide. 

4. Decrease the rules of using bot report button and increase the times you can use it daily depending on current bot activity. 

5. If player complete capcha he cant be reported again for 1 hour and if player doesn't complete you will not lose bot report point and player can be reported again in 5 minute.

6. In raid boss zone wont be affected because many player go afk hitting rb and other people will abuse this feature. 

If i missed something or you think its not good leave a feedback.

P.s. I know that everything of what i said and other People wont be reviewed and nothing will change. 

P. S.2 Happy New year everyone

1. "combat mode" lasts a very short time so I'm not sure what you're trying to ask for here.

2, You already cannot use the bot report button on people in a peace zone / town.

4. If they knew exactly how much bot activity was going on then why bother dynamically adjusting the bot report function when they could just straight out ban the bots they counted?...

2 hours ago, TheWhiteGuar said:

I hate playing this type of game with bots too. It doesn't bother me as much in other games, but in this game they really seem to cause inflation not deflation like they do in other games. Bots also give characters levels, and in my experience in the past ( no idea now since I'm not high level) most of the successful clans had a lot of botters, rmt and other eula breaking players. Some would eventually get caught and banned then quit at least. Still most of these suggestions are terrible honestly. If they want to disincentives bots they need to disincentives long play time and put in a restrictive stamina system so you only gain decent xp and drops for the first 20 hours you play a week or something like that. It won't happen though, heck they didn't even keep the rested xp system from L2.

You don't seem to understand what deflation is and how it's impossible for bots to cause it.

All online games have inflation baked in to some degree. Otherwise it would be impossible for new players to get anywhere economically.

Inflation/Deflation is the rise or fall of the average price level for stuff. In principle if bots playing causes the creation of more stuff relative to adena those prices should fall, say for basic mats. Usually that isn't the case, sure. I'd say inflation hurts new players but it really depends on the structure of the economy. Most mmo economies are designed to be inflationary, so I should've used the term disinflationary instead. That's not always the case though; In GW1 the highest price level for things was in prophecies chapter and prices for end game gear and materials fell as more expansions were released.

On 28/12/2018 at 9:32 PM, Khania said:

farming for one day without bsps in 3 hours i do with only one character, 300k money, imagine a bot that was farming 24 hours per day during 3 months and with 9 characters

24.300.000.000 of money

and you wonder why you have top d weapons +16 too soon?

BOTTING ADENA BUYERS

buy items d from shop, crystal it, buy enchant d weap in giran, enchant enchant enchant

and this means only for one botter, now, multiply 24.300.000.000 x 6000 = 

this is the total ammount of adena of botters in talking island and giran server

145800000000000, probabbly these botters are from the TOP GUILDS of each server, they will farm the EPICS First than all, win the olis first than all, and they are going to sell or use the epics and more selling in real life

then

game is destroyed by this people

Just let those "TOP GUILDS" being the in "top" by giving money to chinese/russian adena farmers. Being "good" at Lineage 2 must be worth each cent they spent. Dude must have a pathetic life existence for doing such practices to be good at the game.

"Hey, I suck irl but at least i'm good at this game!". Meanwhile a russian/chinese botter laughing in the corner of the room.

On 27. 12. 2018 at 6:18 PM, Sphlash said:

SHAME FOR PASSIVITY!!

1. Made 2 tickets with evidence of botting and neither of the cases were resolved ... SHAME!

[content moderated - Please report bots to Support, not on forums. Thank you!]

OPEN YOUR EYES NC WEST!

GUYS, PLEASE POST MORE EVIDENCE OF CLEAR BOTTING, WE NEED SOLUTION!!

Well, i have reported a BOT train in necropolis and i have to say that the bot train im trying to PM everyday (it's been 10 days) is still offline so it looks like they have been punished.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:45 PM, TheWhiteGuar said:

Inflation/Deflation is the rise or fall of the average price level for stuff. In principle if bots playing causes the creation of more stuff relative to adena those prices should fall, say for basic mats. Usually that isn't the case, sure. I'd say inflation hurts new players but it really depends on the structure of the economy. Most mmo economies are designed to be inflationary, so I should've used the term disinflationary instead. That's not always the case though; In GW1 the highest price level for things was in prophecies chapter and prices for end game gear and materials fell as more expansions were released.

Deflation in a game is when more money is going out of the economy via sinks (repairs/TP cost etc) than is being injected via faucets (drops for example). The only way for a game to experience deflation is if it was impossible for you to make money while doing anything. You would have to lose money with every activity you engage in. That's deadly for a game because at that point it's impossible for new players to play. Inflation ensures that new players can get a piece of the pie.  More bots = more adena injected into the economy = more adena over time required to buy items. There will be exceptions to this though as some items might decrease in value due to the increase in supply from the botters..

The rest of your post is just junk as you seem quite confused about economics and how end game progression goes in games. End game gear prices fall as expansions are released because those end game pieces become far less relevant (aka old/cheaper to make/etc) so the demand drops as people want the best end game gear (the new end game gear) not the old stuff. End game gear prices in some games drop naturally anyway as the demand for the related items drops over time because there are fewer people who need the gear. This happens in lineage 2 as the population moves up in gear grade. The prior grade decreases in price as the demand drops and supply grows (although inflation will counter that price drop some). The highest end gear in Lineage 2 will remain pricey simply because the high end players will keep gobbling up gear to try to over enchant. So the demand doesn't drop off like it does in other games.

Archived