Known Issue: Server Login/Select Issue

Hime

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

We have been experiencing on and off server interruptions. This is impacting logins as you have reported. Please bear with us as we work through this. Thank you!

Thanks. I just lost 4% (about 6h of playing).

Random DC with big mobs. 

This server got so much problems with stability. Its really official with licence? 

2 hours ago, Punish said:

No its not, just from a troubleshooting perspective that instance where one person is able to login from work but not home while on the same ISP would be extremely telling whether its an IP issue or something internal to the game itself.

Next step would be to see if someone has done a complete reinstall of their OS AND lineage 2. 

If people across the world reportedly become able to log in just after getting a new DHCP lease from the same provider, what do you think it is?

I'd say it most likely is physically broken router, physically broken L3 switch or logically broken fail2ban-like software.

(if I cared more about NC West services and had an illusion that it could be of any help to NC West employees, I'd be running t2.nano instances across Amazon data centers collecting the statistics about failing IP address patterns)

I live about 2 and a half hours from the datacenter that houses the servers. There have been two times I have been unable to log into my server. Both times I was able to log in after waiting 20-30 minutes. Both times some of my accounts had delayed reaction to the server selection. Last night was one of those times and the first clients that logged in took up to 25 seconds from the time I clicked on the server till the time I actually got into the server's character select. At the third or fourth try to get an account logged into the game the server select actually showed one of the servers as down. At that point I just walked away and did other things for around 30 minutes before trying again. Everything worked but there was as mentioned earlier a very long delay between the selection of a server and the character select screen loading.

I still believe that part of the problem is people spam clicking to join a server. Whenever I click to join a server more than once it will break the process and force me to close the client and try again well later (since the account will still be in use if I log back in right away).

https://i.imgur.com/GDDp3t3.png

EDIT : I have no idea how to imbedd an image on these forums =/

• Hime unpinned this topic

Yep, it will be resolved so you can never login again since you are using a 3rd pt program to do so.  This is what they told me when I was having issues logging in a while back because of comcast.  I ran a tracert from my PC to lineage 2 and it kept timing out at comcast, when you use a program like wtfast or any other program like it they reroute your tracert so if you do get a timeout it will only happen once and after that it's rerouted to another PC.

Also imo it should be allowed, I'm just telling  you what they told me a while back for using a program like it, it wasn't that exact one, but one that does the exact same thing.  You could also get a VPN and it would do the same thing I believe since it would use a different route to get to lineage 2 server.

17 hours ago, Punish said:

No its not, just from a troubleshooting perspective that instance where one person is able to login from work but not home while on the same ISP would be extremely telling whether its an IP issue or something internal to the game itself.

Next step would be to see if someone has done a complete reinstall of their OS AND lineage 2. 

Im on ATT at both the Office and at home, I can login from home and not the office. Same equipment, only difference is the network infrastructure. My problem effectively started 5 days after reformatting my laptop. Was good for the first 4 days, and day 5 went back to the office (for a test) and it wouldn't pass char select (yesterday), today it wont pass the server select, yet while remotting into my home PC I can still log in. So... I think that is the test you needed right? Im talking full reformat.. manually had to install drivers etc. Neat thing to note, L2 and W10 don't play well, and I had some issues launching due to a sound driver, Nvida HD audio needed some tweaking, after that gravy. Laptop works from home fine, just can't bypass server select today.

The servers are up and I can't login yet.

I always try to be as understanding as I can, but 7 days and a server maintenance without a clarification is way too long. I haven't played this game long enough yet to consider paying for it, but I feel for those who have VIP and they deserve some recompense after this.

1 hour ago, Iaren said:

OMG todavía no puede entrar en ningún servidor   >:(. Buen trabajo chicos, solo agarra mis muchos. ¿Me puede recordar el nombre de la empresa con la protección de los usuarios? Gracias 

here in Argentina is called the consumer defense

22 hours ago, Hime said:

Γεια σε όλους,

Έχουμε βιώσει και διακόψει τις διακοπές του διακομιστή. Αυτό επηρεάζει τα στοιχεία σύνδεσης όπως αναφέρατε. Σας παρακαλούμε να συνεργαστείτε μαζί μας. Ευχαριστώ!

how   we can conect in game  this   was  company problem find a  soloution  we play this  game  over  10 years  and nothing like that   it hapens before fix it or we force to unistall the this game

seems like we have to log in via WTFast .. at least for me its works fine, i will play on this till end of sub. (around 20days more) then, seems gonna to uninstall game if they wont fix it !! -.-'

Wtf is going on. I haven't been able to log for more then 2 weeks and all my runes a ticking. Not to mention the xp I'm losing not being able to be at raids. I am a us citizen and think it's funny how all the other players non us are able to log with VPN and I cant. I tried using a VPN to see if it would even work and it did yesterday but dosnt work today and just gives me the same problem. Fix your game. This is bullshit 

Archived