New Event: Oriana's Lucky Draw Planned for Wed, March 21

Conguero

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • L2 Team
24 minutes ago, ElpySlayer said:

so wouldn't a participating character be a lvl 90+ toon who is logged in & has the event appearance running ??

That's correct. Now you just need to define "attempt." :)

All this means is every time a drawing is conducted there's some percentage chance that no one is picked. For example, if there are 3,000 eligible participants when a drawing is conducted, your chance of winning is NOT 1/3,000. There's first a proverbial roll of the dice to determine if a winner will be chosen. If successful a winner is then randomly chosen from the list of participants and everyone else receives coins.

Edit: The probability that a winner will be drawn also increases with each stage, which is why it's more likely that you'll see winners chosen in Stage 5 than Stage 1. However, it's still not guaranteed that someone will win in Stage 5 either.

On 3/19/2018 at 7:53 PM, Conguero said:

Oriana's Lucky Draw is a new in-game event that we plan to run March 21 through April 11. We're sympathetic to a lot of your feedback regarding recent promotions and events, and it's important to us to launch this event with no embedded L2 Store component. Players will receive the necessary Lucky Draw Supply Items entirely through in-game participation in the event. Each hour eligible participants will have a chance to be drawn as a winner to receive rewards that fluctuate by Server Time. Participants in each drawing who do not win will receive event currency that can be turned in for randomized reward boxes.

Visit the Oriana's Lucky Draw event page for more info.

How about account can i participate from multiple accounts? But from one pc=])

@Conguero

If u get chosen as a winner you have to click something like get prize and then u recive it, or by just being online with the app on its enough?

And can u be inside instances/combat or need to be in towns for it to work?

By this being a non pay event, could you post the odds or the process or some info as how that probervial dice roll works?

3 minutes ago, Droid said:

@Conguero

If u get chosen as a winner you have to click something like get prize and then u recive it, or by just being online with the app on its enough?

And can u be inside instances/combat or need to be in towns for it to work?

By this being a non pay event, could you post the odds or the process or some info as how that probervial dice roll works?

you get it in the mail

22 minutes ago, Dargor said:

you get it in the mail

I know you get it in the mail. The question was if i have to do something prior to that. Or the 5 attempts to find a winner are 5 dice rolls as conguero put it, to see if there is 1 winner. Or there are 5 trys to find a live user sitting in the pc at the moment a pop up shows and tells you to click or u dont get nothing.

It must be a struggle, being a community manager for this or any online game. So many people come in here just to heckle. It's actually a pretty decent event, it works as advertised, and the price is right on this one.

Good luck to you all!

• L2 Team
11 minutes ago, meskiukas said:

so can we know the chance to win this event ? like how big chance that someone is winner ?

As a general rule we don't provide players with internal probabilities. All you need to know is you have a chance to win the main prize or coins for each hour you participate.

11 minutes ago, meskiukas said:

Also why ninja tp price restore patch ?

I've posted about this in the maintenance thread.

14 minutes ago, xxbutcherxx said:

Like 0.0000000001% winning probability.

I didn't know we have comedians gracing these forums! That's SO COOL, ha! B|

4 minutes ago, Conguero said:

As a general rule we don't provide players with internal probabilities. All you need to know is you have a chance to win the main prize or coins for each hour you participate.

So it's totally possible to not even get coins from the daily 3 disguises. Cool... I guess.

Edit: Look. I know you're just the messenger sent to be shot, but this is silly.

1 hour ago, Conguero said:

It's possible because a winner isn't guaranteed to be selected...? From the event article: "Each hour an attempt will be made to draw a winner from the pool of participating characters." 

I don't understand your question.

I think you are being a bit tone deaf here or deliberately obtuse.  Can you imagine that some people might be disappointed/frustrated that there was a "free" event announced, and they logged in, popped their three disguise scrolls, and got absolutely nothing for their participation after 3 hours?  It's not really an event at all in that case in their minds, and some may even perceive it as a slap in the face.  If the coins came every hour regardless, it might be called an event.

• L2 Team
8 minutes ago, Emanuelson said:

I think you are being a bit tone deaf here or deliberately obtuse.  Can you imagine that some people might be disappointed/frustrated that there was a "free" event announced, and they logged in, popped their three disguise scrolls, and got absolutely nothing for their participation after 3 hours?  It's not really an event at all in that case in their minds, and some may even perceive it as a slap in the face.  If the coins came every hour regardless, it might be called an event.

Yes, I can clearly imagine that any event we run may not be as rewarding as many players want. In fact I always assume at least that much.

Neither coins are 100% to win, totally pathetic it! That way it's best just the events you love to do, events that make people invest $$. Every event that people get free items will hinder your chances and still make them almost impossible. Unfortunate!!! And he says he would put this event on as "supportive" claims of later events. We really have someone who likes jokes on the forum B|

4 minutes ago, Conguero said:

Yes, I can clearly imagine that any event we run may not be as rewarding as many players want. In fact I always assume at least that much.

No as rewarding I can understand, not rewarding at all is just like Emanuelson said "Slap in the face".

14 minutes ago, Conguero said:

the problem is in this event is not "rewarding as many players want"... is none... cuz even coins we can get :( 

• L2 Team
1 minute ago, xxbutcherxx said:

No as rewarding I can understand, not rewarding at all is just like Emanuelson said "Slap in the face".

"Not rewarding at all" is just a tad bit hyperbolic. This event has been live for just a few hours, which means just a few hourly drawings have been done. Drawings will continue to occur every hour for the next three weeks.

We're monitoring the rate at which winners are selected.

well the whole server loged in! everyone used the apearances! no rewards for 4 hours so that means everyone used up they'r tries and now no one has any to stay and watch! so an event that will go for another day and a half and no one can really participate! does that sound logical?

7 minutes ago, Conguero said:

"Not rewarding at all" is just a tad bit hyperbolic. This event has been live for just a few hours, which means just a few hourly drawings have been done. Drawings will continue to occur every hour for the next three weeks.

We're monitoring the rate at which winners are selected.

What I meant with "not rewarding at all" is that I spent 3 hours in the game waiting to see if at least I would get coins, but instead I wasted 3 hours.

Archived