Macro loop deletion

Afum

1 hour ago, Draecke said:

That's banneble so yeah no.. only macro's officially allowed are those ingame - anything else can lead to a ban.

bannable only if you are afk :) soo if u online and using Hardware was no ban ...u can see in Streams every single streamer  using.. aswell every top player .... soo if Ban for Hardware would be very very destructive for lineage population ....:/ u can see in oly very ez who using macro mouse/keyboard or keypads.that nothing new ...look at molensa videos he even going Field pvp showing skill with MACRO :DDDDDDDD ...soo its not banable      

video :    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBb5q1whJg

5 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

THe explanations I've seen through search give me no reason to be worried about it. Alas people here keep implying that it's impossible to avoid and I'd like to know how. I've had people try and fail several times now so I am curious to know if those that tried on me were just failures.

If you've searched the forum then I'm sure you saw GM Juji or Neutron that said that leaving your char unattended is equal to botting which is illegal. I'm using the macro without problem but I'm looking every 10 -15 minutes just because. 

Macro is just to easy your game play. Leaving your char unattended is on your responsibility. 

26 minutes ago, WolfBaby said:

bannable only if you are afk :) soo if u online and using Hardware was no ban ...u can see in Streams every single streamer  using.. aswell every top player .... soo if Ban for Hardware would be very very destructive for lineage population ....:/ u can see in oly very ez who using macro mouse/keyboard or keypads.that nothing new ...look at molensa videos he even going Field pvp showing skill with MACRO :DDDDDDDD ...soo its not banable      

video :    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBb5q1whJg

oh I know of many ppl who do use that stuff but also a bunch that did got banned over it so, dunno if they were nuts and used it for afk though

the point is just that officially it's not allowed and can result in actions from NC, still up to you how you play the way you choose to play just don't claim you weren't aware of the offiical policy if this does end up biting you in the rear end ;)

On 2/22/2019 at 8:50 PM, Afum said:

After so many fights about botting and scripting there is something like macro loop, well it is here since some time, why i bring this topic now? Well it was like wtf for me when i saw yesterdays Molensa streaming when he had hands in the air and his character was playing alone lol :D  rly? after so many ppl quit this game of botting u made smth like "macro botting" legal . lol :D its a joke and only event u do are p2win nothing else. What i mean is looking for someone from dev stuff finally understand this and im LOOKING FOR DELETION OF MACRO LOOPS and well what is obvious still waitting to ban all scripters so many years.

Regards,

Last Legit

Or maybe need just delete your accounts? When you will log in game and start play - and reach minimum 99lvl... You will find that to for faction need to kill 1+10800+36000+82800 mobs - from "monster collection". 100 kinds of mobs... at least you kill 1? Or maybe you kill 82800 without ,macro? People want to have also private life. Just stop talking.

22 minutes ago, Draecke said:

oh I know of many ppl who do use that stuff but also a bunch that did got banned over it so, dunno if they were nuts and used it for afk though

the point is just that officially it's not allowed and can result in actions from NC, still up to you how you play the way you choose to play just don't claim you weren't aware of the offiical policy if this does end up biting you in the rear end ;)

eh im too lazy to farm ..:'D if would be ~2bils per day probably i think to go farm some refinary ...but now to low adena and to hard work to watch at macros all day long ...

25 minutes ago, Olialia said:

Or maybe need just delete your accounts? When you will log in game and start play - and reach minimum 99lvl... You will find that to for faction need to kill 1+10800+36000+82800 mobs - from "monster collection". 100 kinds of mobs... at least you kill 1? Or maybe you kill 82800 without ,macro? People want to have also private life. Just stop talking.

odd how most folks that are 105+ did all of that when the factions came out first and no such thing as macro system back then ;)

totally missing my point oh dear snowflake :)

and that wasn't that long ago so not part of any Classic as Classic will never be Awaken stuff

imho best solution would be for NC to add a Rune for Macro looping in L2store which will protect all chars that has it from not going red or dropping any gear etc. if Macro is that popular NC should monetize it!! :P

5 hours ago, Vassy said:

If you've searched the forum then I'm sure you saw GM Juji or Neutron that said that leaving your char unattended is equal to botting which is illegal. I'm using the macro without problem but I'm looking every 10 -15 minutes just because. 

Macro is just to easy your game play. Leaving your char unattended is on your responsibility. 

The burden of proof is on you. I've left my accounts running afk for days at a time since looping was added. Banning people for using an in game function is dumb and I find any claims of such highly dubious.

1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

The burden of proof is on you. I've left my accounts running afk for days at a time since looping was added. Banning people for using an in game function is dumb and I find any claims of such highly dubious.

nobody gets banned for using the ingame macro's, keyboard/mouse etc macro's is a different matter ;)

Really unfair that you drop items using In-game macro.

People are going to make you "go red", then kill you.

While other using BOT program are safe from all this.

So NCSOFT trying to tell us BOT program is legit and better?

Not sure how others make you PK them, when your in-game macro dun even set "force attack"

Edited by XuJY

On 3/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, XuJY said:

Not sure how others make you PK them, when your in-game macro dun even set "force attack"

first they drag you out to clear spot without mobs and hit you then your auto target will hit it back. they will purposely die several times to make you gain pk counts and finally kill you off and take your loot. its like a raid boss i think

• Like 1

On 27.03.2019 at 8:01 PM, Draecke said:

odd how most folks that are 105+ did all of that when the factions came out first and no such thing as macro system back then ;)

So WHAT if they did that? They pay for being at top. ¬¬

Edited by LordDragnil
Minors

On 3/28/2019 at 2:01 AM, Draecke said:

dont have macro but they have something better. yall know wat i mean LOL

Guest Duardin
On 27.03.2019 г. at 7:01 PM, Vassy said:

This is the truth!

I don't get worry for the guys who leave their chars and go to drink beer or fall a sleep and then crying in the forum that someone took their items.

+1

On 3/28/2019 at 4:21 AM, XuJY said:

it's NC telling you it's not ok to go completely afk outside town ;)

as they say in Tropic Thunder never go full..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkopwMiUpUapzbthQrP91

On 3/10/2019 at 6:19 PM, Draecke said:

way to much hassle, just add a timer to macro's same as typical buff duration aka 30min so that it's impossible for ppl to afk 24/7 unless ofc they don't sleep :P

This is the best suggestion by far. People can still use the in game looping macros & it would cut way down on those abusing it with 24/7 afk parties.

I play my main toon live, no macros,no afk,  but then I use the in game looping macros for my alts in party just to assist in attacking the mob just for more damage & a faster kill speed. I log all accounts off when I am done with my daily quests.

I don't do any afk macro parties. Couldn't even if I wanted too since I use my Iss in party to assist in attacking the mobs I am killing. So I buff my party manually, & only use the looping macros as a mob damage assist for my main.

I still get called a bot tho by people who cant tell the difference between playing live with assist macros and an all out 24/7 afk party.

On 27.03.2019 at 6:33 PM, Olialia said:

Every monster collection / 10k exalted Q x2 and everything done by hand w/o any kind of macro

• 2 weeks later...

I find complainers of macro loops typically have NO IDEA how hard a truly afk 24/7 party is.  I have a lot of experience in this field so let me shed some light on this.  

1. Macro loops only allow 12 Lines of code.
    How many lines?  12.  Yes, only 12 lines.

2. To be truly 24/7 *afk* ISS requires /target as 1 line and harmony as 2nd line, that's 2 lines used out of 12 for 1 character buff.  Without buff, no macro afk can survive unless you're in an area that's get nearly no useful xp.  ISS can buff itself out of MP unless /delay line is used, so that's 3 lines robbed to buff 1 character right off the bat, leaving you with 9 lines to deal with other chars and rest of the buffs.  NOT EASY.

3. Let's do the math: if your party has maximum of 3 people, that's 6 lines used and 1 additional line for /delay <seconds>, that's 7 lines.  5 lines for rest of the buff, you have to sacrifice 2 buffs and this is without POM.  3 people party 24/7, you probably could get only 1 DD, 1 healer and 1 ISS.  This is probably the most popular model since you just need a single laptop.

4. I run a 7 party system within the legit rules of ncsoft and here are the challenges:
   a. Mode1 (Not AFK): I have a non-afk BOOSTER macro that will give harmony to characters that normally doesn't get harmony in a persistant 24/7 mode.
   b. Mode2 (orgasmic AFK 24/7/365 Dreamland): This afk long flight mode can only give 2 characters harmony, that means I have to think about 5 characters not receiving harmony... and for most people, that means PARTY DEATH.  Out of 12 lines, 1 line is used for /delay loop, leaving only 11 lines.  2 lines to /target 2 chars harmony, 9 left.  2 lines to actually give harmony those 2 characters, 7 left!  2 lines to give POM to these harmony chars, 5 left!  Of the 7 possible buffs from ISS, I have to eliminate 2.  And 5 of my characters don't have harmony, including tanks and healer.

5. other considerations: PK scammers.  PK scammers are like parasites within your blood stream, they exist as a natural evolution to the imperfect ncsoft development's code loophole.  Be as it may to bleep and moan, it's a reality that we 24/7 orgasmic-addiction Dreamlander have to face.  You as the survivable of the fittest want a private life to spend quality time to enrich your life, like romance, sex, career that rewards you with self esteem, social status and money to buy a house or multiple houses, etc.  All that in a given 24 hours, takes time.  What if in that 24 hours, you only have 1 hour to play because you deem your RL (real-life) more important than this game?  So you adapt or quit.  In the face of real botting programs, that has infinite lines of code, with sophistication of infinite if-then-else statements and programming conditions, including auto brez, etc., we're faced with a real challenge of collapsing the entire game community.  so NCsoft took action and adopted Blizzard Entertainment's Artificial Intelligence breakthrough and NCsoft HQ wrote a paper on exactly using the latest artificial intelligence to help combat bot programs.  It's job is to help crunch mass data to home-in on a A.I. like pattern of gaming that's outside of the norm of possible in-game code capability.  Although this A.I. detection algorithm is relentless and capable, it will also detect macro loopers orgasmic-addiction Dreamlanders like me but they will make me the exception because I did not use any advanced features of outside programming.  My macro loop is very fragile, like I said, nearly no buff, no harmony, you go try it yourself and you'll know how hard it is when mobs, cast instant death spells, stuns your entire party and pull you away from your location... all these factors can down your party just like that...  It's horrendously difficult, if it were so easy... all those complainers would do it if they could - THEY COMPLAIN because it's hard and they can't do it, watching others FEW who could do it...  

Anyways, back to the PK scammers.  They're a natural evolution of parasites.  I'll tell you, there is nothing you can do, single target, next target mobs only, or whatever you think you can self /target at the end of macro or beginning, it doesn't matter.  You WILL BE scammed by PK scammers because I believe they employ illegal software to time it so perfectly, they will exploit the loophole.  Now, the scammers don't give a shit about getting banned, their account are only there temporarily.  Just like the gun control laws, who suffers?  all the legal law abiding citizens suffers.  the criminals will get guns whether it's the law or not, same with these scammers... they will use illegal 3rd party program to PK drop your Greater Jewels and other insane pieces because they're criminal.  They can only hurt law abiding citizens because the only way to combat those PK scammers is to use similar intelligent 3rd party software to auto detect a scammer nearby by virtue of the actions they're performing on me and stop the macros, but we can't use that... and the criminals knows that.  Some will claim you don't need a 3rd party program to scam, whatever.  My primary point is clear, for legit people with macros - life is not as easy as you think.  All the whiners and complainers, get on the program and try macro it yourself.  If you really can afk 24/7 macro loop yourself and YOU DECIDE in your F HOLINESS that you choose NOT to, then come see me.  Because I guarantee you if you COULD, you would.  You complain because the restrictions of the macro system make it so it's DIFFICULT and either you're under-geared or under-leveled or without patient to tinker with the macro system that's freely available to you to try.

6. Loser mentality.  To be a winner in real life, make no excuses for your sorry ass state and learn the rules of engagement that makes successful people successful and do and apply them in game.  Lineage2 is a mirror sandbox of real life because it mostly free and loosely monitored, just like the real world.  When I started Lineage2 back in 2004, I was making barely above poverty income.  Over the years, I have seen people let this game got the best of their career and marriage, crashed and burn either or both of them.  I am focused on what are the fundamental plate I wish to build my future on and that is, no matter what, I will never let this game or anyone or anything affects my education, studies or my career and I have a laser focus to get ahead in life.  I've have had to quit Lineage2 seven times in the last 15 years, from 2 months to 2 years, but never over 2 years and last 5 years, I have not quit unless I go on extended vacation like one I recently had - 2.5 months of total hands off.  I even lost my clan hall ROFL, I bought it back then.  Curse myself.  Anyways... the point is, be responsible for yourself, take full responsibility for anything that has happened or else if you haven't learned your lesson, the universe will come haunt you over and over again, until you do.  

7. I am grateful to NcSoft.  This sounds kind of dumb but it's true.  A grateful heart goes a long way in life and so I want to give thanks for NCSoft despite how much money they have earned or literally kind of abusing us, it's all free will.  They didn't force you at gun point to buy Nc Coins did they?  So when I think back of all the good memories and experiences of each tier of challenge and our creative ways to try to overcome those difficulties, I see it as one of life's biggest training and using a game platform, which happens to be a MMORPG platform to do so, I am grateful for the expansive meaning it brings.  I don't know if my real world income increases many folds has anything to do with this game or not, or the success comes from a set of methodology of successful habits applied everywhere, I know memories - not things are the only thing you can take with you when you die.  Because of that, creating good memories are some of my most sought after focus in life, I will pay great price for "time" and for the "opportunity" to create great memories.  This is a little beyond the game but just sharing with you that being grateful is a habit and this habit will lead to the "best probable futures" if there are 5 doors in front of us and each door represent worse probable future to the best probably future.  The right door will open in alignment with your energetic projections, positive or negative.

GhostintheShell / Kannouteki (original LE female archer from Seighardt)

Edited by GhostintheShell
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GhostintheShell said:

I find complainers of macro loops typically have NO IDEA how hard a truly afk 24/7 party is.  I have a lot of experience in this field so let me shed some light on this.  

1. Macro loops only allow 12 Lines of code.
    How many lines?  12.  Yes, only 12 lines.

2. To be truly 24/7 *afk* ISS requires /target as 1 line and harmony as 2nd line, that's 2 lines used out of 12 for 1 character buff.  Without buff, no macro afk can survive unless you're in an area that's get nearly no useful xp.  ISS can buff itself out of MP unless /delay line is used, so that's 3 lines robbed to buff 1 character right off the bat, leaving you with 9 lines to deal with other chars and rest of the buffs.  NOT EASY.

3. Let's do the math: if your party has maximum of 3 people, that's 6 lines used and 1 additional line for /delay <seconds>, that's 7 lines.  5 lines for rest of the buff, you have to sacrifice 2 buffs and this is without POM.  3 people party 24/7, you probably could get only 1 DD, 1 healer and 1 ISS.  This is probably the most popular model since you just need a single laptop.

4. I run a 7 party system within the legit rules of ncsoft and here are the challenges:
   a. Mode1 (Not AFK): I have a non-afk BOOSTER macro that will give harmony to characters that normally doesn't get harmony in a persistant 24/7 mode.
   b. Mode2 (orgasmic AFK 24/7/365 Dreamland): This afk long flight mode can only give 2 characters harmony, that means I have to think about 5 characters not receiving harmony... and for most people, that means PARTY DEATH.  Out of 12 lines, 1 line is used for /delay loop, leaving only 11 lines.  2 lines to /target 2 chars harmony, 9 left.  2 lines to actually give harmony those 2 characters, 7 left!  2 lines to give POM to these harmony chars, 5 left!  Of the 7 possible buffs from ISS, I have to eliminate 2.  And 5 of my characters don't have harmony, including tanks and healer.

Sorry if I ask regarding 12 lines of macro. ISS buffs lvl101 have trio sonata and 103 ensemble melody that combine both into 1 skill so that 2 lines for sonata+melodies. 1 line for delay and 9 lines left for harmony that's enough harmony for 4 toons excluding healer and ISS itself do not need harmony I think. last line can be the resistance buff or PoM for 1 super dps. yeah 1 toon is left without harmony maybe for lesser usage for said party.

For me its not economic to go PoM for long macro and did not use any shiny expensive gear just for the sake of adena. If PoM really needed I guess you can opt for another ISS (maybe another type for different buff usage like ISS sword muse or spectral dancer) in party since you can box full party of 7.

With extra ISS can use it for debuffing or another macro usage like 1 ISS for melody and another for sonata+harmony.

About PK scammer I found out they using monster collection on lvl99 box toon to get targeted toon PK. I did not test about /targetnext on monster still can be exploited or not.

Edited by Xess

trio combined lv.103 is for self only.  yeah long haul flights, maybe POM isn't as needed... going have to experiment on that, but that's good catch.  POM is best for raids on compressed time.  I just didn't have to have too many variations of macros as I don't let my party go afk, i always watch them nowadays, and can remote monitor them, brez and resume via my cell phone anywhere.

2 POM freed up can provide the final melody and sonata OR /target healer and give Wizard since Healer running out of healing MP sometimes is the reason why party dies or the resuse rate too slow  OR /target tank with Knights Lv.2.

Edited by GhostintheShell

• 4 weeks later...

How about people who do not like this feature play on Classic, or just do not use it?

Some people are so full of themselves, they can only think about themselves, and want to force their style of game play upon everyone else.

But nothing to worry, NC has the right idea. The macro system is here to stay, no matter if a small, but vocal minority on the provincial US servers would like to have it their way.