Does this game make new players play mages? Other issues.

Kursed

New mages get a devotion set (which gives more casting speed), and the first class buffs give acumen and empower.

Fighters get  a wooden set  lvl one buffs also but it has no vampric rage, no death whisper to balance the focus. Making them almost useless at the start. 

In reality the game is too hard for the solo player anyways so many bots feeding main characters or   dualboxing. There are some clans that have cp's but after 15 years of playing this game who can sit for more than 4 -6 hours a day. No wonder they bot.

The mana rate is crazy low for a 15 year old game. 

I gave it a shot but unless I become unemployed this game is not for me. To bad Lineage was is my favorite game of all time.

I know it sounds like complaining but just sharing my thought as what a new player see when they log here. I don't mind a hard grind and no adena but sitting constantly is not fun!. 

Thanks for the memories and good luck everyone!

Same here - gl guys I just don't have the possibility to spend 5+hours a day for grinding and fighting with bots and their retarded mains who bully you if you interfere with their botting.

Worst of all is that it seems Dev's/GM's are lost without any clear vision and rules.

Suggestion: Empower GM's to fix the issues as per community feedback?

46 minutes ago, Wegi said:

Same here - gl guys I just don't have the possibility to spend 5+hours a day for grinding and fighting with bots and their retarded mains who bully you if you interfere with their botting.

Worst of all is that it seems Dev's/GM's are lost without any clear vision and rules.

Suggestion: Empower GM's to fix the issues as per community feedback?

Jesus Christ. Why do u people think anyone is interested in why you dont play certain game?

This forum is in 99% "why I dont play here" trash. Stick some thread for those people cus forums are useless and unreadable at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Kursed said:

New mages get a devotion set (which gives more casting speed), and the first class buffs give acumen and empower.

Fighters get  a wooden set  lvl one buffs also but it has no vampric rage, no death whisper to balance the focus. Making them almost useless at the start. 

In reality the game is too hard for the solo player anyways so many bots feeding main characters or   dualboxing. There are some clans that have cp's but after 15 years of playing this game who can sit for more than 4 -6 hours a day. No wonder they bot.

I gave it a shot but unless I become unemployed this game is not for me. To bad Lineage was is my favorite game of all time.

I know it sounds like complaining but just sharing my thought as what a new player see when they log here. I don't mind a hard grind and no adena but sitting constantly is not fun!. 

Thanks for the memories and good luck everyone!

Honestly u can beat the first 25 lvls in aprox 10h as a free to play player without xp boosts, and at lvl 25 u get free blue d set, so the initial 7 day sets don't really matter. If u can't beat 25 lvl in 7 days then yes., Ur gameplay is wrong.

I personally play 3 characters, and play max 3h per day. Mostly i invest my time into my crafter, and when i have more free time i grind my da little by little. I tend to play dwarf till some grinding event comes and then drop dwarf and play da. That way i always have top gear for my grade (currently lvl 46 sls and compo set). Keep in mind that this classic is based more arround daily quests than solo grind for solo players. At lvl 35 u get ai daily which gives 3kk xp daily at 45 fom daily which is 7kk xp daily aswell as aden dungeon after 40 that has a chance to drop good stuff.

Mages have it easier in pve, but that's not server, that's l2. However when it comes to pvp mages fall down quickly.

Ofc if u play solo dd it's a bit difficult, so if u plan to play with one char then pick a char that is a strong standalone like dwarfs or da or most of the tanks, or pick a support (best bd/sws) to find pt quickly.

Keep in mind that due to party xp boost if u lvl 2 chars at the same time u only loose a tiny bit of xp (i think arround 15%) which u can compensate with overhits. So basically u have 2 characters for same xp. 

I think ur main problem is that u want to win the game, but l2 was always a time sink. So even if u have 10h a day to play i doesn't mean that u will be a the top, since there will always be ppl who can play 16h a day, and some cp's who drive theyr characters 24/7.

My suggestion is find a char or gameplay that u really enjoy and just turtle little by little till next xp weekend boost :D

Everyone who complains on this forum still plays and will keep playing here,otherwise why would they bother to even write a message.

For those who want to leave,please don't forget to drop your gear somewhere,so you have less incentive to come back

I stopped for three weeks to play but I still looked at the forum. Νow I'm back and I play 2-3 hours a week ,19 of my 21 friends on my friendlist are offline 8 days till 1 month.

Still no clan halls and zones are full of bots .I look every day on the forum for future fixes

12 hours ago, Kursed said:

You're right the mana regen rate is crazy better than it was back in the day. The regen rate has to be at least 3x what it actually was back in the early chronicle era. This is further amplified by the pets having vastly increased mana regen rates too while not taking 30% of xp like they used to. I think it was 30% but I'm going based off memory from 14 years ago. My SPS spent about as much time sitting to regen as it spent actually killing back then.

Archived