Looping Macros

@Juji @Hime Is there any chance of reconsidering the stance on Looping Macros being added to classic servers? Just curious because it seems the amount of botting happening is proving hard to stop and looping macros would basically equal the playing field for the rest of us who don't want to bot and lose our accounts. This isn't an OMG bot bot bot post, I know theres a limit to the amount of work support staff can do in their workdays, but the botting doesn't seem to be slowing down and its hard to keep up with people who are going 24/7.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mixa said:

rofl, someone wants to bot so hard, but afraid too lose account xDDD

There are looped macos on live, go play there.

Yeah 'cause they ban bots, suuure!
I keep finding around the guy i reported 3 monthes ago, maybe 4, sent video and screenshot...guess who's not banned yet?
Just be real, if you know how to "use it", you wont get banned. Even tho this guy was obviously botting 24/7, but i mean, as long as the antibot wont detect it, you're cool. 

I know it would feel at least somewhat fair for the rest but hell no.I remember in live when 80% was bots and other 20% was loop macro.I was literally searching for a farm spot and all spots were TAKEN from fingerless people and when i started complaining in say chat they all answered me its macro dude chill out.Why not make the whole game automatic like l2 revolution?We shouldnt even log in to play, let the game play itself dam ( i heard many have that looping macro though by auto clicking cursor programms whom arent considered botting)

On 1/20/2019 at 3:41 AM, xHaseo said:

Yeah 'cause they ban bots, suuure!
I keep finding around the guy i reported 3 monthes ago, maybe 4, sent video and screenshot...guess who's not banned yet?
Just be real, if you know how to "use it", you wont get banned. Even tho this guy was obviously botting 24/7, but i mean, as long as the antibot wont detect it, you're cool. 

The bot owners are smarter than the average Joe. Most nobs that bot have no idea what are they doing and get banned much more often than the bot trains.

The reason the community clamored for no looping macros is because we thought this would be a new clean server void of bots and RMT.  But no, it's actually rampant, and maybe even more noticeably than before because of the low pop.  Just turn it back on, it will make  the game last longer.

14 hours ago, Decayed said:

is it really step 1, I feel like a lot of steps have already been taken by NCSoft

While this is true, and given that this is an opinion topic, it is my belief that this is the single most critical point that will seal the deal for a lot (majority) of players. I for one had no idea that looping was going on in live (shows how long I have been out of the loop... xD) though, they take that to Classic and man..... it will just become what everyone is trying to avoid. Every room / zone filled with people afk, botting, or looping.

10 hours ago, November said:

While this is true, and given that this is an opinion topic, it is my belief that this is the single most critical point that will seal the deal for a lot (majority) of players. I for one had no idea that looping was going on in live (shows how long I have been out of the loop... xD) though, they take that to Classic and man..... it will just become what everyone is trying to avoid. Every room / zone filled with people afk, botting, or looping.

I was like you but then I realized the reality now is every room/zone is filled with people afk or botting.  Might as well add it to the game instead of making it a secretive 3rd party thing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Decayed said:

I was like you but then I realized the reality now is every room/zone is filled with people afk or botting.  Might as well add it to the game instead of making it a secretive 3rd party thing.  

Please don't surrender.  If you want to do that, just make botting legal.  Then everyone who wants to bot can do so and everyone who wants to actually play the game will go elsewhere.  And, hopefully, the bot and/or loop filled servers will died a much deserved quick death.

On 1/29/2019 at 4:47 AM, November said:

You didn't know what it was, that it was implemented on Live, and you've never used it.  And you have this strong of a feeling about it?

22 hours ago, BadCrab said:

You didn't know what it was, that it was implemented on Live, and you've never used it.  And you have this strong of a feeling about it?

So... I have never shot myself in the foot either, and I have a strong feeling that I wouldn't be happy about it, if I did.

2 hours ago, November said:

So... I have never shot myself in the foot either, and I have a strong feeling that I wouldn't be happy about it, if I did.

That is not a fair comparison, and you know it.   People dreading the take-over of Loopers is absolutely ridiculous when the same fields are currently taken by full time bot parties. Get your priorities straight.

1 hour ago, BadCrab said:

That is not a fair comparison, and you know it.   People dreading the take-over of Loopers is absolutely ridiculous when the same fields are currently taken by full time bot parties. Get your priorities straight.

My point in short was, I don't need to experience something to know my personal preference on a topic. That's like saying you don't know if you like something till you try it (something I don't agree with). To me a looper is only marginally different from a botter, so marginally that, I would classify it as botting. Why is it a problem for people to push their own buttons? Why are people looking for something else to play the game for them? Why would you even want to play a game... if what you are looking to do is have a program play for you? What joy do you get? What value does it add? Why not .... watch a movie? Do something else?

To me when someone says I want to loop, what it really means is that I want to be able to pay very little to no attention to the game, get decent progression, and when required do stuff. 

To me when someone says I want to bot, what it really means is that I want to be able to pay no attention to the game, get decent progression, and when I chose to do stuff, I am able to.

To me when someone says I want to play a game, what it really means is that I want to be able to devote a large portion of my time and attention to this game. Meaning that I am actively partaking in whats going on in the game.

So what are people dreading, well.... What it seems like I am dreading is walking out into the world and seeing people who are looping for hours on end, mixed with people botting hours on end, and when a live person wants to go out into the world and do something that have to do with what are basically just bots looping or botting in fields where they would like their friends to hunt for a common objective. So yeah, I have an issue with looping, I hope I was able to clarify it for ya, also there are more comparisons I could give ya that you would just say are unfair as well. Next time, try adding to the conversation. Thanks and happy hunting.

• 3 months later...

The macro let's you watch a movie while your character grinds.

When you're not macro, you can do fun things in game like pvp.

Maybe macro xp means more pvp, means more fun now since people can make xp back easier.

To make lv80+ you have to macro or you will never level and never see end game content.

i saw a ton of loopers today, in the lowbie zones, and lots of corpses, with their lone boxes mourning the dead.

most people can't scramble together a half decent macro that runs for longer than 10 minutes without getting them killed, because this system is so simplistic, you have no real options and zero failsafe.

i suspect what you encountered were bots. adrenaline lets you bot 24/7 without fail. no death, no getting stuck, no downtimes while waiting for respawn, no running across the continent.

the loop macros are harmless in comparison. you can't really be completely afk for long, unless you bring a party to kill solo mobs... which is actually happening, but that's on the known issues list (running more than 3 clients).