Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 5 a.m. PST /  7 a.m. CST / 8 a.m. EST / 1400 GMT+1 will be unavailable for approximately 3 hour

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Chef Monkey’s Tuna Hunt will begin for four weeks.
  • Angel Cat is in-game in every town handing out buff items once per day for one week.

For additional information on the connectivity issues, please read here.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

1 minute ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 5 a.m. PST /  7 a.m. CST / 8 a.m. EST / 1400 GMT+1 will be unavailable for approximately 3 hour

With this maintenance:

• Angel Cat is in-game in every town handing out buff items once per day for one week.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

As many of us old Lineage 2 players have come to experience life, the bad news given nicely is very welcomed.  Now we know what we are experiencing and we can deal with it.  It is what it is . . . thanks and have a good evening.

53 minutes ago, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

Hime Darling when will be a week (or month) of free teleports? I want freedom of movement cuz I live in aden scared to use gatekeeper more than once x day! :D 

34 minutes ago, Thegrumpymuppett said:

so you start a event that requires you to be afk fishing instead of farming.. nice, very nice

PD:not nice at all

there is also "Santa like" buff again aka PoF and its 5 min this time.
Dont tell me its not nice at all.

Also can we get more info on the mysterious soulshots? are they just like general Soulshots but with decreased weight or they have Bonus dmg?

1 hour ago, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

This event minus the “5min” exp buff is absolutely useless. Way to begin the new year with nothing but issues. Maybe try doing something for the customers not screwing them. You didn’t even give it the big exp/sp bonus like the Christmas event. Then people wouldn’t be complaining as bad. But this useless event requires everybody to be afk. Lol way to fail yet again. @Hime @Juji you might as well give out adrenaline subscriptions for people to go afk exp then this useless shit. 

13 minutes ago, outlaw said:

there is also "Santa like" buff again aka PoF and its 5 min this time.
Dont tell me its not nice at all.

Also can we get more info on the mysterious soulshots? are they just like general Soulshots but with decreased weight or they have Bonus dmg?

@outlaw When you buy SS from the L2 Store it's called mysterious soulshots. It has a weight of 0 no bonus damage same as regular soulshot

https://ibb.co/GkfqjMG

https://ibb.co/GkfqjMG

2 hours ago, AgeOfDoom said:

Event for l2 store and VIP only good old ncwest.  Lets see how fast the servers will empty.

So what? You are playing "FREE TO PLAY" ofc there will be l2store events like this. Stop complaining. And we have coolest event last time. So what are you talking about

5 hours ago, AgeOfDoom said:

Event for l2 store and VIP only good old ncwest.  Lets see how fast the servers will empty.

I dont know if u expect a free event who handles free top d weaps or top c this time,that event for me was stupid.Unlike those with this one u will be able to farm much better with the 5mins buff that drops from monsters,only thing people will get from l2store is some afk fishing and some tunas where they could buy hmmmm, soulshots?Not big of a difference really,l2 classic still remains a notsopay2win server unlike chronos.I have experienced back there what it feels like p2w.*cough* dragon weaps *cough* in store lol.

11 hours ago, Alcione said:

Hime Darling when will be a week (or month) of free teleports? I want freedom of movement cuz I live in aden scared to use gatekeeper more than once x day! :D 

You are free for travel across the aden world on your foots.

7 hours ago, AgeOfDoom said:

yea, VIP players can get  Shots .  not sure if  u serious or trolling.

meanwhile u ignore the fact that there is 10% exp + PoF drop from monsters for everyone else.

whats wrong with u guys?

There's nothing wrong with the event. lol. If you have even an hour to xp you'll get more xp in that time (solo or group) than you would get from 12 hours of afk fishing. C'mon now..I don't see how ppl can complain over this when it's just you being lazy and wanting more in a classic server that is "supposed" to be hard. 

13 minutes ago, Godfall said:

There's nothing wrong with the event. lol. If you have even an hour to xp you'll get more xp in that time (solo or group) than you would get from 12 hours of afk fishing. C'mon now..I don't see how ppl can complain over this when it's just you being lazy and wanting more in a classic server that is "supposed" to be hard. 

I work in esports/gaming advertising and marketing and when your player base is falling off you schedule events/promotions that reward people for playing more often, not an afk function. We call this type of campaign a "re-engagement campaign". An AFK fishing event is a "disengagement campaign". This is a very simple concept.

all i can see is full drama, lineage2 comunity nowdays is kinda brainless.

if NCSOFT makes event people cry if they dont make people cry.

all i can see on this forum is full of drama and you guys should stop it or just quit.

Same bullshits happen on prrivate servers, same on official people just cry over and over again.

im a casual player work everyday 10-12 hours and still can have a hood 3-6 hours of play, atm im lvl 65 soon 66 playing everyday 3'6 hours... my low lvl farm char is a titan with full plate set and c shop weapon never RMT and never bought ssc or ssd from l2 store, the only things i bought was 50% rune and exp scrolls to keep same as people who play 10h + daily.

Stop cry guys!

Good job ncsoft for the event!

Archived