First impressions

NoEternity

Hello,

I'm a long time non official server roamer (never got the chance to play on retail back when I played). So today I've learned about this Classic server thing and decided to give it a try. Nostalgia, right in the feels... well, you know. I browsed the forums thoroughly and decided to proceed even after reading countless posts/topics about NCSoft not giving a damn, bots running rampant, players leaving, spoilers not getting anything. Heck, I was also ready to dish out some cash for get that VIP for extra loot chance.

So, I log in to the game. Man, I have to say, they did overall improve. Everything looks so shiny, smooth and fresh. After killing some mobs (one dropped a whooping amount of 10A), I decide to check the VIP thing out. 80..800...2k, 4k... G2A sells 8k for 70 euros, so VIP4 would cost me around 40 euros, maybe less, which is reasonable to get something going. BUT, then I open the last tab where you can actually buy mats for freaking VIP coins. So, if you probably spend several days trying to spoil 1k AB, you can instead just dish out some rl cash and pretty much get them for free. What is more, I've later found out that the VIP status has to kept, by spending even more cash. Really?
The last and final nail(s) were the two gold sellers trying to sell their things via party search function.

I really hoped for more. Too bad, so sad.
Good luck.

6 minutes ago, NoEternity said:

Hello,

I'm a long time non official server roamer (never got the chance to play on retail back when I played). So today I've learned about this Classic server thing and decided to give it a try. Nostalgia, right in the feels... well, you know. I browsed the forums thoroughly and decided to proceed even after reading countless posts/topics about NCSoft not giving a damn, bots running rampant, players leaving, spoilers not getting anything. Heck, I was also ready to dish out some cash for get that VIP for extra loot chance.

So, I log in to the game. Man, I have to say, they did overall improve. Everything looks so shiny, smooth and fresh. After killing some mobs (one dropped a whooping amount of 10A), I decide to check the VIP thing out. 80..800...2k, 4k... G2A sells 8k for 70 euros, so VIP4 would cost me around 40 euros, maybe less, which is reasonable to get something going. BUT, then I open the last tab where you can actually buy mats for freaking VIP coins. So, if you probably spend several days trying to spoil 1k AB, you can instead just dish out some rl cash and pretty much get them for free. What is more, I've later found out that the VIP status has to kept, by spending even more cash. Really?
The last and final nail(s) were the two gold sellers trying to sell their things via party search function.

Good luck.

Not sure what you expected. You even saw the forum first. 
Btw no clue what you mean with that "So, if you probably spend several days trying to spoil 1k AB, you can instead just dish out some rl cash and pretty much get them for free".
As for VIP and adena sellers : 
VIP must be sustained, you go and get the lv 4 VIP, then, after 1 month it will drop to lv 3. So you gotta spend again to level it up back to 4. Welcome to the NCWest server, "free to play" but you gotta spend A LOT to play. Since we have rates lowered by 1/2 or even 1/3 than the EU version. 
Adena sellers...ofc they will spam PM and shouts for sell things, what do you think those bots locking down every zone 40- are for? 

Yeah, we all hoped for more, but ehi, this is NCWest and this is how they (don't) deal with the problem, just do as I do : don't waste ur time with hopes and money to get something, just get ur vip lv 1 (400 NCoins = buy 1 rune XP for 1h per month, 80 coins, here you go, vip lv 1 for 5 months for 5 euros). 

Good luck dude ^^ 

1 hour ago, NoEternity said:

Hello,

Good luck.

Since you've never played retail lineage 2 I can understand the shock value because you are operating off an assumption of what the game was.

Bots, currency sales and other real-money transactions (RMT) have always existed in every retail game, so it shouldn't be surprising.

Other than that the VIP coins are dropped for VIP players, but it's not something you can just grab with RMT, rather it's a perk of the VIP system, and helps offset the otherwise poor drop rates by internalizing the sale of specific materials needed for a given craft.

2 hours ago, Boombox said:

so you want a free server without a p2w model. GL with that. Go play skelth which has been dead for a year with a few people paying to keep the server upkeep. Better yet, go to lineage2 revolution then you will really see a p2w model. 

Rumors are saying that it's coming back alive a bit in there, so i wont be so sure that Skelth is dead. Having 1000 legit players would be way better than 5000 rmt/bots/3rd users. 
And you really think this server will be any different than L2R? Fool! Just wait and see. You've never been into the "live" version of the game with items that are ONLY avalaible into the store. 
Oh and there are lots of free-to-play games that are not pay-2-win. FPS f2p or even BR f2p are not pay to win since you only buy boxes and cosmetics...aaand they may do the same thing here. But they wont. Just wait ~

Archived