Connectivity Issues Update - 1/15

Hime

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I play (used to) from Argentina and I cannot connect to the game. I just can't pass the server selection screen.

Will this evolve beyond a "known issue" to be a "solved thing"? Because it was working on Monday. So you guys know exactly what has changed since then.

43 minutes ago, Zace said:

If you have problems getting in connect while using this https://hide.me/en/

After you get in you can just turn it off and it won't disconnect you from L2.

I have just tried it, it works, but when i turn it off it also disconnects me from l2.  Also with vpn on ping is huge xD

Did you do anything different so you can disconnect vpn and keep in game?

Updated today and now I can't get past server select, up until now I had been unaffected by the login issues. I tested a VPN(wtfast) and was able to login with it. Hopefully it doesn't get me banned though :ph34r:

Seems like an unusual time to run an event when so many people can't get into game...

And it's almost a full week that does not let me log in (except for a couple of hours on Monday when they "fixed" the problem). GG NCsoft a great job (?).
I'm not an expert, but take out a new update based on a damaged update (last week) equal to the same problem x2.
It was evident that the problem was going to persist if you could not even fix the damage to the previous patch.

10 hours ago, Krissa said:

You cannot be serious. It's not like every time you logged in you were assaulted with adena spammer bots. It's not like when you ran your class change quests you saw mobs occupying almost every location on the map.

You shouldn't try to cheat IRL. This kind of argument doesn't work against prosecutors or judges.

The only time there wasn't bots everywhere and spammers spamming was in closed beta prior to the wipe. Even then there were still bots found all over the world albeit at a much lower number than post wipe. The gold spammers somewhat amused me because I couldn't believe someone would be willing to spend real money for adena that was going to be wiped in a month or two. That's probably when I started to suspect that most of the gold sellers were just trying to get CC information. Once NCwest confirmed that no more wipes were coming people started busting out the bots.

Your second quote took my comment completely out of context removing 2/3rds of it...

4 hours ago, Lawman said:

Real players were botting/scripting to get ahead in the game because they could get away with it.  Had NCWest actively pursued botting/scripting and perma-banned every botter/scripter they found (no second chances, no 3-day or whatever bans; first time caught and perma-ban) that would have solved the problem.  The botters/scripters would have lost not only their botting character but all the characters on the account, including all their gear and adena.  NCWest was far too lenient.  

Now we have a different problem, though.  People are botting as a business to make money, not to advance in the game.  Now it is no big deal to the botters to get banned and roll new F2P characters.  For these businessmen, actively pursuing and perma-banning characters and accounts in a subscription-based game would kill their profits.  But that's not the model NCWest choose and we (and they) are stuck with the result. 

If xigncode3 does what I'm suggesting (looking on your computer to see what software you are running with the game and automatically perma-banning anyone using third party software) it must be doing a lousy job of it, since bots are still everywhere.  

Ncwest was actively pursuing bots then as they do now. There were plenty of "OMG I WAS UNFAIRLY BANNED" threads back then too. People cheated for a variety of reasons and I'm sure some did it because they thought they could get away with it. Some of those people ended up posting on the official forums crying about unfairly being banned.

Back then (the era I was talking about in the quote you posted of me) I know of no one that wasn't permanently banned for botting. The three day ban thing came much later (pretty sure that was post pay to play) and was a sort of forgiveness thing that occurred for a short period of time due to special circumstances.

People were botting as a business back in the pay to play era too. High end weapons, accounts and adena were regularly sold on ebay. I'm convinced that a lot of the adena spammers weren't actually selling adena and were just straight up stealing credit card information from the dupes. The delay in NCcoin purchase is due to fraud checks that were first implemented in the pay to play era in an attempt to somewhat slow down the botters who were using stolen CC information to buy game packages and to pay subs. By the time the fraud was discovered the botters would already have a load of adena and items to sell (transferred to safe accounts of course). You see this in all online games such as wow where gold selling sites would use 30 or so accounts to spell out their website by floating the characters in the air in every major city on every server.  That's thousands of accounts all of which were paid for via fraud.

Xigncode 3 does everything you said except ban people. It just closes down the offending programing and if that's not possible it'll close the L2 client. It most likely sends some kind of report to ncwest for further review.

EDIT : I think Xigncode 3 should NOT have the power to arbitrarily permanently ban people. It doesn't have the capability to fully analyze the situation at hand (would require advanced AI capability) and I'm glad a human element is introduced to review.

Well I tried signing in and nothing. that is after I had a patch sent to login. guess you all have no idea what is happening and to be honest it doesn't surprise me one bit. I will just wait a couple of days and try again. don't tell me to go to support either I have a ticket in and am hearing no more then I do here. they just send email that brings me back here.

4 hours ago, Jelly said:

I have just tried it, it works, but when i turn it off it also disconnects me from l2.  Also with vpn on ping is huge xD

Did you do anything different so you can disconnect vpn and keep in game?

Not sure how it works for me but all I do is slide it to off in the browser and it doesn't disconnect me.

4 hours ago, Katiyana said:

so u turn of and dont disconect? ok thats not true,but ty

Not sure what to tell you man, it worked for me. Today it gave me a little trouble I had to try few diff hosts until it worked, had to use German server. If I cared enough to prove it I would make a youtube video, but I'm just trying to help.

1 minute ago, Jelly said:

oh i used the software, ill try the browser one!

Make sure if it doesn't work that you try to select a different host because I had to try them all today before it finally worked. Yesterday it worked first try.

4 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Updated today and now I can't get past server select, up until now I had been unaffected by the login issues. I tested a VPN(wtfast) and was able to login with it. Hopefully it doesn't get me banned though :ph34r:

Seems like an unusual time to run an event when so many people can't get into game...

+1

Lots of ppl with connection problem and they try to solve? No, they MAKE A EVENT! hahahahaha They are perfect Genius!

3 hours ago, JoeTimbu said:

+1

Lots of ppl with connection problem and they try to solve? No, they MAKE A EVENT! hahahahaha They are perfect Genius!

Because it's not possible to pursue two things at once.  I'm all for calling out NCSoft when deserved, this isn't one of those times, though.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:40 PM, Hime said:

Hi all,

We had a brief period where we were hopeful the connectivity issue was resolved, and unfortunately, last night the issues resurfaced.

We are experiencing service interruptions on Lineage II. This is not caused by our servers--our servers are not failing, and are running normally. What's not normal is the amount of illegitimate traffic our servers are experiencing. That traffic is causing high latency, disconnections, and what many of you have already reported-- being unable to connect to our servers.

Our team has been working and will be continue to work on mitigating the illegitimate traffic, and unfortunately, you may continue to experience various effects of this issue. We understand this situation has not been the best, but please know we will be taking next steps to make up for the lost time our players has experienced.

Thank you for bearing with us. We'll post another update as soon as we have more.

The issue is, if i vpn to the other side of the US, i can get in fine. 

So im assuming the classic servers have multiple login servers?

19 minutes ago, Lifeburn said:

The issue is, if i vpn to the other side of the US, i can get in fine. 

So im assuming the classic servers have multiple login servers?

I think so.  They have servers in the time zones indicated in the server log in.  GMT -5 ect ect.

12 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

The only time there wasn't bots everywhere and spammers spamming was in closed beta prior to the wipe.

Oh, really? Which server was it after the wipe?

On Hindemith - and later on where it was being merged to - I got to 85/80/80/77 on my main pre-GoD pre-"truly free", and the bots did not really compete for my grinding spots. They were a huge market factor, sure, but it's not like they were stealing your mobs in every solo location (let alone the party ones).

Don't remember any gold spammer either since C4 and till the start of the "truly free".

12 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Your second quote took my comment completely out of context removing 2/3rds of it...

I don't like to overquote. If you forgot the context, you can always look it up.

If someone comes and acts as if he is defending the bots, it is a factor in decision whether the bots are associated with him or not. Not a single one, but still a factor. And a risk factor for being banned for botting/RMT.

Archived