Jump to content
Forums

suggestion for bot-free server


Recommended Posts

Hello all

I would like to ask comunnity if u think that if we will pay monthly (like on old official servers) can help againts bots?

This situation on server with so huge amounts of bots is crazy and lot of people loosing patience and start leaving server.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wein said:

Hello all

I would like to ask comunnity if u think that if we will pay monthly (like on old official servers) can help againts bots?

This situation on server with so huge amounts of bots is crazy and lot of people loosing patience and start leaving server.

 

I agree 100% please we can't fight against this amount of bots, it's ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also i wrote can be 1 window free - if u want more windows, u have to buy VIP (Premium Account)

I know about Innova. But i am talking about new one from NCsoft.

RU version with Azbuka? No thanks.

Edited by Wein
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PiktasKeksas said:

wanna help? then do not buy adena. easy

Completely missing the point, buy it or don't, they need to block the programs.  When you are high enough to PvP and start fighting scripts, that's the real problem!!  There are bot porting town to town "shopping" EVERY private store.  My guess is they buy out certain items, ie  ea-B and owner re-sells at higher.  Or it knows price and buys misprinted items.  These are gonna be the real problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I vote Nay.

'Cause i play irregular, and i don't want to think of payment, when i play 1-2 days per week.

 

BTW, if NCSoft comes to P2P model, it should delete Item Mall, and every item that had been purchased there. And total refund, ofc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear NCSoft,

would it be possible for you to launch a subscription-only classic server within the NA time zones and maintain it as bot-free?  i know i would be willing, as i'm sure others would, to pay a subscription of 10$ to 15$ per month to play a classic server that isn't plagued with bots.  keep the L2 store the same, keep everything else the same, just create a world for us where we can play unhindered.  the subscription payment could be applied to the vip every month as an incentive for people to be willing to pay for a subscription.

keep the same event schedule, keep the same overall gameplay experience but please increase the rates by just a wee bit to make it more attractive to people who are otherwise struggling in the F2P classic servers.

just a thought.  if ncsoft is willing to do this you may in fact attract veteran players back to the game who have left because of the over-population of bots on the F2P servers.  it would be a money-maker for ncsoft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing would change. Bots will still over-populate the server as the NCWest wont be bothering to ban them. In the other hand, it's not a problem for the bots to pay 10$ per month when they already waste 7$ for the program and earn way more than that, daily.

Sorry guys, you should come down ur bubble of dreams. The only way for the server to be bot-free, or almost, would be to have active gms who logs even once per week and clean up/bot check all the reported players. Summoners are the easiest one since they run the same setup (might+shield+conc, no shots, nuke+assist of summon) and then the live players using the program, also easy to check, since you just need to go there, hit them and see how they react. If they are not going to hit back, answer or anything, but they will make mechanic movement like "low hp = sit" or "target mobs behind hills", easy deal, ban. 

This is the only way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Beatricea said:

Dear NCSoft,

would it be possible for you to launch a subscription-only classic server within the NA time zones and maintain it as bot-free?  i know i would be willing, as i'm sure others would, to pay a subscription of 10$ to 15$ per month to play a classic server that isn't plagued with bots.  keep the L2 store the same, keep everything else the same, just create a world for us where we can play unhindered.  the subscription payment could be applied to the vip every month as an incentive for people to be willing to pay for a subscription.

keep the same event schedule, keep the same overall gameplay experience but please increase the rates by just a wee bit to make it more attractive to people who are otherwise struggling in the F2P classic servers.

just a thought.  if ncsoft is willing to do this you may in fact attract veteran players back to the game who have left because of the over-population of bots on the F2P servers.  it would be a money-maker for ncsoft.

I've been putting forward this suggestions for months and for the life of me I can't see why they don't do it.  Combine Aden and Gludio so they still only have 4 servers.  What do they have to lose?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mistral said:

Nothing would change. Bots will still over-populate the server as the NCWest wont be bothering to ban them. In the other hand, it's not a problem for the bots to pay 10$ per month when they already waste 7$ for the program and earn way more than that, daily.

Sorry guys, you should come down ur bubble of dreams. The only way for the server to be bot-free, or almost, would be to have active gms who logs even once per week and clean up/bot check all the reported players. Summoners are the easiest one since they run the same setup (might+shield+conc, no shots, nuke+assist of summon) and then the live players using the program, also easy to check, since you just need to go there, hit them and see how they react. If they are not going to hit back, answer or anything, but they will make mechanic movement like "low hp = sit" or "target mobs behind hills", easy deal, ban. 

This is the only way.

You would be right if NCWest did nothing to ban bots.  But they ban many bots (and, apparently, many innocent people as well, if these forums are to be believed).  On a F2P/P2W the botters just create more bots and it costs them nothing.  For every bot banned another two emerge.  On a subscription server, the botters would have to constantly be paying to $10 over and over.  It wouldn't rid the server of bots, but it certainly would reduce their numbers.  It would also help if NCWest banned the cheaters who buy from these botters, and make a major show of it, destroying the market for the botters.  

You are likely right that it is a "bubble of dreams," but only because NCWest does not seem inclined to do it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Qwald said:

I vote Nay.

'Cause i play irregular, and i don't want to think of payment, when i play 1-2 days per week.

 

BTW, if NCSoft comes to P2P model, it should delete Item Mall, and every item that had been purchased there. And total refund, ofc.

Fair points.  But what if NCWest merged Aden & Gludio and added one P2P server?  They'd still have 4 servers.  You'd still have your choice to play for free.  And I agree the new server should not have an L2Store.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly you did not play retail L2 if you think a subscription will stop a bot.

L2 was a $50 game, with a monthly subscription, and GMs banned bots regularly.

Botting was still prevalent, adena sales were always around, and the cost of doing business was just factored into the price of adena and account sales.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vlademere said:

Clearly you did not play retail L2 if you think a subscription will stop a bot.

L2 was a $50 game, with a monthly subscription, and GMs banned bots regularly.

Botting was still prevalent, adena sales were always around, and the cost of doing business was just factored into the price of adena and account sales.

Well, true to a point.  Botting was prevalent, but the servers were not as infested as they are today.  I suspect the server populations were greater then, too.  That generated a greater demand and enough people willing to pay the "factored in" price.  I agree, though, both that nothing will eliminate bots completely and that nothing is likely to be very effective unless they aggressively ban the cheater customers of the adena sellers as well.  

A subscription will, however, add substantially to the cost of doing business if NCWest vigorously pursues and perma-bans bots.  At least it may reduce the numbers so that the game will be playable and much more enjoyable.  The goal, of course, is making botting/adena selling unprofitable by raising the cost of doing business and reducing the customer base.  

Aggressive perma-banning of people who bot and script to get ahead in the game would be both welcome and necessary as well.

Not likely to happen, but I do think it would be worth it to NCWest to give it a shot.  Perhaps when the revenue from Classic declines sufficiently they will.  We can hope so, anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Wein said:

Hello all

I would like to ask comunnity if u think that if we will pay monthly (like on old official servers) can help againts bots?

This situation on server with so huge amounts of bots is crazy and lot of people loosing patience and start leaving server.

 

I won't pay a single cent to this team and this server. For other classic yes but for this dev team nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lawman said:

Well, true to a point.  Botting was prevalent, but the servers were not as infested as they are today.  I suspect the server populations were greater then, too.  That generated a greater demand and enough people willing to pay the "factored in" price.  I agree, though, both that nothing will eliminate bots completely and that nothing is likely to be very effective unless they aggressively ban the cheater customers of the adena sellers as well.  

A subscription will, however, add substantially to the cost of doing business if NCWest vigorously pursues and perma-bans bots.  At least it may reduce the numbers so that the game will be playable and much more enjoyable.  The goal, of course, is making botting/adena selling unprofitable by raising the cost of doing business and reducing the customer base.  

Aggressive perma-banning of people who bot and script to get ahead in the game would be both welcome and necessary as well.

Not likely to happen, but I do think it would be worth it to NCWest to give it a shot.  Perhaps when the revenue from Classic declines sufficiently they will.  We can hope so, anyway.

Correct. There would be less bots running with a subscription, but it would be marginal. 

So instead of a known "botter" running 3 parties, maybe it's feasible to run 2 parties instead. However, all of this is assuming that an economy of scale does not apply to bots.

Remember these are companies running the bot programs, and it's most likely that the cost of doing business is passed to the consumer rather than it being a deterrent for that business.

Think of it like gas prices - if the cost of 1 barrel of oil goes up, so does the price of gas. The oil company maintains a similar profit margin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Vlademere said:

Correct. There would be less bots running with a subscription, but it would be marginal. 

So instead of a known "botter" running 3 parties, maybe it's feasible to run 2 parties instead. However, all of this is assuming that an economy of scale does not apply to bots.

Remember these are companies running the bot programs, and it's most likely that the cost of doing business is passed to the consumer rather than it being a deterrent for that business.

Think of it like gas prices - if the cost of 1 barrel of oil goes up, so does the price of gas. The oil company maintains a similar profit margin.

True, unless the higher cost means lower sales.  If NCWest makes it expensive enough that the cost cannot be passed on without a loss of sales, there would be a real impact.  Perma-banning buyers would help, too, obviously.  Drive up the cost of doing business and drive down the demand.  Both are necessary to make it work.

Keep in mind that gas is a necessity for many people and adena is not.  Sure, some people will pay any price, but most have limited funds and will not pay (or, at least, will not buy as much) if the price gets too high.

Edited by Lawman
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lawman said:

True, unless the higher cost means lower sales.  If NCWest makes it expensive enough that the cost cannot be passed on without a loss of sales, there would be a real impact.  Perma-banning buyers would help, too, obviously.  Drive up the cost of doing business and drive down the demand.  Both are necessary to make it work.

Keep in mind that gas is a necessity for many people and adena is not.  Sure, some people will pay any price, but most have limited funds and will not pay (or, at least, will not buy as much) if the price gets too high.

I like to believe these "Random bans" are a result of RMT, or botting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 8:28 PM, Lawman said:

Fair points.  But what if NCWest merged Aden & Gludio and added one P2P server?  They'd still have 4 servers.  You'd still have your choice to play for free.  And I agree the new server should not have an L2Store.

Thats ok. I give permission :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

this thread has obviously been moderated and messed with.

i guess that means more than one thread had the same thing going so they were merged?

that being the case,when is ncsoft going to catch on that your community is unhappy with the way you are running things?  if there are problems,share then with us, beg our indulgence. if we are wrong, tell us we are wrong and why.

this so-called moderation of our forum topics and lack of response from ncsoft is becoming insufferable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they can do something similar to what they do to prevent, or lessen, pk'ing lower characters. In the starter areas they have guards that detect pk'ers...well why not use the same concept to identifying bots, but have these NPCs (or whatever you call them) roaming all over....and maybe have them invisible (if possible? idk). Just an idea that perhaps can be expanded on.

Now I get that it might be hard for the game to distinguish b/t a normal player and a bot..but there must be something that gives it away. Create an algorithm or something. Idk. Just my thoughts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...