Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Hime

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • L2 Team

Hello All,

The Dev team was able to confirm that the Damaged Spellbooks will drop in the Fafurion update for the overseas version. I am still waiting on the translation of the design documents for the update, but I did find some information in the document regarding the exchange rate on the Korean servers.

In Korea, you need 55 of the Damaged Spellbooks to exchange for a 20% chance to receive a Chapter 1 Forgotten Spellbook or an 80% chance to receive a small amount back of the Damaged Spellbooks that were used for the exchange. The drop of the Damaged Spellbooks for level 99+ monsters is around 45% in the Korean drop table. We'll have more details to share once we receive our build, translated patch notes, and design documents.

Blah.  This event is the beginning of the end (a stake in the heart) of L2. It may take awhile, but this is a killer stroke.  It's a bullet to the disease of Lycanthropy that L2 has become, except for those few who are already too far gone ("turned" into believing thousands here is some how a catharsis).  The rest will slowly die-off.

54 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

The Dev team was able to confirm that the Damaged Spellbooks will drop in the Fafurion update for the overseas version. I am still waiting on the translation of the design documents for the update, but I did find some information in the document regarding the exchange rate on the Korean servers.

In Korea, you need 55 of the Damaged Spellbooks to exchange for a 20% chance to receive a Chapter 1 Forgotten Spellbook or an 80% chance to receive a small amount back of the Damaged Spellbooks that were used for the exchange. The drop of the Damaged Spellbooks for level 99+ monsters is around 45% in the Korean drop table. We'll have more details to share once we receive our build, translated patch notes, and design documents.

so if we get same rates like on korean server, then all will be good :) thx for the fast message :)

So overall I think this promo is fine, you will be able to slowly farm and exchange damaged spellbooks in game or if you want it fast and you want it now you can use L2Store. Also, the random factor of L2Store is limited to the worst case scenario where you get mostly Chapter 1 books that you can still use for the exchange or sell (I assume they are tradeable, if not that's also sth people can live with), so there is no risk that you fail enchanting and are left with nothing for the money you spent.

However, it still bugs me:

14 hours ago, Helv said:

In terms of the forgotten ( ^^' ) skills, is there really no difference between lvl 1 and lvl 2, and then between lvl 3 and lvl 4? Not even 0.5%? What is the point in making the same effect of 2 expensive skills? If I was mean, I'd think it is to hide the high cost, but I'm not, so I'm genuinely asking :)

I have just learnt a lvl1 skill for 500kk SP +10kk adena and got a 1% boost. And now I can learn a lvl2 skill which has the same effect (1%) for 500kk SP +20kk adena. Why don't you just make a lvl1 skill that gives 1% boost for 1kkk SP + 30kk Adena?

So to summarize:
This promotion (its not an "event" as nothing happens) is just a shortcut for ppl that are not willing to wait for Fafurion and upgrade these Forgotten Skills slowly by in-game means.

Considering this I suggest to everyone just to ignore it.

@Juji: It is much appreciated that you already confirmed that we will get these items from in-game means. Still it would have been best and would have avoided rage and emodrama if the Event-Page itself would have explained that from the very beginning!

If you would have said now that these items will remain L2Store only on NCWest, I would have quit. And many others I know probably too.

Our servers are already unhealthly empty, avoid further frustrations by OP L2Store items!

To earn Cash, just recycle events we already had, like that Agathion thing just now.
Next could be old Maphr or Shiny shirts, Circlets, Cloaks
and everything else we had in the past 24 months.

Ofc the revenue will be lower, but also there will be much less frustration, as the TOP players have all those items anyway, and the below TOP players will have a chance to catch up and you'll still earn money.

Focus on lowering the existing gap, and more ppl. will come back to play and less ppl will quit because they feel helplessly left behind.

@KissMyKnife @NemesiC People... Don't you guys know that the needed exp per level for NA servers is 30% higher then other territories, and drop chances are 30% lower then the other territories. And while the other territories have Premium Accounts boosting them 100% exp, 100% adena and 100% drops for less than $10 a month, while we have a Prestige Pack which costs $15 a month which doesn't give the exp bonus. It costs you $7 per hour just to buy enough boost items from NA L2Store to have the same exp and drop rates as the other territories.

The books will drop, probably with a 25% or less chance per mob. IF you're within 3 levels of the mob. You're probably hunting with 6 other people. So you have a 3-3,5% to actually get a book, which has a lower conversion rate (or upgrade rate) then the Fortune Pockets they replace.

To Helv.

The real problem is that we don't know atm if those damage spellbooks will be tradable or not.

There are plenty of examples of items tradable worldwide but not on ncwest

eg. ele shirts 7+ tradable worldwide but not in here

eg. jewels lvl 3+ tradable worldwide but not in here

and the list goes on for 20 pages, at least

Do you know any other game, in which promos/events are so bad like in Lineage2 ? Is there any other game where you need to spend lets say ~1 000 dollars +++ per month for promos/events in order to get decent item??? Is there any other game, which requires mad farm, but in reality farm does not exist! Is there a game, which is so impossible for new players to get decent gear and be a part of a healthy community, to participate in instances, to be able to pvp/pve in open field? Not only gear is close to impossible to obtain, but so many consumables are involved in boosting your stats/dmg.. 

I can not believe we get so poorly designed promos for us - to have fun :(, devs in Korea think of insane ways to let us pay and here in our servers we even get stripped by most of the free features or we need to pay for those free features. WHERE IS THE FUN? 

Do you guys enjoy spending that much in a game and get 1 shot during siege/having 0 balance.? Do you enjoy looking for a tank or healer for infinite amount of time for random party.. not saying about const party :(, because of all the quitting players ...

Maybe a REAL poll should be made, a survey to check the  - Customer Satisfaction index. Keep it up on the website for 30 days and lets see the result in the end of the month.

I really hope things will change for good, somehow! 

2 hours ago, Shoppy said:

@KissMyKnife @NemesiC People... Don't you guys know that the needed exp per level for NA servers is 30% higher then other territories, and drop chances are 30% lower then the other territories. And while the other territories have Premium Accounts boosting them 100% exp, 100% adena and 100% drops for less than $10 a month, while we have a Prestige Pack which costs $15 a month which doesn't give the exp bonus. It costs you $7 per hour just to buy enough boost items from NA L2Store to have the same exp and drop rates as the other territories.

The books will drop, probably with a 25% or less chance per mob. IF you're within 3 levels of the mob. You're probably hunting with 6 other people. So you have a 3-3,5% to actually get a book, which has a lower conversion rate (or upgrade rate) then the Fortune Pockets they replace.

Now when many ppl comment about it, it seems we miss tons of features or we must pay for them sometimes x3 x5 times more than other territories.

I feel bad after knowing that really, so much more expensive, but you get so much less .. it seems that way, doesn't it ?

So others get many farmable items for which we need to pay mad price, we get much less xp boosts (again more expensive boosts from the store) including the subscription ( which gives 0 boost for us).

IF IT IS RLY TRUE - we need more xp per level, I rly hope this is false information! Please someone give more info about that.

7$ per hour to match other zones farm/boost/xp, pls more info.

We already have huge problems with activity and server population, some classes are basically impossible to find during the day and close to impossible during the evenings.

HOW IS THAT GOOD FOR OUR SERVERS/COMMUNITY? 

We all understand that the company should generate revenue - but please make it in a more player friendly manner, listen more to what people want to change!

9 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

@Juji What would happen with the current Fortune pockets? Will they be deleted from peoples WH/inventory or just stop dropping?

If you guys continue developing this kind of money over money events we won't get new community members who want to invest in this server. Old school left to classic servers and 4k people (Naia+Chronos) is not leaving live server because we invested NCoins to geared our toons.

Day by day people is selling a lot of gear to leave live servers!!!. What are you doing to stop this?, what are your plans to keep live servers alive?, selling books for extra passive skills in l2 store, that's the plan????... common guys, we are not blind, are you killing live servers?, they are already dying and NCSoft is just interested in crap events!.

48 minutes ago, Irub said:

@Juji What would happen with the current Fortune pockets? Will they be deleted from peoples WH/inventory or just stop dropping?

In Korea the current Fortune Pockets were completely deleted/삭제 from people's Inventory, Warehouse etc.:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=634946
(about 1/4 down)

In the Japanese patch notes there is no mention of this, but that might just be an oversight:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/9204-fafurion-update-nc-japan/?tab=comments#comment-75195

Maybe somebody from Russia knows more abou how this was handled over there. If I were you, I would not stock up on Fortune Pockets. Even if Juji says now that they just won't drop any more but the old ones will be kept, there is no insurance against last-minute changes. Remember the Boss Jewelry Upgrading System!

First of all this is specifically for Yidao. Yo mate. We always knew about your L2 awesome knowledge alongside with aram and pat.

Pat is already in the innova crew and DIL is actually looking for another member for his staff. Why don't you give it a try.

You are well renowned in all L2 community for your kindness so there shouldn't be any problem at all.

Plus getting paid for something you are already doing since eight year it's a bonus :D

Plus it's an heresy that Yidao doesn't have a full functional database on his own.

Second of all and this is for the L2 ncwest community.

Netron was neutron. Attila compared to what neutron did to this game is a total noob, aka Neutron could teach to attila how to destroy something.

That beeing said Juji as a former L2 player isn't neutron and his only fault is that he delivers what ncsoft korea sends to him.

If a pool has to be made it should be about what Juji has to say to the korean devs

1. stop the loot box system

2. try to earn real usd selling cosmetics

3. stop to the korean random chance of obtaining items through the L2 store [copy what DIL did on l2 ru and l2 eu to stop the no more

than x scam]

4 and so on add what you want

so Juji can send the message to who is atm really guilty of trying to kill what remains of L2 ncwest.

5 hours ago, Yidao said:

In Korea the current Fortune Pockets were completely deleted/삭제 from people's Inventory, Warehouse etc.:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=634946
(about 1/4 down)

In the Japanese patch notes there is no mention of this, but that might just be an oversight:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/9204-fafurion-update-nc-japan/?tab=comments#comment-75195

Maybe somebody from Russia knows more abou how this was handled over there. If I were you, I would not stock up on Fortune Pockets. Even if Juji says now that they just won't drop any more but the old ones will be kept, there is no insurance against last-minute changes. Remember the Boss Jewelry Upgrading System!

I saw your post, thats why im asking about our version. And true even if they say they will/not delete them, you cant trust them.

Like last year 1 event there was an 1h exp rune u could buy cheap with some fragments from event. I asked neutron if it will be deleted and he personally said yes, but in the end it wasnt :) Untrustworthy

It seems you didn't get the point Sleeping. Okay.
I'll tell you a story.
Lets imagine that ncsoft doesn't develop lineage 2 but it sells cokes
like this one
https://www.coca-colacompany.com/coca-cola-zero
Now ncsoft sells its cokes in korea for 1 usd and it sells its cokes in japan for 1 usd
back in 2015 ncsoft told to
- DIL from innova why don't you sell our cokes for 50 usd each? eu ppl are rich
that time DIL was foolished and an entire server l2 eu (ramona) quitted the very same day
more than 2500 players vanished in a night, all 2.500 at once.
- Neutron from ncwest why don't you sell our cokes for 500 usd each? na ppl are far
way richer than eu ones. Neutron answered why only for 500 usd? lets sell them for 1k usd each

Back in 2017 when ncsoft korea said to
- DIL from innova why don't you scam your players with our circlet scam
DIL said go blip yourself put that blip scam into your blip ass
when you said that two years ago i lost an entire server in a night and i can't afford
to loose another server since we have only one left (Core)
- Neutron from ncwest
Neutron said it was about time they deserve to be scammed

Nowadays.
Jujii. 

Listen Sleeping I bet you don't even know this but Jujii played alongside most of the vets
in the closed beta, and he can't reverse in a single day all the damage Neutron did
in six years all by himself.

Those images are there because ncsoft korea sent them to ncwest
the problem now is
how jujii can revert what neutron did?

1 hour ago, BmD said:

It seems you didn't get the point Sleeping. Okay.
I'll tell you a story.
Lets imagine that ncsoft doesn't develop lineage 2 but it sells cokes
like this one
https://www.coca-colacompany.com/coca-cola-zero
Now ncsoft sells its cokes in korea for 1 usd and it sells its cokes in japan for 1 usd
back in 2015 ncsoft told to
- DIL from innova why don't you sell our cokes for 50 usd each? eu ppl are rich
that time DIL was foolished and an entire server l2 eu (ramona) quitted the very same day
more than 2500 players vanished in a night, all 2.500 at once.
- Neutron from ncwest why don't you sell our cokes for 500 usd each? na ppl are far
way richer than eu ones. Neutron answered why only for 500 usd? lets sell them for 1k usd each

Back in 2017 when ncsoft korea said to
- DIL from innova why don't you scam your players with our circlet scam
DIL said go blip yourself put that blip scam into your blip ass
when you said that two years ago i lost an entire server in a night and i can't afford
to loose another server since we have only one left (Core)
- Neutron from ncwest
Neutron said it was about time they deserve to be scammed

Nowadays.
Jujii. 

Listen Sleeping I bet you don't even know this but Jujii played alongside most of the vets
in the closed beta, and he can't reverse in a single day all the damage Neutron did
in six years all by himself.

Those images are there because ncsoft korea sent them to ncwest
the problem now is
how jujii can revert what neutron did?

But since Juji came, I only see a gentle man applying the same business stuffs as the neutron

Hi

situation on NAIA is alarming and last Mohycans story is every day actual. As we saw in past Korean game and our game are different in part where NCwest can grap our money. We good know what was made in last update where clan cloaks are in Korean version and not in expert version due NCwest PtW cash events and Ancient cloaks introduction. Moreover, this book event or past talisman fragment event are good only for people with real money. Regular ppl avoid this aption, new players too. If i see info from Juji about chances when fafurion update come, it is clear that spending money now is "cheaper"(ironic), time-spending way. 45% chance to drop item will not be true on Naia, in luck we can have 20% top. Also 20% chance to change fragment to chapter 1 book will be decreased. It spend long months/years to make lvl 30 on 1 skill without L2store cash event. And serious who will play this game in situation like novadays? People in game know answer very well. And we must mention again and again that our economy is now build only on NCoin-item transfer to adena way. I also must mention that all in game features are based on Korean economy. 20M adena for 1 click fail chance is too much if we cannot make a lot of adena from in game drops and selling. Similar last 6-slot bracelet: 500M adena for upgrade 1 lvl is in this situation too much. NCwest/soft must finaly change drop/spoil settings to make economy more live or must delete adena exchange feature from upgrade items list. I make 1 example from myself: i am playing on Naia 7 years, i have 105/105 lvl toon, i play tank. Before i have CP and i have last regular income from epic boss drops and some minor drops from instances or field exp time. Monthly income was 500-1000M depend if drop some jewel or not. Now, i lost CP and for 7 months i lost income from epics. I have only what i loot in Helios, Altar, AF, Etina and all know that some EAR/EWR, guard agathion frag or savior frags are most riches drops there, if you have lucky (chance 1 to 6) to pick up something. Most often several days i drop nothing. So in summary after 7 month i had 500M adena. What i can do with 500M? Almost nothing, And now imagine situation about new players or regular players with such income and more they have no gear to make epics for profit. These players start game and left game very shortly. They are not able to proper gear up to new contents; upgrading items in game are to expensive; to earn adena to make anything in game is for ages. People are desperate and quit. And such events are only oil to fire.

So Juji if you read these topics, please hear voice of the people and try change something to avoid catastrophic scenario. You can read several topics how desperate is situation, we writen a tons of advices and for now we see only pay to win events, low chance events for high dollars prices. Also NCwest thing about how kind of people from which contries play and how is economy in this contries. Europe-North America and South America are very different stories about average people income. 1000 dollars for North american or german/GB/Austria or french on 1 event item is nothing as they have 7000-10000 dollars per month or 3-4000 Euro per month. But rest contries have average income about 1000 euro depend of job and country of course. Good example are RU servers where NCcoins spend on 1 item are hundrets below NAIA prices. Buying power is close to middle/east Europe or South America.

Uriel i played in naia, angelineri clan before going to chronos

Don't never ever fall in neutron's old trap

A coke does cost almost the same everywere

every time ncwest customers log in they are buying a service

not a chance to get a service

that service is called entertainment

the price of a coke it's almost the same worldwide but in one country

and that price isn't calculated referring to a normal salary in that country but calculating shipping costs tax costs and the like

neutron created the fake since you from na are richer you have to pay more

I bet we played in a party too back in the day uriel don't get foolished

look at this table

http://www.globalbrandprices.com/rankings/Coca_cola/

Neutron made ncwest like norway x 1000

20 hours ago, Rufflez said:

If you guys continue developing this kind of money over money events we won't get new community members who want to invest in this server. Old school left to classic servers and 4k people (Naia+Chronos) is not leaving live server because we invested NCoins to geared our toons.

Day by day people is selling a lot of gear to leave live servers!!!. What are you doing to stop this?, what are your plans to keep live servers alive?, selling books for extra passive skills in l2 store, that's the plan????... common guys, we are not blind, are you killing live servers?, they are already dying and NCSoft is just interested in crap events!.

Exactly because you such "players", the servers are dead.

8 minutes ago, mixa said:

Exactly because you such "players", the servers are dead.

You can't blame players for the current situation. Players always gonna take a shortcut if they got the chance (bot, rmt, bug abuse).

NC took the "greed is good" highway at expense of their own commodity. They tried to increase their revenue but brought instability in their own product (while sitting in a sh1t load of our money). After all for us it's a game for the company it's just a product.

You guys are hilarious, your expectation for NcWest to lower the prices, lower the gap between players or making a plan to repopulate live servers is really pure entertainement.
The truth is under JuJi&Neutron management NcWest close and merge 4 server or so and now its about to merge Chronos and Naia....Recipe is simple and it was done several times allready , merge Chronos and Naia and open a new live server :). There are many former/actual player willing to take a chance with a fresh start.

Bref, dont be blind coz no...they will not lower prices, they will not bring back in game means of making adena(ftp adena), they will not care for ppl to have good time in game, they will care less about ppl outside of NA(after all, they have license only for NA...its a curtoasy to let other ppl to play here).

Regarding adena gain in game is hilarious also...you can earn like 100-500 mil adena per week(with luck) but for making new items you need like 100 bil+++ adena :D....my gran gran gran nefew will have a greater jewel or a +20 cloak...yeeeyyyyy

Empty your credit cards, take a loan to buy ncoins, live American dream...future is bright :x.

Btw @Juji last time you left you promise a pts server, now that you are back for several months and acommodation its over do you have any news on that?

Archived