Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 4 a.m. PST /  6 a.m. CST / 7 a.m. EST / 1300 GMT+1 will be unavailable for approximately 5 hours

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Lineage II Classic: Saviors update will go live. Please view the patch notes for more details.
  • The Saviors Hero Pack items will be sent to the highest level Lineage II Classic character on your account (only if you had a level 20 character or higher). The items can be claimed in your Private Warehouse
  • Over a dozen new cosmetics, PK Scrolls, boost items, and supplies will be added to the L2 Store
  • Dragon Pendants will be available to claim for 0 NCoin for a limited time (2/27 - 3/6) in the L2 Store
    • It is highly recommended to finish upgrading your Dragon Pendant to your ideal stage first before you start enchanting the pendant. Upgrading after enchanting your Pendant will result in the loss of your enchantment levels.
  • The Valentine’s Day event remains for two weeks

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Hime said:

• Dragon Pendants will be available to claim for 0 NCoin for a limited time (2/27 - 3/6) in the L2 Store
    • It is highly recommended to finish upgrading your Dragon Pendant to your ideal stage first before you start enchanting the pendant. Upgrading after enchanting your Pendant will result in the loss of your enchantment levels.

Here we go, here comes the first broken pay to win L2Store update. Good luck guys ^^ 

56 minutes ago, Hime said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Wv6zns7.gif?noredirect

different games different systems, nobody really cares about a skin / cosmetic item in lineage 2 to spend money on it but in games like csgo getting a expensive knife that looks amazing is something a lot of ppl do, havent played the others but im pretty sure its something similar. and what do you mean by "survive" lol every ilegal server has either 200 players on or they always die within 2 - 5 months.

Ok, let me sum up the new patch : 

Are you 76+? No? Then you don't care.

Can your clan afford to be competitive and partecipate in Epics or RBs 60+ to get Rune Stones? No? Then you don't care.

Are you going to get A grade weapon or armor? No? Then you don't care.

Are you gonna throw money into the Store to test ur luck and pay-2-win the new broken dragon pendant lv 5 +10? Good luck then. 

1 minute ago, zikeano said:

different games different systems, nobody really cares about a skin / cosmetic item in lineage 2 to spend money on it but in games like csgo getting a expensive knife that looks amazing is something a lot of ppl do, havent played the others but im pretty sure its something similar. and what do you mean by "survive" lol every ilegal server has either 200 players on or they always die within 2 - 5 months.

That shows ur knowledge about games and Lineage 2, read, learn and then start discuss. There are illegal servers which have more online than this one. Go to google and read some about f2p system and how should it look to have the best gains. 

I guess we can escape the Live server but we can't escape NCwest management...
You could have given the server a long life with minor stuff on L2 store that would only impact the speed people level up and some other cosmetics. Let's be real, 50 USD for a 50% Rune is already more expensive than any subscription at any Pay to play server and should already be enough to make astronomic profits with 4 servers averaging 2k players.

You want more profit? Upgrade your VIP system: Add the VIP 5,6 and 7 layers with the benefits close to the Tawain ones. Add new 30-day runes ( 100%  xp/sp) for 8k Ncoin, add more boosts to the l2 store. Create a prestige pack or something else for players to support the server and be rewarded. Any of those things would bring enough profit for you to not need to add ITEMS to l2 store, and yet again items that rely on chance to be obtained.

NCwest, you have failed again. We could live with the bots free spamming adena sell on towns and the army of bot summoners on nearly every single lowlevel area. That didn't impact our experience in the game, we could have seen past that. But you guys chose the EASY path of gambling inside the game to make your profits, and if that don't stop/change, the Classic servers have no future.

1 hour ago, zikeano said:

Lol your argument is ludicrous. Players will pay for cosmetic/aesthetic upgrades in any game. LoL, Fortnite and countless other f2p games prove that its a sustainable model. Implying that f2p must equal p2w is absurd. 

4 minutes ago, EmberofDeath said:

Lol your argument is ludicrous. Players will pay for cosmetic/aesthetic upgrades in any game. LoL, Fortnite and countless other f2p games prove that its a sustainable model. Implying that f2p must equal p2w is absurd. 

No, this is not. 
It's true that "f2p =/= p2w" but this is not a Fortnite or Overwatch. This is Lineage 2. And beside that, the game genre is different. It's an MMORPG. This is how "F2P MMORPG" develops. In order to make a profit they make you buy items that makes ur stats op. So you can go braindead and pretend you're good after wasting toons of money. Also, 0 protection against cheaters. 
In the other hand, games such as BRs or FPSs are "skill based" and are meant to be competitive, so they can't put "p2w" items into the game, that would kill the game and any kind of competitive aspect of the game. Reason why you only get skins and cosmetics in those game. 
Is there any F2P non-P2W MMORPG game out there? 'cause i have my doubts.

Well, that's a disappointment. 

I'm not interested in this, is there any hope of a protest? @Juji I Know you heard it before, but I don't think NC understands that the playerbase of this server is from 2 places, 1) people who quit GOD, mostly for Pay to win, and 2) from Skelth who enjoyed that server (pay to play) and wanted to play in NA timezone, and they did not have interest in Pay to win either.

You're going to destroy the server population at an incredible rate by doing this :(  Breaks my heart, again.

I think you are at a junction, either make the server pay to play, or regroup, cash shop items are going to destroy it to nothing.

1 minute ago, FatHips said:

Well, that's a disappointment. 

I'm not interested in this, is there any hope of a protest? @Juji I Know you heard it before, but I don't think NC understands that the playerbase of this server is from 2 places, 1) people who quit GOD, mostly for Pay to win, and 2) from Skelth who enjoyed that server (pay to play) and wanted to play in NA timezone, and they did not have interest in Pay to win either.

You're going to destroy the server population at an incredible rate by doing this :(  Breaks my heart, again.

Oh, so you were serious back then when you thought they would have listened to you and make a "non-p2w server"? Like with boosted VIP bonuses and 0 broken items in the store? 
Sorry dude, this is how things works here. At least, since the company was dropped and the game turned into free to play. 

Even tho, i'm surprised it took them 4 months to give us the first p2w store update. 

And, i may be wrong, since i know how they work, i'll try and predict 2 things.

1) But this is easy : Server will go down at 13.00 GMT+1 'till 18.00 GMT+1. False. Server will probably stay down for way longer than that. Like, 22.00+

2) And this is the hard predict : they will break the rates of the server. What it means? That i'm pretty sure they will mess up something and we may end up getting a "roll-back" of the previous rates. 

Hope i'm wrong with both points, but who knows! Let's see what will happen tomorrow. 

Archived