Producer's Letter - January 2019

Hime

Interesting would be to know why the Lineage II Live forum is not being updated about the connection issues as well as Classic.

Salvation Chapter was not a great update and Fafurion wont be also, because dev team is not hearing the player's community. (https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/414-salvation-first-chapter-feedback/)

Since the Conquero declaration at the end of 2017 we don't have a consistent schedule of free events. There is no good rotation of "events".

Cloak event, Jewel event, Freya Stick event, Freya Bag event, Circlet event, Fortune Card event, Dragon Shirt event [...] every "event" we need to pay to participate [I miss you Carrot *true* event]
The PVE guy's cant farm nothing, because all instance are nerfed.
The PVP guy's  dont have stuff's to do also, because a lot of players quitted.
Then day by day the game become boring.

6 hours ago, LastZ said:

I think low level instances drop was increased. I was testing this with full drop runes boost and without. It's almost the same. But, at the same time, loot from that instances is absolutely useless for most players. I am surprised that some people still do quests at the CC/BAY. The reward for these quests absolutely does not match the realities of the game and the time spent.

Its good news that the "producer" wrote a direct letter to the community, concerning the "blast from the past" and the "future". 

What concerns me though is this: WHY did he wrote that letter? What's his purpose?

Trully, it's encouraging to know that the servers still have future BUT... you people don't hear a thing...

Most players left, and what is going on, regarding the events, is that in the end of the day, we need money to play.

2-3 free events for all players with low possibilities to win the great item though, as with the p2w, but mostly, P2W.

People have left from live servers, gone to classic, then left from there, and i dont say that out of my mind, i see the server status, now and then.

So, how LineageII, a game we all love, since we are still playing, is going to revive itself? Most people do quit from the very 1st day since they cant even get close the high-gear people, not even close to be able to suit up after level 85.

As it concerns me, i would like a more precise letter about the server are going to be ALIVE again and in the situation they are now. FFS, we cant even make a daily pt.

NO PPL AROUND!!! OPEN UR EYES!!!!

Thank u for ur time and i hope for better days...

6 hours ago, TeraPatrick said:

Its good news that the "producer" wrote a direct letter to the community, concerning the "blast from the past" and the "future". 

What concerns me though is this: WHY did he wrote that letter? What's his purpose?

Trully, it's encouraging to know that the servers still have future BUT... you people don't hear a thing...

Most players left, and what is going on, regarding the events, is that in the end of the day, we need money to play.

2-3 free events for all players with low possibilities to win the great item though, as with the p2w, but mostly, P2W.

People have left from live servers, gone to classic, then left from there, and i dont say that out of my mind, i see the server status, now and then.

So, how LineageII, a game we all love, since we are still playing, is going to revive itself? Most people do quit from the very 1st day since they cant even get close the high-gear people, not even close to be able to suit up after level 85.

As it concerns me, i would like a more precise letter about the server are going to be ALIVE again and in the situation they are now. FFS, we cant even make a daily pt.

NO PPL AROUND!!! OPEN UR EYES!!!!

Thank u for ur time and i hope for better days...

The live servers are a lost cause for years, now. And that is not only NCsoft's fault. EU/RU servers have the same problem and probably it's the same on asian official servers: you do need money to play. The amount of content available right now puts a HUGE gap between a "normal/casual" player and people who either play 16h a day or can spend 1000 dollars every 2 months on the game.
On one side, I have to understand that this game is made by a company, and the company wants revenue. It might not matter to them that this revenue is generated by 100 or 1000 people, if the revenue is the same ( hence the price on the items, and all of them are based on chance, so you might end up spending more than you think). On the other side, the content is very attractive, and if everbody could have the same items, maybe people would feel more encouraged to play the live servers...but that creates whole new problems.

The classic servers are a new breath into the Lineage 2 franchise and has the power to bring back everybody who quit the live servers but are still interested in playing the game. As I see, NCWest made some mistakes handling their classic servers, but they also got a lot of things right and are showing that they are working towards improving. 

I sincerely hope that they can make more rights than wrongs until they can catch up on the content ( really use the correct client with all the functionalities) of the versions, and whoever stick around shall have a lot of fun in the process.

Here is to hoping that they can keep the Classic servers clean ( no items/loot boxes on the l2 store, and ideally no tradeable items from it too), because the live servers will surely be going under until the next year.

5 hours ago, lKrauz said:

Less Events p2w and more events in which everyone can participate without spending so much money and filling the pocket of these guys.

And how you will fill the gap between one 30k $ char that hit with 1b dmg and the one that play honest with out the visa scam option on?

On 1/18/2019 at 6:05 PM, LastZ said:

The PVP guy's  dont have stuff's to do also, because a lot of players quitted.
Then day by day the game become boring.

The fact instances existed in the first place ruined lineage2's appeal of being an open world free for all pvp game ..   PERIOD .

i'm guessing like alot of people im going back to PVP in eve online or some other title where real hardcore PVP exists and developers aren't cattering to bots and RMT ,  and continue making my own hardcore pvp title with some other devs and hardcore pvp fanatics i've met through the years.

Thank you very much for the letter Juji and Hime.  That is very nice, and very hopeful.  I must say, that has to be one of the nicest and most professional update notes that I've seen in the nearly 15 years that we've been playing L2 (I started back in May of 2004, but had several breaks for military, including a long break for almost 5 years during which the new login system occurred, and where I couldn't get to internet).

I'm hoping that we can bring back some of the events (Dragon shirt enchants, bracelet augments, artifact fragments) at much reduced cost [or available in the store much cheaper] so other players/classes, and especially some of the newer classes, can access higher levels of play a little easier - to help keep the players we have and attract new players (and not have them leave a few weeks/months after playing L2).

As much as I complain, this truly is an amazing game, with amazing content, social structure, graphics, game play, and story line. There is nothing quite like it out there (and I've looked a lot over the past 15 years).  We do really need help with the economy - and sometimes that really just does mean to keep the P2W even minimized (like now), and if we have them - to make content more accessible.

Thank you both Juji and Hime for all you and your teams do.  Although you probably don't hear it often, we do really appreciate all your work and this wonderful world of Lineage 2 that you all create and work to improve every day.

- Raistlin

7 hours ago, Hime said:

That is some really bad luck. I can't offer much, but how about another Fortune Reading Ticket on the house? Let me know your character name and server.

Greetings ! 

I have more than x5 pantheon stage 8 in one round x16 tickets, but not any proof to show.Funny thing this item is totally useless (cannot be sold in grocery,market is full of them, and we can't even combine to stage 9! ! !)

I'm pretty sure there are more people out there with the same "luck" . Shall we deserve another free round too @Hime  ? There's nothing else i can say.

@Vicros hope u better luck next time mate, less gamble sometimes is safer :)

Cheers

Hi back soon, LF alliance and so on in Talking Server xd. Not recruting. :D. btw nice to see Jujis around instead those others I DONT EVEN REMEMBER Their nicks.  

some useless people around still here as i can see, Sad. PD: After several years i noticed i always get banned for telling thing in this forum, is posible to avoid that due im Asperger? xD is something like against the human rights.. xd. I can avoid to hurt some ppl feelings. 

On 19/1/2019 at 8:01 AM, Diver said:

Hura is a new dragon. It is a pity that 90% of the server has never seen the old ones because they are being farmed by the same people. But I'm always happy about the news. Connection repaired, go get some sleepy guys :)

Very much agreed!!! To add to that here's a suggestion for NCSOFT: Why dont you put a maximum number of farming the dragons per clan or player??? Similar to what you did with clan quests. This would be a fair play for every person on the server inmho. Thank you for listening.

I think it's time to turn off the servers .The only way to get back to the interesting game is to listen to your community, but they do not do it because the idea is not to reactivate the server .since I've been here I've heard the same thing over and over again, I think they're liars..Do not think too much, many users make good contributions and even then they have come to this.

On 2019. 01. 19. at 12:27 AM, Hime said:

Hi all,

Juji has a prepared a producer's letter for everybody to read. We've reviewed the past year and are looking forward to what's coming this year.

https://www.lineage2.com/news/producers-letter-january-2019

you know what i want to see? :)
Different on RB Drops, between no Drop Rune, and with Drop Rune, and 1 more thing, all Field RB farmer who also RMTing, get banned even if they pay half RMT Money to NCSoft.

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived