Options>Shortcut - settings don't save

Elivian

Hello,

For some time I experience the following problem: when I change a key in settings and restart, the applied changes don't keep. I used to be able to change my keys and did it daily but now i can only keep the ones i set before a restart half an year ago :D

Any ideas ? Can it be a corrupted file or a setting which I don't see? 

8 hours ago, marw said:

Kill all L2 windows, start 1, edit settings, exit. 

Then it should save correctly.

It doesn't work - this was the first thing that came to my mind. 

15 hours ago, Varox said:

try to delete the system file and use the game launcher, i do this (re-set keys) every day because my cousin plays on the same account and change my settings every fvcking time xD

System and Options.ini deletion didn't work last time but probably worth a retry. 
In general - thanks for the replies so far but I tried these two already :)

22 hours ago, Dargor said:

Account sharing is bannable...

Pretty sure he meant same account of the PC, as the discussion here is settings of the game, not settings of the char :)

12 minutes ago, Elivian said:

Any more ideas? None of the things previously said works ;/ The keys reset the moment i put my mouse on the restart/exit key, a milisecond before existing the game/character.

Make sure your write/read privilegies is all good on the PC, sounds as if the game is having difficulties making changes to the setting files.

If you find no solution, you could manually edit the setting file (option.ini)

The row you need to look for is [Communication] > NextTargetMode=0

Dont know which is which, so suggest you start with 0 to see which one it is, then exit the game, change it to 1, log back in, check, exit game, change it to 2.. and so on.

But assumingly:

0= target to taunt

1= Monster

2= PC

3= NPC

If for some reason the game resets the option.ini file, just deny write privilegies as a final solution (after editing it to whatever you need :P )

Problem solved - just restart all keys to default from the game => restart => set your settings and apply. Simple :D I never actually clicked to restore default and tried all kind of more complicated stuff which was not related to the actual problem ;D

Archived