Connectivity Issues Update - 1/15

Hime

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best update ever, on Monday I was able to log in to game, same as many other players but unfortunately it did not last very long. Next day I was not able to log in again and today we finally get long awaited update hoping it will fix problem with login but ofcourse it did not fix anything and this statement is joke... They finaly figure out it was sort of ddos atack a week later... I'm slowly losing hope...

NCSOFT makes everyone from the beginning uphill.
At the beginning it was lowered exp and drop spoil every time you need to confirm with the authorization code to log in to your account now the problem of logging in because it is reportedly illegal traffic on the server.

For you everything is illegal, even you can not speak normally because you can see it in chat.

I do not intend to use additional programs (paid) to connect to the game.

Or maybe NCSOFT has a WTFAST layout and has a purpose to connect through this program ...

Two weeks do not log into the game because there is a problem I wrote to the support and I got the answer that the problem was solved. I like to play ... and I have a disconnect !!

The problem is from you because it started from server restart before there was no "suspicious traffic" !!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Shadicar said:

@HimeSo I don't understand the server went down for maintenance and should have no illegitimate traffic, correct? How could I not log in directly after they come up? This is crazy. 

Im completely blocked out now too. Client times out on char select.

2 minutes ago, waxamara said:

7 days not loguin and reset server, and again not loguin >:( srr i leave server now

This is sad, I love this game but I'm seriously considering uninstall this after all the issues, I will wait a few days more, as I understand the problem is a ddos attack, or I'm wrong?

My question is, why I can see a lot of people connected according to the server status? how they are able to login? those stats are reliable?

https://l2.laby.fr/status/

14 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

xigncode 3 does exactly what you asked for.

Botting was every bit as present in the pay to play era. Actually in my experience it was more pervasive as a significant chunk (if not the majority) of the high level players would bot between sieges/pvp. It was sort of a mini game to try to find where the high level "leetsauce" players were botting.

Real players were botting/scripting to get ahead in the game because they could get away with it.  Had NCWest actively pursued botting/scripting and perma-banned every botter/scripter they found (no second chances, no 3-day or whatever bans; first time caught and perma-ban) that would have solved the problem.  The botters/scripters would have lost not only their botting character but all the characters on the account, including all their gear and adena.  NCWest was far too lenient.  

Now we have a different problem, though.  People are botting as a business to make money, not to advance in the game.  Now it is no big deal to the botters to get banned and roll new F2P characters.  For these businessmen, actively pursuing and perma-banning characters and accounts in a subscription-based game would kill their profits.  But that's not the model NCWest choose and we (and they) are stuck with the result. 

If xigncode3 does what I'm suggesting (looking on your computer to see what software you are running with the game and automatically perma-banning anyone using third party software) it must be doing a lousy job of it, since bots are still everywhere.  

29 minutes ago, Eternal said:

The good news is that angel Cat will be in town all week handling angel cat blessing, everything will be all right fellas.  

Yea as compensation its awsome for ppl who are not able to log to the game... Logic!

2 hours ago, Hegom said:

This is sad, I love this game but I'm seriously considering uninstall this after all the issues, I will wait a few days more, as I understand the problem is a ddos attack, or I'm wrong?

My question is, why I can see a lot of people connected according to the server status? how they are able to login? those stats are reliable?

https://l2.laby.fr/status/

I don't know how reliable the stats are, but so far I have had no issues logging in on any of my 3 accounts.  Not so, however, for my friend.  He's been blocked out for days, got in once, then blocked again, on both his accounts.  His pc is 4 feet from mine, but we do have different internet providers. His comes in on the cable line, mine on the phone line.

This bites. Even though I can play, I feel guilty if I do, while he sits there growling as he plays solitaire.....

3 minutes ago, GrannyChill said:

I don't know how reliable the stats are, but so far I have had no issues logging in on any of my 3 accounts.  Not so, however, for my friend.  He's been blocked out for days, got in once, then blocked again, on both his accounts.  His pc is 4 feet from mine, but we do have different internet providers. His comes in on the cable line, mine on the phone line.

This bites. Even though I can play, I feel guilty if I do, while he sits there growling as he plays solitaire.....

I bet you are not the only one who feel guilty, I can play but my main is a BP and my friend is warlord and he cant connect, we farm like a duo loggin anothers supports but now , literally i cant play alone..

Archived