Event Monkey Baits get DELETED??

BTC

It was my fault for not reading the fine print, but I would imagine many players bought more event baits than they can use up before the expiration thinking the items would stay.

Don't event baits in live server stay permanent?

If your intention is not allow fish exchanges to occur in the market, why not let the baits become soulbound to the account and let it stay?

This is a terrible experience for customers that support the game by giving business.

Did such event items ever stay after the NPCs were gone?

The fine print, however, says that the event items will be removed at 7am server time (and not during restart). Can be a surprise for many if it's true. Won't be a surprise, though, if it's false.

where does the fine print say that?  When I go to buy it in the L2 store it doesn't!  That's the most important place it should.  Does it say it in blue when ya first log in?  I log out every night next to the gate keeper and by the time I'm in game my chat log is full of adena spam, that's my fault?   Strike 2!!!  Ready?    Wait for it....

It says those items will be removed from the "CHARACTERS" on that date.  Glad I have room in my WH!!!!!   

I spent real money on those ncoin knowing I could store them in my warehouse, I better not wake up robbed.

Event Details

• The Chef Monkey’s Tuna Hunt is taking place on the Lineage II Classic servers only. 

• The event will run from January 16 to February 13. 

• The following items and buffs will be automatically removed from players’ characters on February 13 at 7:00 a.m. server time.

• Monkey Bait

• Tuna

• Chef Monkey’s Gift

• Strawberry Banana Cocktail Buff

• Mango Banana Cocktail Buff

• Cherry Banana Cocktail Buff

1 minute ago, BTC said:

Event Details

• The Chef Monkey’s Tuna Hunt is taking place on the Lineage II Classic servers only. 

• The event will run from January 16 to February 13. 

• The following items and buffs will be automatically removed from players’ characters on February 13 at 7:00 a.m. server time.

• Monkey Bait

• Tuna

• Chef Monkey’s Gift

• Strawberry Banana Cocktail Buff

• Mango Banana Cocktail Buff

• Cherry Banana Cocktail Buff

The following items and buffs will be automatically removed from players’ characters on February 13 at 7:00 a.m. server time.

read that slowly!!!!!   twice if ya have to

4 minutes ago, Shreekz said:

I'm imagining everyone complaining in this thread as your classic "lemme talk to your manager" types complaining that they weren't warned about something that is obvious. It was an event obv the items will go away.

Next thread

Obv because the monkey bait on other server goes away too right? Obviously

8 hours ago, Shreekz said:

This is classic. Can't expect the same thing from chronos, or can I go home and make a kamael on classic? I can't name another event where you purchased an event item, but classic has only had 3 or so events so far. 

This guy clearly has challenges speaking in logic. This is a “classic” example of rambling. Go away wanna be smartie. 

2 hours ago, Sicilia said:

I'm pissed!

You buy an item, you take it away? I can understand stopping to sell the items at the set date, but to TAKE away items you purchased?

Welcome to NCsoft games where every other event is a moneygrab, enjoy your stay.

6 hours ago, BTC said:

This guy clearly has challenges speaking in logic. This is a “classic” example of rambling. Go away wanna be smartie. 

They said at the start of the event the items would be removed and stated time/date. 
If a player bought said items to use, then they should have used prior to the end date/time, when the items for the event were going to be removed. 

It's not NCSoft's fault players wanted to "get more time than the event ran", had "dc" issues, or that players "bought" the items.

Players could have just used the free ones for VIP, and not bought an item which would be removed. (Or they could have bought the item and used by the removal time, and there would be no issues.)

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, xxbutcherxx said:

That is the fine print from the "website", what about if I don't read the website and buy the baits from L2store? the store doesn't say anything about deleting the baits. I too will be losing 13k baits.

The lesson is simple.  Always read the event description.  Sorry it was such an expensive lesson for you.

Archived