ADENA SELLERS SPAM

HydroPwnic

1 hour ago, orc1 said:

[A wonderful wall of text.  Read it for yourself.]

Your comments are well made and thoughtful.  They deserve a thoughtful response.  I agree with much of what you said, but not all of it.

1.  Yes, NCWest makes money from the bots as I explained in an earlier post.  But they do not have to cheat their own customers to do this.  You acknowledge that in your first point.  Still, you are contending they are part of a massive scheme to make money by cheating their customers while hiding their profits from the government to avoid taxation. And, to avoid taxes, they are allowing their game to be overrun by bots that wouldn't be there if they simply sold adena in the L2Store.  Do you really believe that, just based on the fact they don't do all they can to get rid of bots?   

2.  No NDA in the world is enforceable when what is disclosed is illegal behavior like tax evasion.  No employee would be stopped from blowing the whistle by an NDA.  After reading the messages from some of those disgruntled employees I didn't get the impression they cared a whit about NDAs, given the inside information they did share.  And not one said, "Gee, I'd tell you more about what NCWest does but I'm blocked by an NDA."  Nor would blowing the whistle block them from employment with other companies, unless you believe that all the other companies are crooked as well.  All honest companies would welcome someone who exposed dishonest behavior in a competitor.  I know that back when I was responsible for hiring people in what was then called data processing, I would have hired such a person in a heartbeat.    

3.  I'm worse than you, in a way.  I knew 100% certain that Classic wouldn't be any different from the first day they announced that it would be F2P/P2W.  But I was dumb enough to buy several VIP4s in the hopes the game would be enjoyable anyway.  It wasn't, so I left months ago for Skelth.  The game experience I've had there has been much more enjoyable than my experience here.  Yet I keep in touch here, hoping to see improvement.  After all, North America is my home and I would love to be able to enjoy playing on my home servers.

Thanks for writing.  

5 hours ago, Krissa said:

What are you talking about?

And if I don't, then...?

Or do you think that if people steal from you, sell stolen goods and don't pay taxes, you are guilty of their tax evasion?

So, Verizon Fios, for example, is "some shitty ISP in a 3rd world country", and their customers do not deserve to be customers of NCsoft?

Well I did not said that ncsoft is guilt. But on the other hand when you know something is happening but you don't tell a shit you are considered accomplice and it's stated by law.

As for the ISP - actually YES they are shitty isp. Larger the company goes then lower the quality of service goes.

On 2/19/2019 at 7:27 PM, Lawman said:

Authority is an odd concept when proving a negative.  But think about it.  First, there are many disgruntled employees of NCWest (someone recently posted a link to a collection of them) and none of them have claimed RMTs and NCWest are in cahoots.  Surely they would have blown the whistle if there was such a collaboration.  Second, NCWest has no need for such a collaboration.  If they want to they can make adena out of thin air and then either RMT it themselves or sell it in the L2Store.  They don't need bots or RMTs to do that for them.

i do accept your logic on this point. yes, they can summon adena.  however, is it a possibility that ncsoft is accepting royalties from the adena sellers thereby giving their bots immunity in the fields and adena sellers immunity in the villages?  if this is the case, and i believe it is a possible scenario, this makes ncsoft just as complicit in the botting as the RMTers are.

Presumably they are not more proactive because taking proactive steps like putting GMs in game would cost more money that they are willing to spend.  It is also likely that they are afraid that they will lose money from those botters who bot and script to get ahead in the game and pay large sums of money both for VIP status and for items from the L2Store.  That does not mean they are in cahoots with the botters or that they are incompetent.  It just means that they have made the financial calculation that they lose more money by working hard to get rid of bots than they do by being lax in their enforcement.  Or, to put the same thing differently, they will gain more money from the bots than they would otherwise gain from those who are leaving because of the bots.  

another way to look at this is all the VIP accounts that have been abandoned because of NCSoft's lack of aggressive proaction.  they are concerned about the cost of wages for in-game GM's yet their script detection programs continue to fail time and again.  bots overpopulate the servers, real players quit the game because they can't advance because of the bots.  how does this promote NCSoft's fiscal health?  the average player does not spend hundreds of dollars per month in the game, it's rather more like an average of, let's say, 50$.  but figure 1000 people paying 50$ per month leave in disgust, that's 50,000$$ per month NCSoft is losing.  being lazy and incompetent isn't a good enough excuse for them to lose that kind of money. that would more than pay for in-game GM's to ban the bots.  granted i'm not up close and personal with NCSoft's financial policies but this one tiny tidbit makes total sense to me. get rid of the bots by whatever means necessary and keep your real live players... this is much more profitable.

We don't have to like bots.  I know I don't and I left these servers in part because of bots.  But there is no need for wild conspiracy theories or claims of incompetence to explain why the bots still exist.

sane, rational people absolutely detest bots. they are not just NCSoft's problem, they are everyone's problem.. everyone who chooses to play these bot infested servers.  as for conspiracy theories and claims of incompetence.. well.....  conspiracy theories are not always wrong and NCSoft's incompetence has been proven for the past 15 years.

cheers!

On 2/20/2019 at 12:44 PM, orc1 said:

For all the people thinking that NCSoft doesn't make money from bots, I have to inform you that you are somewhat delusional or a hopeless believer in truth and justice.

I have to inform you that you chose a very unproductive way of starting an argument.

(a wall of "guilt by association" text skipped, thank you very much. Did you really think it was worth typing?)

On 2/20/2019 at 12:44 PM, orc1 said:

And third and last, for those pulling the "unhappy employee would have blown the whistle by now". That will never happen and if you think otherwise, you clearly haven't worked or interacted with people working in big corporations. They have these little agreements or binding contracts called NDA (non-disclosure agreement). A good NDA signed by all the employees will limit their rights outside the company. They will not be able to tell a single living soul about what they are doing and how the company operates.

I worked in big corporations and for big corporations (in fact, I am working for BMW right now), and it is definitely not how NDA works. The legal ways to limit exposure of your misdeeds to law enforcement exist (attorney-client privilege, for example), but NDA is not one of them.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, Aikanaro said:

Well I did not said that ncsoft is guilt. But on the other hand when you know something is happening but you don't tell a shit you are considered accomplice and it's stated by law.

So, then you are an accomplice too? Or do you report every bot and adena seller you meet to the police?

On 2/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, Aikanaro said:

As for the ISP - actually YES they are shitty isp. Larger the company goes then lower the quality of service goes

So, NCsoft should not care about customers from large ISPs?

Archived