Lots of players leaving

CmfGp

36 minutes ago, Ziurawka said:

So you conclude that botting can be ignored cause it's present on other servers too.

And that development of security measures is hard cause it requires extensive testing and therefore NC shouldn't bother :D

And you really want to close the topic with that?

Learn to read pls

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, geba89 said:

Learn to read pls

Dude this is what I read from your post, you've accepted the given state of things and people whining about the topic should stop.

So that's the hardcore grind experience you were looking for? Or are there bot free places on the server you found?

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be any other way of potentially influencing NC than crying on the forums.

Bot reporting through support or with the 'magic stress release button' is clearly not doing the trick. 

So I don't understand why the topic should be closed if there is nobody from NC joining the discussion so far :)

7 hours ago, Aren said:

don’t get me wrong, but in my opinion ncwest just trying to make server seems crowded with whatever it is, real players, afker, bots, just to show their server population statistics to their stake holder. Sadly bot population are exploding making real and loyal players can’t stand it anymore, really getting too ridicioulus, let’s see how far ncwest will let their server like this,....

The stakeholders are way smarter than that.  Besides, they don't give a flying fig about the population.  They want to know how much money is coming in.

NCWest hasn't done an effective job against bots for 15 years.  No reason to think they will start now.  

Why do people keep starting new threads with the same complaint?  NCWest knows we are unhappy.  They know the servers are infested with bots.  They either can't or won't spend the resources to deal with it. 

I've always hated when people say accept it or leave, but it's kind of come down to that.  There is no reason to think the situation will improve.  What other choices do we have?

I do think they will make a big show of trying, probably with a mass banning in conjunction with the Savior update.  It may even work for a little bit.  Stick around for that if you want.  But I doubt it will make any difference in the long term.  Hope I'm wrong.

Bots and RMTs would not exist if not for cheaters who use bot programs (and scripts) to get ahead in the game and cheaters who buy from the RMTs.  What does it say about the player base that it is so full of cheaters that it supports such a massive botting and RMT operation?  I guess someday only the cheaters will be left.  Have fun.

Interestingly, for all that people come on here saying they are leaving, the server populations seem to be pretty stable.  I left months ago for Skelth, but I wonder how many others really have gone.  Apparently, not enough to make a difference in either the server populations or in NCWest's attitude.

18 hours ago, CmfGp said:

So thats leads me in on conclusion ncsoft doesnt ban the bots cause prolly gain some profit out of this there are no other explenation about all this mess with the bots 

That's an incredibly dumb and ignorant conclusion. 

The real explanation is that every single online game has cheaters. Companies have to fight those cheaters while following all relevant laws AND while making sure to avoid nailing legit players in the process. Cheat makers on the other hand have no restrictions outside of those imposed by the game and the game maker. NCwest is banning botters hence the occasional flare up of badly written posts titled "OMG I WAS BANED NO REASON!!!" on this forum. The problem is every day botters can crank out hundreds of new accounts to bot. So while bots are getting smashed there are always plenty more to smash. Even if a GM went through and banned anyone remotely looking like a bot in an area it'll be packed again with bots within 15 minutes of the GM leaving. Low level areas will always have bots.

14 hours ago, Ziurawka said:

So you conclude that botting can be ignored cause it's present on other servers too.

And that development of security measures is hard cause it requires extensive testing and therefore NC shouldn't bother :D

And you really want to close the topic with that?

Could you please show me a direct quote where the poster your responding to said what you're claiming in bold?

20 hours ago, CmfGp said:

I dont know what ncsoft does for that bot issues ........but as far as can see he doesnt give a fly f,,,

Bots are everywhere active real players cant farm anywhere 

This button on your skills (bot reporting) is just out of order 

So thats leads me in on conclusion ncsoft doesnt ban the bots cause prolly gain some profit out of this there are no other explenation about all this mess with the bots 

I dont understand thou ,,,Ncsoft wants lineage being managed by bots????

Next server call em  BOT 

Is so amazing game and you guys just ruining it 

Do something you see all this post about bots from lots of people act before you left alone with bots 

Thank you

Thing is no welcome pack is gonna help, all community cried out and nc execs didint give a bleep and a lot of players left, low zones populated just by bots.
all what has to be done is player should been given decent rates, see how many ppl returned to play on 50% everything event? Heres your bleeping answer to your problems

For clean up server from bots first should focus on bann every one who bought and buying Adena. I'm sure NC bann bots by hundreds or even thousands every week but it's not a problem for Adena farmers cuz creat new accounts is free and probably most hardcore farmers organised automated creation of new accounts. This is explain why low lvl areas full of bots, only few evade bannhammer till hight lvl. And this process will never ends until players keep buying Adena from farmers.

36 minutes ago, Buldos said:

For clean up server from bots first should focus on bann every one who bought and buying Adena. I'm sure NC bann bots by hundreds or even thousands every week but it's not a problem for Adena farmers cuz creat new accounts is free and probably most hardcore farmers organised automated creation of new accounts. This is explain why low lvl areas full of bots, only few evade bannhammer till hight lvl. And this process will never ends until players keep buying Adena from farmers.

If ya ban the wales, who keeps the lights on?

44 minutes ago, Buldos said:

Well, you really cant ban everyone who buy adena from adena sellers.

They need to have some kind of protection which will give at least ban chat to adena sellers (spammers) everytime two time longer then the last one.
This is how they can start with dealing with problem imo, also they should start banning more frequently.
I just hope that u are right with that they are banning bots

39 minutes ago, Degus said:

If ya ban the wales, who keeps the lights on?

If those wales stimulating bots invasion then sure they are must be banned

24 minutes ago, Mollocro said:

Well, you really cant ban everyone who buy adena from adena sellers.

Until Adena sellers will have customers they are will be in busines. Massive bannhammer of players who buy Adena from illegal services will make game healthy. 

Players who wanna get easy Adena should think twice about wich way to do it. Buy for $ from illegal service for low price and get banned and lost all or buy NCoin cards and trade them to other players for Adena with highter price but being safe.

3 minutes ago, Buldos said:

If those wales stimulating bots invasion then sure they are must be banned

Until Adena sellers will have customers they are will be in busines. Massive bannhammer of players who buy Adena from illegal services will make game healthy. 

Players who wanna get easy Adena should think twice about wich way to do it. Buy for $ from illegal service for low price and get banned and lost all or buy NCoin cards and trade them to other players for Adena with highter price but being safe.

SAFE???  OK, you mail me 15 mill adena and rest assured I will give you the cereal code from the card I'm holding right now.

PS, you'r still buying adena

Truth is, it's impossible to stop black market trades.  The real problem won't be botted adena but automated pvp, they need to block 3rd party software.  If ncsoft didn't want bots, npc's wouldn't sell things for so much, have you seen the price of a chance to upgrade a ToI talisman?

Truth is, it's impossible to stop black market trades.  The real problem won't be botted adena but automated pvp, they need to block 3rd party software.

Well if u reduce ad for adena sellers u can reduce it.
Maybe its not easy for NCsoft create protection for 3rd party software bcs the game itself is old and have old coding and maybe thats the main problem (Im just guessing, Im not programmer).

46 minutes ago, Degus said:

If ncsoft didn't want bots, npc's wouldn't sell things for so much, have you seen the price of a chance to upgrade a ToI talisman?

Thats just another "dumb" theory, you cant really say that this is for purpouse because we dont have any proof for that.
t have its price and the price is high.. thats all what you can say.

I still hope that NCsoft at least try something against bots and try to keep their community.

1 hour ago, Comcat said:

yeah the ncsoft dont ban thats bot but ban my acc for only i used  macro key for my mouse thats hilarious.

Better idea -- ban both.  Ban all cheaters -- buyers, sellers, botters, scripters, people who automate gameplay -- all cheaters.

P.S. Depends on what the macro key does.  If it is roughly equivalent to an in-game macro there shouldn't be a problem.  If it is roughly equivalent to a looping macro, then it is cheating and should be banned.

The extremely repetitive and boring xp system of L2 is the root of all this.

The xp system ofcourse cannot change, so let's be honest; the bot makers and buyers will never stop too. At this point, the wisest thing NCSoft should do to save their game is to build their own bot, distribute it for free to all players, lower the rates and set some restrictions to the use of it, like a captcha or a time limit.

12 hours ago, Lawman said:

Ban all cheaters -- buyers, sellers, botters, scripters, people who automate gameplay -- all cheaters.

Wait ... MS morning star clan gave up vs nova and moved en mass in here lol

Btw when there will be the manteinance log on skelth

bots=0

Yo mixa. Mixa said the only thing that makes sense.

This isn't a 100m run.

If you are in a spot owned by bots log in another toon and enjoy the game elsewhere.

This isn't innova

In here they don't give a blip about bots

They need them to feed the cheaters so the cheaters can feed their business model.

7 hours ago, mixa said:

Bots are integral part of Lineage 2.

Cynical, but sadly correct.  As long as NCWest refuses to do what is needed to enforce their rules, and as long as so many people are willing to cheat, it will stay that way.  But it doesn't have to be that way.  Try Skelth. It was essentially killed by one group (I wasn't there, but as I understand it, a group of cheaters) owning the server.  Once they left, though, the server has been slowly rebuilding, with competitive groups, exciting sieges, and relatively little (never none, of course) cheating.

Archived