Newbie questions

Mifune

First and most important question- is it worth to start playing here? I was playing on Skelth some time ago, but number of online players was killing me and i stopped. I saw online here and it's pretty nice, but i've heard that there is a lot of bots.

Second question- which server is best choice for new player?

Third one- is it a place for a casual player, who can play 1-3h a day (a little bit more on the weekend). Is it necessary to spent money for VIP? I don't say that i wouldn't do that, but at the beginning i want to test it for free to avoid wasting money.

Fourth question- any good tips for beginner? I made 1 char for little test and i see there is no quest for newbie soulshots in orc village, or do i receive it in some other quest?  

1. Bots are always going to be a thing, it's not as rampant as some drama queens claiming they can't even find a mob to kill in hours, as levels grow bots decrease, worst is up to about 35 zones.
2. Check time zones, Aden and Gludio are quieter servers though.
3. Don't see why not I'm playing an hour-ish a day and doing half a level mid 30's with no VIP currently active.
4. Talk to the guide NPC or whatever hes called at spawn point, get the blue gem, talk again and you get a few SS, follow quest chain and you'll get a weapon, armour, last part of the quest which is about level 17 is repeatable 3 times for 1K SS and 100 HP pots each turn in or something like that off top of my head. 1-20 is a doddle really.

Super important: Box a buffer, don't be that guy that wants classic to be all about finding random parties back in the day, especially joining late on, you will categorically need a buffer, or if your main is a buffer, box a DPS char or you are going to suffer and quit really fast.

28 minutes ago, TDG said:

1. Bots are always going to be a thing, it's not as rampant as some drama queens claiming they can't even find a mob to kill in hours, as levels grow bots decrease, worst is up to about 35 zones.
2. Check time zones, Aden and Gludio are quieter servers though.
3. Don't see why not I'm playing an hour-ish a day and doing half a level mid 30's with no VIP currently active.
4. Talk to the guide NPC or whatever hes called at spawn point, get the blue gem, talk again and you get a few SS, follow quest chain and you'll get a weapon, armour, last part of the quest which is about level 17 is repeatable 3 times for 1K SS and 100 HP pots each turn in or something like that off top of my head. 1-20 is a doddle really.

Super important: Box a buffer, don't be that guy that wants classic to be all about finding random parties back in the day, especially joining late on, you will categorically need a buffer, or if your main is a buffer, box a DPS char or you are going to suffer and quit really fast.

1. I've read on forum a lot of negative feedbacks about amount of bots, so i would like to check it at first. Good to know.

2. I made test char on Giran, because it's gmt+1 and i'm Pole. Also i see that's most populated server. It was a riddle for me, because i tought about starting at some more fresh server, but Giran also started in last year, am i right? Also i see a lot of new chars starting, so it's next pro.

4. Yeah, this i made this beginnig 'quest' for ss, but i almost ran out of it. I remember that in any starting location there was quest at 6lvl for shots. I don't see it here, but i tought maybe there is some other way to get free shots at beginning. Especially that i'm low on adena and i see that i will have to buy it before getting to 17lvl and quest You mentioned. 

Yeah, i know what do You mean, i was playing as main WC on Skelth without any box dd. Solo almost impossible, random pt doesn't exist, not enough time for cp. I'm planning to make duo craft+wc. I will play on my own speed, without rushing.

1 hour ago, TDG said:

I am super interested in this. How do you get half a level at mid 30's? At lvl 29 I hardly make a 10% (I think).

What is your char? Do you have a buffer? What is your gear and where do you xp?

1 hour ago, Tzeo said:

I am super interested in this. How do you get half a level at mid 30's? At lvl 29 I hardly make a 10% (I think).

What is your char? Do you have a buffer? What is your gear and where do you xp?

Forgotten temple one of the side rooms water side, it spawns ritmal swordsman, undine lakin, lizardmen scouts, about 8 mobs in total iirc, has small room off end with 2 more, once clear there is time to pull mobs from the main corridoor room if nobody is is exping there.

Elven scout, buffs are out of party EE buffs(lol) haste pot, vamp stew, cursed maingauche, elven jewl set, manticore set.

Archived