So, level cap is a 70 soft cap? Wrong.

• L2 Team

Hello all,

We originally understood when we launched Classic that there was a level cap of 70. Of course as many of you discovered that is not the case and the level can progressed higher than 70. So right now yes you can progress higher then level 70 as long as you meet each XP requirement, but the game content is capped at level 70. We are working on updates for both Classic and Live. Once we're ready to share information on what and when, we'll be sure to do so.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

We originally understood when we launched Classic that there was a level cap of 70. Of course as many of you discovered that is not the case and the level can progressed higher than 70. So right now yes you can progress higher then level 70 as long as you meet each XP requirement, but the game content is capped at level 70. We are working on updates for both Classic and Live. Once we're ready to share information on what and when, we'll be sure to do so.

When can we expect Clan Halls, Sieges, Oly? Those don't require update, as they are already in game.

20 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

@Hime

Hime, not to put you on the spot, as I know you don't get to dictate what does or does not happen.  Are there any plans to make sure the server doesnt get too far ahead of the general population?  For example, it should have been lvl 75, but can we at least try to cap the levels from getting 76+?  If people can continuously play ahead, the other people will see only despair and you will see population decline somewhat.  

13 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

@Hime So your team does something different than expected?

OMG, thats new, not like NCSoft staff provides a quality job, id say bellow of whats really expected, but, hey we have to play "as intended".

Randon Bans, low Rates, Bots everywhere, no Goals, People getting Ahead, other behind, seems like you wanna push your population to buy adena...

• L2 Team
1 hour ago, Dhol said:

When can we expect Clan Halls, Sieges, Oly? Those don't require update, as they are already in game.

It does require an update, but we are working on bringing this as soon as we can.

1 hour ago, sailenceWL said:

@Hime

Hime, not to put you on the spot, as I know you don't get to dictate what does or does not happen.  Are there any plans to make sure the server doesnt get too far ahead of the general population?  For example, it should have been lvl 75, but can we at least try to cap the levels from getting 76+?  If people can continuously play ahead, the other people will see only despair and you will see population decline somewhat.  

That's a fair question and concern. Since this was originally brought up, it's something we have discussed and are monitoring.

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

@Hime - you should add/said...  "What we published on the website was wrong and we made a massive mistake based on what NCK told us.  We are looking at all the other mistakes we made and are looking to correct them/provide guidance on those issues."  Honestly be up front on that NCK screwed you over.... 

3 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

what-does-that-even-mean-jackie-chan.jpg

On 1/7/2019 at 1:15 PM, SinnS said:

Yeah it looks like the version of classic that Korea dished up for us is just skill capped at 70. Not what NC west was expecting, but then again they were thrown for so many loops thats just one in the bucket. Not sure what the real level cap is, It is most likely in the 80s. 

Why would anyone think there would still be mods around here? The behavior of the people posting here has been absolutely disgusting and just hard to handle. Yall acted like demon children and the parents walked out. 

I think they are giving us the cold shoulder to be frank. Though even helpful posts are being absolutely ignored and the Mods aren't taking the time to review and evaluate the posts. When people are taking the time to read through 23 pages of posts to get updated and the Mods aren't there is a problem. It isn't the Mods fault though, they are just barely handling the flack and letting ourselves fight one another; instead of supporting one another. This is just a normal tactic that works very well in the West... Divide and conquer. Not to mention with so much flack coming at them they are probably at a loss on how to address the situation since NC West has little say in what happens... they have to get feedback from KR to reply to Western comments. To be fair, they can probably open up some GM slots (free or paid) and solve the bot issue (which why would they want to? They supply the server with mats that players aren't currently farming). Though, it wouldn't be the first time that content that was not intended for active gameplay made it into L2.

10 hours ago, sailenceWL said:

@Hime

7 hours ago, GodEmperorRump said:

what-does-that-even-mean-jackie-chan.jpg

We need them to define what Capped means.

13 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

@Juji

@JujiGame content is capped at 70, yet you can upgrade some current skills at 72 74 and maybe more.... If 70 was intended as max level there would be no new skills to learn after 70...  The players of this community, and your customers would much rather you speak the truth and say, "i have no idea why things are the way they are"  Most people have more respect for those who tell the truth rather  then lie. Whether you are misinformed or really dont know the answer, honesty is best. I understand Ncwest is your employer but in honesty u can do better then this crap company so i suggest start speaking the truth to us the customers. If Nc dont like it tell them peace out girl scout i am too good for this company and for all of you scumbags at the top of the corp ladder....

If you want our trust and respect back, you really need to start earning it, first by speaking the truth, second if the higher ups dont like it tell them to go kick rocks like they tell us to do when we looking for answers....

Just my thoughts

KTP

13 hours ago, Hime said:

This is a crucial issue for me.  There are CPs into their mid 70s now and the only reason I keep playing is knowing the gap will eventually shorten up due to caps.  If there is no cap I will not play anymore, but we need to know.  If players can get their third class changes tell me now so I can quit today.

5 minutes ago, BadCrab said:

This is a crucial issue for me.  There are CPs into their mid 70s now and the only reason I keep playing is knowing the gap will eventually shorten up due to caps.  If there is no cap I will not play anymore, but we need to know.  If players can get their third class changes tell me now so I can quit today.

+1 what the point to make wrong patch note ?? any other major bug not discovred alrdy ?  3rd class next week for these guys ? and to be honest  3 months on classic and some people are 7x + lvl  ...

15 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

@Hime

Can you clarify what "game content is capped at lvl 70" means?

I am piggy backing off other people, but really the biggest question is, is 3rd class change available?  The NPCs are there.  The quest mobs are there.  Everything is there.  So when you say content is capped, what does that mean?  Also, we all know you can get skills higher than 70 too.  So it just seems as ignorant as the lvl 1 support stating that the lvl cap is still 70.

16 hours ago, sailenceWL said:

@Hime

Maybe you stay more time on game and less time QQing on the forum so you will be higher level also!

14 hours ago, Hime said:

It does require an update, but we are working on bringing this as soon as we can.

That's a fair question and concern. Since this was originally brought up, it's something we have discussed and are monitoring.

UP!! It's time to have some fun update the server we want sieges and ollys!

24 minutes ago, iCaLyPaC said:

UP!! It's time to have some fun update the server we want sieges and ollys!

I'm curious - is it actually fun when everyone you pvp is 15 levels lower then you?

History shows us that CPs like yours get bored quickly and leave.

I remember when I was an unemployed student, too.  Them days was hard, got to make money to eat man.  I can't hate on those guys for blasting through levels and content, playing 18 hours a day to eat.  You do what you got to do.  Life is tough sometimes.

Archived