Producer's Letter - January 2019

Hime

@Juji atm we need more then a few words about bots in a letter. Its not a long term resolution but how hard can it be for a GM to log a few hours per day and clean the bots? I wasted 1 hour yesterday training mobs into bots so that i could have my farming spot.. This is becoming unreal :/

On 1/19/2019 at 8:36 AM, KDN said:

nor did they manage to fix the problems that exist in this update already want to put another

They just want to make up all staff mistakes. Currently server situation is all fault of Ncsoft staff and lack of testing of their software. Not to mention that all these bugs were discovered by players. Staff did not take required action on time to stop the situation. Regardless if those players get past 70 playing legit of not, the fact is that situation shouldn't had happen in the first place. If the new hunting zones are level 75+, that would just create a huge gap with average player base just wouldn't be able to compete anymore. We will see third class parties at launch.

Thanks Ncsoft to mess one more time, what would have been such a great game!.

New Antibot Automatic system? mmm I wonder : "is it going to be the one which will BAN legit players even more often than it is now". Cause of claims that "They" might have been using 3rd software ^^ . If u want to really tackle Boting system. Open a new Vacancy for 1 GM , which could daily log for few hours. Inspect all bot reports , teleport to chars and if Boting confirmed = BAN. The more Bots with good eq will get banned , the less they will be eager to go Bot on higher party zones. 

On 1/19/2019 at 1:01 AM, ShadowMaster said:

It's all well good about the 3rd class quests and all, but you guys said the lvl would cap out at 70 and there's currently a few lvl 76s from what I understand so how is that fair that those guys will be able to do the 3rd class quest right away and take over the servers.  It's dumb that you guys didn't stop the lvling progress of those that have BOTTED their way up to where they are now, there's NO way that someone can be on 24/7 lvling and that's the only way that there could be lvl 75 or 76 players in the game right now.  You really need to look at those accounts that are that high and either roll back their XP or ban them all together because of what they did to get that high.

Yes just because u can't keep up in lvling all those people who managed to get higher than u should have their levels taken away from them. Are you really this dumb that you think they'll take levels from people or was just that a dumb idea from desperation. You don't seem to realize how long it takes for 1 level at that point. They screwed 55+ people a few weeks ago with that angel cat blessing crap that can of course also be taken by people who weren't 55+ before the patch. Gludio for example a new server and there are already a few 65+ people and they don't bot.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:26 PM, Hime said:

Hi all,

Juji has a prepared a producer's letter for everybody to read. We've reviewed the past year and are looking forward to what's coming this year.

https://www.lineage2.com/news/producers-letter-january-2019

Thanks for the letter. 
I am glad to see clan halls, siege, and 3rd class transfer. However the events, remove the cash shop from being what an event is about. 

Having events take a cash shop item, I can't give a pass on. (As well as many others.)
As I see it, the game is in a major decline, and NCSoft is currently trying to "bank" on this months event.

On 18/01/2019 at 9:26 PM, Hime said:

Hi all,

Juji has a prepared a producer's letter for everybody to read. We've reviewed the past year and are looking forward to what's coming this year.

https://www.lineage2.com/news/producers-letter-january-2019

Thanks Juji and Hime for your feedback.

Two things that really bother me: bots (witch is a endless work) and the rate, actually really low comparate with selk.   

Lineage classic is already hard, even I understand it is a F2P model, this rate like 0.5x really smach the casual players.

Regards.

Hi, when are you planning to create a search system to know the drop / spoil probability/ quantity of an item?

Do not you feel ashamed that illegal servers or the official servers of EUROPE / RUSSIA / KOREA are concerned about giving this type of information?

On 1/19/2019 at 8:13 AM, KlausMorgan said:

spoil issue?  adena drop?   nothing.     but!!! we will give you a rune system via our shop xD  good news. 

thus begins the pay to win on classic servers.  GG @NcsoftFTW, don't fix what's broken, just make new ways to line your pockets.  how about some effort to get rid of the bots and make the game tolerable?  and we're going to get all excited about this?  give us some news that you're doing something productive. interact with us more than canned copy/paste messages and whoop-di-doo letters.  thanks.. hope to hear more from you soon NCSoft.

On 20.01.2019 at 2:45 PM, BenBen said:

@Hime @Juji Will there be a server transfer option, many of us would like to transfer off TI to a server which is more balanced.

transfer costs 50€ and can be done on toons that are lvl 40+ and have completed 2nd class transfer.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, Userbaer said:

i wonder why you guys always mention hime or juji in your post, they dont answer or care.

Because they sometimes (not nearly often enough!) do answer.  And they do care.  They have to.  Their jobs depend on the success of their games.  I think the problem is that they do not see themselves the way we see them.  We (or at least I) see them both as a communications channel between the company and the players and as the players' advocates (really the only advocates we have) within the company.  Perhaps they would agree, but they likely have many other responsibilities within the company and see this as a relatively minor part of their jobs.  They certainly do a dreadful (and dreadfully inaccurate!) job of communicating with us and, likely, a poor job of advocating for the players.  But it's not because they don't care.

One other point.  To the extent they are responsible for testing the product they are doing an even worse job of that.  Whoever is responsible for quality control should have been fired long ago.

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived