blocked country

lazynemo

Hello 

So i started playing on NA classic with my old accounts , i created this accounts 3 or 4 years ago , but recently i found out that my country is blocked from NA , but i still can play. Is that still ageinst rules  this accounts was created until that rules.  will i be still under danger of ban? Someone pls help :(.

Ty for help

10 hours ago, lazynemo said:

Hello 

So i started playing on NA classic with my old accounts , i created this accounts 3 or 4 years ago , but recently i found out that my country is blocked from NA , but i still can play. Is that still ageinst rules  this accounts was created until that rules.  will i be still under danger of ban? Someone pls help :(.

Ty for help

37 minutes ago, mixa said:

You won't get banned, but you'll be ignored by the support if you need them just about anything.

Then go on and play, no problem.

19 hours ago, Qwald said:

And what is the reason for that list? It seems political. NCSoft is political department now?

@Hime

It's very simple and not political, but financial.

The Euripean and Russian markets are licensed to Innova, therefore NCWest is not allowed to operate in these markets.

On a side note, I wouldn't recommend buying coins if you're from a blocked country.

12 hours ago, mixa said:

The Euripean and Russian markets are licensed to Innova, therefore NCWest is not allowed to operate in these markets.

On a side note, I wouldn't recommend buying coins if you're from a blocked country.

You may be right, although I'd like to see the authority for your comment that the license is exclusive.  Why, then, does NCWest have a server with server time in European time zones?

17 hours ago, Lawman said:

You may be right, although I'd like to see the authority for your comment that the license is exclusive.  Why, then, does NCWest have a server with server time in European time zones?

You're missing a major part of NCW's history.

I doubt Hime or anyone for that matter will bother explaining you how the things were done and why there are still servers here what are in the European time zone.

Good luck though.

2 hours ago, mixa said:

You're missing a major part of NCW's history.

I doubt Hime or anyone for that matter will bother explaining you how the things were done and why there are still servers here what are in the European time zone.

Good luck though.

Well, yeah, you are right I'm missing a major part of the history.  I was, and am, asking you to educate me.  Also, you did not answer my more direct question of the authority for the claim that Innova's license is exclusive.  For that matter, is NCWest's license exclusive?  Is that why Americans are banned from Innova's servers?  Thanks for helping the rest of us to understand.  

On 2/18/2019 at 11:22 AM, mixa said:

Bullshit. North korea, Cuba, Iran are licensed to Innova either? ;/

5 hours ago, Lawman said:

Well, yeah, you are right I'm missing a major part of the history.  I was, and am, asking you to educate me.  Also, you did not answer my more direct question of the authority for the claim that Innova's license is exclusive.  For that matter, is NCWest's license exclusive?  Is that why Americans are banned from Innova's servers?  Thanks for helping the rest of us to understand.  

Yes, Innova's has the exclusive rights to distribute and host L2 in Europe and Russia. That why NCWest can't operate, nor promote L2 there. Same goes for NCWest, but for NA and parts of SA.

But we still have European time zone severs, like Naia. That's because of the fact that NCWest had the rights over Europe some time ago, even servers were hosted in Europe and vast majority of the players came from Europe. Hence the legacy status of these servers, which are located in Dallas, TX, but there are many players left playing from EU and Russia.

5 hours ago, Lawman said:

i've created an account and played on INOVA's server, Skelth and i live in the u.s. i didn't continue playing for a couple of reasons, even though the first week of play is free and the first month after that is discounted.  1. the server was completely dead, some few bots but almost no live players. 2. the market there is just as dead, difficult to find items through private shops that one would need to have access to to play successfully.  3. there was some bit of language barrier, i detected what seemed to be a resentment toward players who speak only english. 4. it is a subscription server and i didn't want to pay for something that isn't an optimal game experience.

as for being exclusive, when you create an account there you have an option to choose (United States) as your language option and locale.

1 hour ago, Beatricea said:

i've created an account and played on INOVA's server, Skelth and i live in the u.s. i didn't continue playing for a couple of reasons, even though the first week of play is free and the first month after that is discounted.  1. the server was completely dead, some few bots but almost no live players. 2. the market there is just as dead, difficult to find items through private shops that one would need to have access to to play successfully.  3. there was some bit of language barrier, i detected what seemed to be a resentment toward players who speak only english. 4. it is a subscription server and i didn't want to pay for something that isn't an optimal game experience.

as for being exclusive, when you create an account there you have an option to choose (United States) as your language option and locale.

I'm curious as to how long ago this was.  1. There are now many very active real players, though nearly none at the lower levels.  Check out the castle sieges.  There is one this Sunday at 2:00 p.m. American East Coast time.  2. There are probably 100 shops at the monster race track and the heroes are very accommodating about shouting WTB and WTS messages.  3. I haven't detected any resentment at all.  In fact, my clan has been amused by my American accent (in TeamSpeak) and seem happy to have me on board, even though I've made clear that English is my only language.  4. You are not going to find an optimal game experience.  All I do know is that the game experience on Skelth is far superior to the experience on the NA servers.  5.  You are right and it doesn't seem that they mind us being from the US.  However, they still say in their rules that US is not supported, though they don't say that anywhere on 4game (the log in software) as best I can tell.  

Sorry you didn't have a better experience on Skelth and GL on finding the optimal game experience for you. 

Archived