Lots of players leaving

CmfGp

1 hour ago, geba89 said:

enjoy the game, dont be jelous that other ppl are better

Are you talking about urself or about bots? 'cause this may be a lil tricky. 
It's true that bots are taking over every low-lv spot, but that's even true that you can find spots where they don't go...but why?
I'm playing a game and i like to enjoy it at 360° when possible, why should i lock myself into 2-3 spots 'cause the top-spots are taken by illegal players? That's pretty dumb. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Mistral said:

Are you talking about urself or about bots? 'cause this may be a lil tricky. 
It's true that bots are taking over every low-lv spot, but that's even true that you can find spots where they don't go...but why?
I'm playing a game and i like to enjoy it at 360° when possible, why should i lock myself into 2-3 spots 'cause the top-spots are taken by illegal players? That's pretty dumb. 

You would probably cry also if those were a Real players coz you cant find spot to farm.

No matter what you would do, it will always be wrong ;)

8 minutes ago, geba89 said:

You would probably cry also if those were a Real players coz you cant find spot to farm.

...yeah? How does it change the fact that spot is taken by "Illegal player"? Real player or RMT, in both case the spot is taken by someone who's not suppose to be able to play the game, since their program goes against the rules. Don't get me wrong, i'm way over those lowbie areas, but this is still a stupid thing. 
As someone said in another topic : "if they managed the bots the same way they manage the forum, we wont be having this discussion".

1 hour ago, geba89 said:

If all you can do is insult people, please do not post here.

FIRST OF ALL, yall cried that u wanted no macros, so ncsoft removed macros so we all knew that bots would take over the server so why yall complain ?

Ncsoft make it easy for botters , u cant even farm them cus  ncsoft removed  it so ... just enjoy the game or quit . xxx

On 2/13/2019 at 8:01 AM, geba89 said:

Umm... there will always be bots. Get used to it.

Change players to not use bots.

I am not sure really what NC Soft is doing but I do not care. 

I enjoy the game. I am new player here and so far did not have problems farming where I want.

Keep in mind that most bots are in low lvl areas because they are easiest to farm.

Go other areas, that are not that common. I hardly saw any bots in Orc Barracks or some places in Wastelands. 

Ant nest is also quite easy to farm.

just stop complaining and start enjoying what this game offers.

Most ppl conplain because they are frustrated because other ppl are just better...

i don't know whether to laugh or cry at this level of ignorance.

bots are a definite issue with L2.  NCSoft is relying on the development of a third-party detection program to get rid of them.  every time they develop something it works for two minutes then someone writes a new third-party that gets around the security system. it is never-ending. and NCSoft refuses to put GM's in the servers to physically seek and ban the bots.

not all servers are as plagued with bots as others but all servers have bots.  bots are a product of supply and demand.  servers with more whales (high spending players for adena) will have more bots.  the higher the demand for adena purchase the more bots you will see.

your comment that some people can't handle other people being better than they are is just ludicrous.  if someone is playing, for instance, on talking island server it is true there are almost no fields to hunt anywhere.  everything is full of bots.  and if you need mobs in any of those fields to complete quests, just give it up. you're not going to find them. i saw fields there with as many bots as there were mobs and no mob stood on the field more than a matter of seconds before it was gone.

so whatever your own playing experience is, please keep in mind it may not be everyone's playing experience.  people are leaving NCSoft's L2 servers daily for a number of reasons including bots. also including NCSoft's lack of respect for its live playing community and the issues with the game that have gone unfixed and unanswered for far too long.  NCSoft does not manage its servers well and in many cases the bots are proving profitable to NCSoft either through royalties or because they own the bots themselves.

so.. just get used to it?  we shouldn't have to.  NCSoft *should* be doing a proper job of maintaining servers with integrity, enforcing their own rules against botting and adena sales, yet they refuse to do so.  this refusal is a direct result of their lack of respect for us, the people who play this game.  maybe if everyone started saying the same things in the forums NCSoft would have to take notice.  as it is now all they'll do is moderate these forums to ensure people aren't breaking their forum rules.  otherwise we are ignored.

I don't wanna be rude or something but if you are know this game and played it you need to accept the fact that bots are part of NCsoft and.lineage2, sience the beginning the bots were all over the game, they are like mosquitos in the summer, its beautiful outside, warm nights, bla bla bla, but a damn mosquito is running your sleep, you let it go and move on, thats life, thats lineage2, if you like this game and really wanna play it, bots are your smallest problem, you learn to ignore them, you learn to deal with them, its bot about the bots, its about how you play the game and if you cant get pass this issue i recommend you to quit the game cause you wont see lineage2 without them.

On 20/02/2019 at 12:15 AM, Beatricea said:

i don't know whether to laugh or cry at this level of ignorance.

bots are a definite issue with L2.  NCSoft is relying on the development of a third-party detection program to get rid of them.  every time they develop something it works for two minutes then someone writes a new third-party that gets around the security system. it is never-ending. and NCSoft refuses to put GM's in the servers to physically seek and ban the bots.

not all servers are as plagued with bots as others but all servers have bots.  bots are a product of supply and demand.  servers with more whales (high spending players for adena) will have more bots.  the higher the demand for adena purchase the more bots you will see.

your comment that some people can't handle other people being better than they are is just ludicrous.  if someone is playing, for instance, on talking island server it is true there are almost no fields to hunt anywhere.  everything is full of bots.  and if you need mobs in any of those fields to complete quests, just give it up. you're not going to find them. i saw fields there with as many bots as there were mobs and no mob stood on the field more than a matter of seconds before it was gone.

so whatever your own playing experience is, please keep in mind it may not be everyone's playing experience.  people are leaving NCSoft's L2 servers daily for a number of reasons including bots. also including NCSoft's lack of respect for its live playing community and the issues with the game that have gone unfixed and unanswered for far too long.  NCSoft does not manage its servers well and in many cases the bots are proving profitable to NCSoft either through royalties or because they own the bots themselves.

so.. just get used to it?  we shouldn't have to.  NCSoft *should* be doing a proper job of maintaining servers with integrity, enforcing their own rules against botting and adena sales, yet they refuse to do so.  this refusal is a direct result of their lack of respect for us, the people who play this game.  maybe if everyone started saying the same things in the forums NCSoft would have to take notice.  as it is now all they'll do is moderate these forums to ensure people aren't breaking their forum rules.  otherwise we are ignored.

You are right, but you need to face the fact the its 2019 and lineage2 for ncsoft is a cow to milk not a cow they want to invest to, they get super profit with minimum costs, the game is stable, the community is decent, the cash flows in with the shop, it's been like this sience they made it free to play, when it was subscription based it was heavenly, the model of the game now is just for profit, no one cares about players opinion cause they saw that ppl come and go and they are fine with that.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:30 PM, Lawman said:

NCWest hasn't done an effective job against bots for 15 years.  No reason to think they will start now.  

Why do people keep starting new threads with the same complaint?  NCWest knows we are unhappy.  They know the servers are infested with bots.  They either can't or won't spend the resources to deal with it. 

I've always hated when people say accept it or leave, but it's kind of come down to that.  There is no reason to think the situation will improve.  What other choices do we have?

I do think they will make a big show of trying, probably with a mass banning in conjunction with the Savior update.  It may even work for a little bit.  Stick around for that if you want.  But I doubt it will make any difference in the long term.  Hope I'm wrong.

Bots and RMTs would not exist if not for cheaters who use bot programs (and scripts) to get ahead in the game and cheaters who buy from the RMTs.  What does it say about the player base that it is so full of cheaters that it supports such a massive botting and RMT operation?  I guess someday only the cheaters will be left.  Have fun.

Interestingly, for all that people come on here saying they are leaving, the server populations seem to be pretty stable.  I left months ago for Skelth, but I wonder how many others really have gone.  Apparently, not enough to make a difference in either the server populations or in NCWest's attitude.

Well, I can't speak for all the servers (wasn't watching them), though Gludio dropped by 700 in 2 months.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:34 AM, Degus said:

If ya ban the wales, who keeps the lights on?

The proper business model for the game. Not falsy accepting cheating as a means. Look at path of exile, league of legends and CSGO, they are 100% free, meaning you don't have to spend a dime to complete all the content in the game. The only thing that they provide is cosmetics.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:00 PM, Lawman said:

Better idea -- ban both.  Ban all cheaters -- buyers, sellers, botters, scripters, people who automate gameplay -- all cheaters.

P.S. Depends on what the macro key does.  If it is roughly equivalent to an in-game macro there shouldn't be a problem.  If it is roughly equivalent to a looping macro, then it is cheating and should be banned.

Howdy ^^,

For macro's it comes down to set up, and program ability (Not all are created equal). They can be made to be "Looping," or they can be made for single use.

For example:

Single Use:

I want the program to press 1 then 2 one time with 1 keystroke.

Advanced Single Use:

I want the program to press 1, then ALT + TAB, then 1, and ALT + TAB with 1 keystroke

Looped (Brute Force):

I want the program to press 1 then 2, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, etc. With 1 Keystroke.

Advanced Looped:

Effectively limitless, you can have it record x amount of hours of gameplay (every single click, mouse position, and keyboard stroke), press the key stroke and it will execute x hours of gameplay.

Quite Frankly I don't know where the line in the sand is drawn, but it is impossible to expect a potentially banned player to deliver his "Macro Profiles"  when it is so easily interchangeable. They are effectively saved in many different formats (some unique to the Macro Software, and others can come down to text files). So, you would also have to have an extensive ability to decrypt or obtain that software to verify the Macro (Assuming they truly sent you the Profile they were using and not one of their 52+ Profiles).

Hope I was able to shed some light ^^.

Also my 2 cents on the botting issue + Server issue.

Archived