Ban for MS Visual Studio?

3xt7

I just want to warn any software developers - apparently you can get banned for Visual Studio or an app you developing.. in my case it was a network monitoring app. NCSoft is still reviewing my case (tickets 23230799 and 23230813) - but this is BS... I can't prove anything to anyone and if this happened once it can happen again...

Happy New Year 9_9

In case anyone cares;

..funny thing is, I always have four accounts logged in at the same time (on two computers). Two got banned and two are working fine... The only difference is that accounts that didn't get banned have active subscription. Coincidence... I'm sure. :D

For now they are not able to specify any 3rd party software that I was using that was in violation of TOS.

This really doesn't answer my question:

[moderated content per CoC violation]

After back and forth with the support (GM Catharsis, Holooc, Glenn, Jessica) the final message is;

[moderated content]

it's basically GFY and stop mailing us :S Whole conversation was ME trying to prove something with screenshots, previous tickets and asking what 3rd program I was using that is in violation of TOS... and THEM using autoresponses.

Once you get flagged by their system, you are screwed, you are done .. unless you a gooood spender ;)  So they banned my two boxes for no reason and my two main accounts are fine...because I spend a lot? ... but here is THE THING, I'm not gonna spend anymore.

@Aurinya @PhoenixMitra@Hime@Juji  Thank you for the past 10+ years. ;)

1 hour ago, Nymphadorae said:

I like how they say this, but keep banned anyway 9_9

You don't understand what they are saying.

It means that they didn't find an error in their decision.

Also on topic: Nobody cares, but running sniffers is a bad idea and it tripped XC. Action was taken according to their EULA, case and account closed.

Side note: It's considered a good practice to have a dedicated machine to develop, compile and debug software you write.

11 hours ago, 3xt7 said:

I just want to warn any software developers - apparently you can get banned for Visual Studio or an app you developing.. in my case it was a network monitoring app. NCSoft is still reviewing my case (tickets 23230799 and 23230813) - but this is BS... I can't prove anything to anyone and if this happened once it can happen again...

Happy New Year 9_9

For sample if you play on 4game and you use chat too advertise you twich channel  or do title with channel name and you are standart player(not hero or top sider) you well be banned but if you are in top side you pay you can do it and I see how sider advertise their channel=] enoy

Soon you will need a clean Windows installation to play L2.

Anyway.. L2 support is useless - people are getting banned for no reason and after 3-4 autoresponses they will just ignore your messages.   At the same time people are using software for PVP and botting... and it's fiiiine....  B|

is there anyone left at the support who can spare 5 minutes and actually check tickets 23230799 and 23230813. I kinda miss your auto-responses.. but I would be really grateful for someone checking if bans were justified.

THANK YOU!

On 07/01/2019 at 2:24 PM, TricepsFTW said:

Why in hell do ppl even install Dev  tools in their live Environment? Always use a Virtual Machine. Why would you want all of them services running in your gaming PC?

I have never heard such a bad solution. But i will give you some reasons:

* What a hell would you buy such an expensive machine to use only for... games? Clearly you are not a dev...

* Game machines have perfect resources for developers, even the video card GPU may be used to run neural networks for data scientists and etc.

* Virtual Machines? They are heavy, outdated and take a lot of resources of the host machine. I’m not going to degrade even more the performance of dev tools or games. Anyway, forget virtual machines, use Docker containers :) 

But the main reason is not technical, but based on good common sense: our machines are  paid with our money, it is our property, so we do whatever we want with our machines.

Archived