Jump to content
Forums

Super Bowl Sunday sieges


Recommended Posts

I know nothing is set in stone and the chance of sieges actually being released this week (end of january) is pretty slim, but who's bright idea was it to launch them on Super Bowl Sunday?  This is an NA game and that's one of the most watched US television broadcasts.

Like, wtf?  @Juji@Hime  Whoever even came up with this plan should be fired for ineptitude.  

I'd personally rather have it delayed another week.  I realize a lot of mouthbreathers on here do not care for sports, but there are some of us nostril breathers that do.  Thank you.

Post if you agree or if you don't agree you can tell me why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Decayed said:

I know nothing is set in stone and the chance of sieges actually being released this week (end of january) is pretty slim, but who's bright idea was it to launch them on Super Bowl Sunday?  This is an NA game and that's one of the most watched US television broadcasts.

Like, wtf?  @Juji@Hime  Whoever even came up with this plan should be fired for ineptitude.  

I'd personally rather have it delayed another week.  I realize a lot of mouthbreathers on here do not care for sports, but there are some of us nostril breathers that do.  Thank you.

Post if you agree or if you don't agree you can tell me why.

im 99% sure  1st sieges will be next weekend . nothing to worry imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, zzzzzzzz said:

im 99% sure  1st sieges will be next weekend . nothing to worry imo

If you mean "next weekend" as this coming weekend, Feb 2, then that is Superbowl Sunday.. To me, it makes the most sense (at this point), to release clan halls this week, then do first siege Sunday Feb 9.. 

 

But no one listens to me..

53 minutes ago, Decayed said:

Like, wtf?  @Juji@Hime  Whoever even came up with this plan should be fired for ineptitude.  

I'd personally rather have it delayed another week.  I realize a lot of mouthbreathers on here do not care for sports, but there are some of us nostril breathers that do.  Thank you.

Your first point is either well-taken or could argue that two people alone can't run this clusterbleep that has been Lineage II Classic.

Your second point made me lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qtpi said:

If you mean "next weekend" as this coming weekend, Feb 2, then that is Superbowl Sunday.. To me, it makes the most sense (at this point), to release clan halls this week, then do first siege Sunday Feb 9.. 

 

But no one listens to me..

Your first point is either well-taken or could argue that two people alone can't run this clusterbleep that has been Lineage II Classic.

Your second point made me lol

Yeah I don't know what he meant by next weekend. He's probably one of those people that say next friday, but in fact mean this friday.

Yeah i agree, clusterbleep.  I think it's more than two people.  Probably 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Decayed said:

Yeah I don't know what he meant by next weekend. He's probably one of those people that say next friday, but in fact mean this friday.

Yeah i agree, clusterbleep.  I think it's more than two people.  Probably 3.

So it will most likely be on ur Superball weekend or w/e its called

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the 80% of NA that don't watch superbowl might want to siege Gludio? If there is any question to be drawn from this then it really has to be why would a games company schedule content around a sporting event? They wouldn't would they snorty mcsnorty.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TDG said:

Because the 80% of NA that don't watch superbowl might want to siege Gludio? If there is any question to be drawn from this then it really has to be why would a games company schedule content around a sporting event? They wouldn't would they snorty mcsnorty.

the 80% of NA not watching the superbowl aren't watching simply cuz they don't have televisions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Decayed said:

Right, and they probably don't own computers either.  Nor do they play L2.

 

Try again you dirty mouth breather.  You including kids under 8 years old too?  Wonderful logic.

The wonderful logic is you thinking a games company should schedule content around a sporting event xDxDxD this is just another topic with someone (you) whining because you can't have something your way and have a go at NCsoft for it, make your choice video game or sporting event, not hard! Maybe think outside the box bro, put your TV near your PC and do both, that's if you can multitask anyway - I see that your apparently only able to "nose breathe." do both, profit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any company in their right mind would schedule their event around the Superbowl.  In fact, the smartest thing NCsoft could EVER do would be run a commercial during the Superbowl.  It would of made more sense to do it on Christmas then this Sunday.  Just because you aren't into it, doesn't mean 90% of NA isn't.  Most people will be at parties, not sitting in front of a PC.  From a business perspective, it is just another completely incompetent idea to have it on that date.  ASSUMING it really is, god forbid we hear anything from the admins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, TDG said:

Because the 80% of NA that don't watch superbowl might want to siege Gludio? If there is any question to be drawn from this then it really has to be why would a games company schedule content around a sporting event? They wouldn't would they snorty mcsnorty.

Just throwing this out there

states that 111 million Americans watch the superbowl.

Toss this there too.

States we have about 328 million Americans

soo some simple math come up to about a third.

Some more fun facts

Average amount of play time pergame is 12 minutes and 8 seconds.

I understand that not all of these are 100% nor flawless averages, though they do provide an idea.

I for one, will not be wasting my time watching it. If anything I will record it, and watch it later. 

Edit: the only thing relevant is how many players that play and watch the superbowl whom will have to compromise (watching vs playing). I believe you will find that a very, very small percentage will be affected. 

Edited by November
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, November said:

 

Just throwing this out there

states that 111 million Americans watch the superbowl.

Toss this there too.

States we have about 328 million Americans

soo some simple math come up to about a third.

Some more fun facts

Average amount of play time pergame is 12 minutes and 8 seconds.

I understand that not all of these are 100% nor flawless averages, though they do provide an idea.

I for one, will not be wasting my time watching it. If anything I will record it, and watch it later. 

Edit: the only thing relevant is how many players that play and watch the superbowl whom will have to compromise (watching vs playing). I believe you will find that a very, very small percentage will be affected. 

I had 500million population from somewhere ha, even so 66% is the majority.

That's what it boils down to that very very few players are going to have to make a choice between a game and the game, this is further watered down by the fact that L2C NA playerbase is far from 100% NA players :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, November said:

 

Just throwing this out there

states that 111 million Americans watch the superbowl.

Toss this there too.

States we have about 328 million Americans

soo some simple math come up to about a third.

Some more fun facts

Average amount of play time pergame is 12 minutes and 8 seconds.

I understand that not all of these are 100% nor flawless averages, though they do provide an idea.

I for one, will not be wasting my time watching it. If anything I will record it, and watch it later. 

Edit: the only thing relevant is how many players that play and watch the superbowl whom will have to compromise (watching vs playing). I believe you will find that a very, very small percentage will be affected. 

Based on Global chat, I would assume that this server is more Latin than NA.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TDG said:

The wonderful logic is you thinking a games company should schedule content around a sporting event xDxDxD this is just another topic with someone (you) whining because you can't have something your way and have a go at NCsoft for it, make your choice video game or sporting event, not hard! Maybe think outside the box bro, put your TV near your PC and do both, that's if you can multitask anyway - I see that your apparently only able to "nose breathe." do both, profit.

If you are actually watching TV while siege, I hope you are on the opponents side, because you will get picked off very easily.

But Degus is 100% correct. This is not a matter of whining; rather it's just another example of NCSofts alleged incompetence. Now, we don't actually know when the siege will be, so it is merely speculation. But so far every argument against the OP's complaint has been essentially "we aren't american" or "we dont like sports".... Not a good argument.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is exhausting. It's a seige schedule, and if you miss it for the yearly superbowl then you'll have another shot at it in 2 weeks. 

Not a difficult decision for me - watch the superbowl if you've got the intention of doing so. Don't be bent out of shape because this online gaming event happens to coincide with aa real-world gaming event. 

It is not about negligence or incompetence from NC soft. Do you complain this much when there is a siege during the World Olympics, the world cup? Of course you will, because it forces a re prioritization of life. 

Decide today - what's more important to you, this game or your life. Enjoy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TDG said:

The wonderful logic is you thinking a games company should schedule content around a sporting event xDxDxD this is just another topic with someone (you) whining because you can't have something your way and have a go at NCsoft for it, make your choice video game or sporting event, not hard! Maybe think outside the box bro, put your TV near your PC and do both, that's if you can multitask anyway - I see that your apparently only able to "nose breathe." do both, profit.

I didn't say they should schedule around it.  If it was already in the game, then so be it.  But to actually coincide a launch with a popular event is ludicrous.  It could be the World Cup final, or Olympic closing ceremony.  It's hard to say cause no other major sporting event has a 1 day spike (imo).  My point still stands.  It's a sloppy business decision.  

I am obviously gonna choose to watch, but I have every right to an opinion as you have a right to breathe heavily into the mic while eating potato chips.  Or whatever snack you prefer.  No judgment here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, November said:

 

Just throwing this out there

states that 111 million Americans watch the superbowl.

Toss this there too.

States we have about 328 million Americans

soo some simple math come up to about a third.

Some more fun facts

Average amount of play time pergame is 12 minutes and 8 seconds.

I understand that not all of these are 100% nor flawless averages, though they do provide an idea.

I for one, will not be wasting my time watching it. If anything I will record it, and watch it later. 

Edit: the only thing relevant is how many players that play and watch the superbowl whom will have to compromise (watching vs playing). I believe you will find that a very, very small percentage will be affected. 

This doesn't really work, cause a lot of people don't watch any television, or own a television or own a pc.  To try to compare ratios of other technological cross sections and try to relate it is pretty fallacious.  Might as well point out a bunch of other unrelated facts, like how many people eat pizza and how many people have traveled into space.  There are so many other variables, it's not even worth mentioning.  But good job of showing why you don't understand basic product development.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 2:46 PM, Decayed said:

I know nothing is set in stone and the chance of sieges actually being released this week (end of january) is pretty slim, but who's bright idea was it to launch them on Super Bowl Sunday?  This is an NA game and that's one of the most watched US television broadcasts.

Like, wtf?  @Juji@Hime  Whoever even came up with this plan should be fired for ineptitude.  

I'd personally rather have it delayed another week.  I realize a lot of mouthbreathers on here do not care for sports, but there are some of us nostril breathers that do.  Thank you.

Post if you agree or if you don't agree you can tell me why.

lmao postpone sieges cus of a sportsball event, you gotta be kidding me man. That's some next level entitlement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...