Connectivity Issues Update - 1/15

Hime

2 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Actual number playing doesn't matter as the background issues of catching bots/cheats is the same either way. Those with higher numbers of players have it somewhat easier because they have more data to use for their anti-cheat activities. They also have a lot more financial resources to devote to anti-cheat activities.

Bro these servers have less than 10k players all together, you literally hire one guy to log in at a random time of day and clear bots and the problem is solved. You don't need a friggin algorithm based on the servers statistics lmfao. Also lol at the bolded part, so NCsoft is too poor to afford anti-bot measures? I guess that explains the problem. Too bad NCsoft isn't a multi-game company or anything :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Zace said:

Bro these servers have less than 10k players all together, you literally hire one guy to log in at a random time of day and clear bots and the problem is solved. You don't need a friggin algorithm based on the servers statistics lmfao. Also lol at the bolded part, so NCsoft is too poor to afford anti-bot measures? I guess that explains the problem. Too bad NCsoft isn't a multi-game company or anything :D

/facepalm

Since you have all the solutions go apply to valve or ncwest..

The level of ignorance and arrogance with this one is amazing.

1 minute ago, Tool_of_Society said:

/facepalm

Since you have all the solutions go apply to valve or ncwest..

The level of ignorance and arrogance with this one is amazing.

Go watch your bot instead of spamming 10 threads on the forums

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

We had a brief period where we were hopeful the connectivity issue was resolved, and unfortunately, last night the issues resurfaced.

We are experiencing service interruptions on Lineage II. This is not caused by our servers--our servers are not failing, and are running normally. What's not normal is the amount of illegitimate traffic our servers are experiencing. That traffic is causing high latency, disconnections, and what many of you have already reported-- being unable to connect to our servers.

Our team has been working and will be continue to work on mitigating the illegitimate traffic, and unfortunately, you may continue to experience various effects of this issue. We understand this situation has not been the best, but please know we will be taking next steps to make up for the lost time our players has experienced.

Thank you for bearing with us. We'll post another update as soon as we have more.

so after 7 dayz of downtime on an oficial server , you have no clue whats going on. because this isnt illegitimate traffic, bcz there are no lags and no disconections, we are just unable to login from certain ip adresses

ps NOONE can ddos a server for 7dayz nonstop.

9 hours ago, Hime said:

I'm not trying to deflect you, but please contact our Customer Support!

I did this and got this answer:

"We apologize for the inconvenience on our servers due to connectivity issues. Unfortunately, we do not have any compensation information but if there's any it will surely be posted on our forums or website. Kindly check our forums and website to get an update about this matter, links are provided below:"

10 hours ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

We had a brief period where we were hopeful the connectivity issue was resolved, and unfortunately, last night the issues resurfaced.

We are experiencing service interruptions on Lineage II. This is not caused by our servers--our servers are not failing, and are running normally. What's not normal is the amount of illegitimate traffic our servers are experiencing. That traffic is causing high latency, disconnections, and what many of you have already reported-- being unable to connect to our servers.

Our team has been working and will be continue to work on mitigating the illegitimate traffic, and unfortunately, you may continue to experience various effects of this issue. We understand this situation has not been the best, but please know we will be taking next steps to make up for the lost time our players has experienced.

Thank you for bearing with us. We'll post another update as soon as we have more.

@Hi Hi Hime

i want to ask, since i fixed my login from stopping at server select saturday and it has been flawless ever since, by going to my ISP and login there, and disabling something called Router Function, that suposedly only allows 2 pc/phone etc to access the internet at one time, where as the router function allows 100 devices to connect from behind the router/modem<--(not sure what this thing is that i have) and there is no doubt this is what fixed the issue for me, because when it was stated here that it had been fixed by u guys i changed it back to enable router function and i couldnt login at again, how does this have anything to do with the fact that server is being flooded by logins and thereby causing alot of ppl to not be able login at all? why can i fix the problem by messing around with my modem/router setting? does it simply mean that some badboys who are flooding the server actually have the same ISP as me? and when i disable the router function my modem becomes the base instead of the ISP router thingie, that u guys perhaps have blacklisted for nearly crashing the server with "activity" ?

9 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Botting was every bit as present in the pay to play era. Actually in my experience it was more pervasive as a significant chunk (if not the majority) of the high level players would bot between sieges/pvp. It was sort of a mini game to try to find where the high level "leetsauce" players were botting.

You cannot be serious. It's not like every time you logged in you were assaulted with adena spammer bots. It's not like when you ran your class change quests you saw mobs occupying almost every location on the map.

Well the main wasn't botting so there's nothing to fear to bring it to kill your characters messing with their income.

You shouldn't try to cheat IRL. This kind of argument doesn't work against prosecutors or judges.

I'm trying to argue that the person is concerned about being banned or he wouldn't be running a low level bot party when he could be doing it with a much higher level bot party and make way more adena/hour.

Why wouldn't he be doing both?

I know that it is a pain to clean out all the bots and adena sellers. It has taken me 8 years to get back into this game and I truly love the game. But I can not afford to spend money and then watch it get wasted away by time so I would like to know if support will be able to answer the question of what will be done in this case. 

Lag and illegal Traffic? Easy, START DOING SOMETHIGN ABOUT BOTS, its a joke, you can see town like Dion with "Snakes of bots" running through the town to leveling zones. And you can check the names are the same EVERYDAY, so NCSOFT its not banning bots.

When are you going to solve this problem definitely? There are many players who are wanting to stop playing because of this problem. It is not possible that such a great company can not solve such a problem in a week. You are giving vague explanations but do not say "DAY SUCH THE PROBLEM WILL BE RESOLVED". Does update here another update there but the problem persists for many players and you are with this imcompetencia of this size? People invested money and time here and you can not solve this problem? Several bots are unleashed on every server running 24 hours a day for 7 days a week. I have reported a lot of bots but you are not so neither, congratulations to the team that is managing NCSoft

14 hours ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

pff. 3 days and still waiting you answer my ticket,Still with issues cause cant log, cant continue at the part of select server. 
do somenthing cause have 3 days with out log.

Archived