New Event: Oriana's Lucky Draw Planned for Wed, March 21

Conguero

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was @mixa who once said this community perfectly deserves everything it gets from NC Soft. After reading this thread I start to sympathize with the NC Staff and I really don't envy them dealing with all this nonsense on daily basis. It is now clear to me why things are the way they are.

Nice event :) We expected a little and we got less :D For free event totally bad approach. We have cca 21 days event x 24hrs= cca 504 chances to have first winner. With NCSoft dice roll chance if we will have 50 winners we will be happy. Ok i am fine with this to reduce top price winners, but why you connect condition to got 100 coins with top price winner? Coins rewards are not interesting and 300 coins per day per account (6300 per event per account totaly) is not so ruined for server, moreover if company could be sometimes wise and make poeple happy, most player lower their bad feelings too.

1. Is this event or no? If "yes", why teleports not for free like another event time?

2. U affraid about money, but there is no items in in-game store. Giving now will not  change alot, cause u should did that in the past. 

3. For now incoming players need gear for 99lvls where game start. (Shadow weapon boxes and temporary sets will be good idea.) But root(source) of problems is : U left lowlvls w/o adena.  U need, we need - all need diversificated by lvls/prices and multiplycators runes in-game store. Look, If I exping my toon ( cause I love play many clasees), why I should think where I can get adena for future? I dont have as option "kill fortuna" , cause I'd better go "octavis" on main char. It solve problem with bots, If they will pay it's ok for all. But, at first, I care about payable newbies. Thay don't have adena nor items for comfortable game.

4. Innova have tranning camp. Why NCWest can't do the same for subscribers? It will be helpful. Why I should left my char in macro state and waste my pc time? I'd better pay for this, and exp as many chars as I want than log them all at virtual machines. Lower prices and give ppl more options , more ways to pay, *CENSORED*!

5. I know U prepare to the next celebration, but with such failed events and management, nothing to celebrate.

18 hours ago, Conguero said:

It's not old or recycled. Content is released differently in each region to align with distinct business models, but it has only been this way since... well, forever. It's not like we were just hoping beyond hope such a clever player as yourself wouldn't be astute enough to connect the dots between this event and the one run in Europe. We changed the name to avoid unnecessary confusion since the scope of the Balthus Knights' Order Happy Hour event is different. That said, obviously the reset notice you saw wasn't correctly updated and that's our bad.

Absolutely sad.....attempt to inspire ppl to log/come back/etc to be introduced/re-introduced to....well....Nothing!

Introducing a 'free event' with zero probability (0 at stage five still results in 0).....grats...

Is it really above pay grade to actually introduce a 'goodwill' event that actually benefit those logging in.....splurge....give a 100% result "if you log in and are dressed accordingly to qualify.....rhetorical statement...

For those who want to flame and say 'you don't have to play', there is no hope for you.....

(no recent purchase...no expecting to play free event....starting to get the hang of this non-participant player slowly)

Well, its free and no NCoins involved, a step in the right way but not a very exciting event tbh.

I question for NC-staff, is it completely out of the question to have a few ingame events involving moving people over the map?

For example every hour a broadcast message says that "Evil mobs is on the rampage".. and a group of event-mobs spawns randomly in the world of aden?

Those who participate to defeat the mobs get an item that can be exchanged for something at the event NPC. When they are defeated a broadcast says something like, "The evil mobs was stopped by a bunch of cool ppl"

The rewards could be something fluffy like a cloak appearance scroll or something else visual that is uniqe for the event. Doesnt have to be something super expensive but something cool to have, like a visual collectable and a really fun hunting event. 

15 minutes ago, Warndihr said:

I question for NC-staff, is it completely out of the question to have a few ingame events involving moving people over the map?

For example every hour a broadcast message says that "Evil mobs is on the rampage".. and a group of event-mobs spawns randomly in the world of aden?

Those who participate to defeat the mobs get an item that can be exchanged for something at the event NPC. When they are defeated a broadcast says something like, "The evil mobs was stopped by a bunch of cool ppl"

Oh yeah big plus from me+++

We had such events in the distant past, it was awesome:

http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/events/memorable-raid-boss.php

Even better was the "Dark Lord Return" Event if I recall correctly.

Raidboses and/or minions spawned at town gates and in the wilderness in groups, they gave good loot when killed so everyone was totally searching the map and hunting those mobs soon as the message popped up.

There was chaos, flagging, clanwar, massacre each time any of these mobs spawned, simply fantastic :)

They went out of Ideas thinking ítems are all in games cuz Money moves them out, so they are not thinking about customers...

sorry dude someone tell before 2 years ago this will be the beginning of the ending, and this idea to get back players or get new customers its like VNDragonx says "Trash", Trash ideas, trash event, trash attempt, trash developers, trash World, trash bugs, trash pk afk macro well done developers, oh i forgot they dont make nothign just buy and modify settings the brains are not enoght, to conquer the world. ;/

i smell a ban ?

I'm wondering if the lottery is real and people do get the rewards except the orianna's coins. cuz it seems so fake to me.  The announcements should also refer to the winner 's name. Sounds much more realistic rather than " we've got a winner". name the winner!!   It matters alot

59 minutes ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Even better was the "Dark Lord Return" Event if I recall correctly.

Raidboses and/or minions spawned at town gates and in the wilderness in groups, they gave good loot when killed so everyone was totally searching the map and hunting those mobs soon as the message popped up.

There was chaos, flagging, clanwar, massacre each time any of these mobs spawned, simply fantastic :)

I'm sure now all those precious snowflakes would cry on forums how this is unfair that they have to move, fight, lose shots, get owned by organized players groups etc. This community will never be satisfied. Some people even complain they can't now spend money at L2store because the event is not L2store based....

90% of the good things that they give disappear in 3 weeks ... the thing that you change with the 100 coins is pure garbage .. only appear elixir and gemstone R.- How is it going to make it so terrible to deliver good things to the players? they have to lose .. a pity ..

5 hours ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Even this event has been here before.

http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/events/kaliels-blessing.php

Except someone always won, and you could somewhat control what was given away. Got R99 daggers out of it. Even the token boxes were better.

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

90% of the good things that they give disappear in 3 weeks ... the thing that you change with the 100 coins is pure garbage .. only appear elixir and gemstone R.- How is it going to make it so terrible to deliver good things to the players? they have to lose .. a pity ..

Nothing will be gone in three weeks, only the boxes/coins....

Well, it's free and it's better than nothing.  But it could so easily be so much better with two simple changes.  Announce the names of the winners and give everyone who has the buff the 100 coins even if no one wins.  Please make these changes and have a good event.

It's not often that I defend NCSoft these days, but the FREE event is just fine as it is. Nothing totally exciting, but still a nice little FREE addition to the game.
And the teleport fees always were in game it's nothing new. Just bugged out for a few months and that's corrected now, nothing to cry about really.

Everyone should keep his complaints until NCW gives you a real reason to complain again (Sayha Talisman, Dragon Weaps/Shirts, other new P2W crap) and just enjoy what you got at the moment :)

I really don't understand most of ppl here... We go chance to win something for FREE by not doing almost anything, just be online, and there is still so many ppl unhappy... Try to treat this event like something new... Like something that may change something on the game we love, and look forward with hope that this kind of action will be more, not only one for years ( again ). Cheers.

Archived