Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Hime

Hey guys, I don't usually post on the forums but I'd like to give a small feedback regarding this pendant to ppl who still plan on playing.

I'm not a big spender, but I do spend a casual 50 bucks on the game for various xp boosts and cosmetic stuff. Given the "nice event" NC brought us I thought I should try my luck (bad idea) and try and make myself a pendant. I did play for a few years on Chronos and I should have known what kind of money scamming events these nice guys at the company implement but I thought "hey, maybe they made the rates more humanly, lets do a last try out of love for the game".

Boy was I wrong. So I got myself 8k Ncoins and bought 2 x 3600 packs so 60 pendants lvl1

I didn't even dare to hope to get a lvl5 pend since the DM specifies the rate is low so in the end out.of 60 pends I had 2 x lvl3 and 3 x lvl4 pendants.

Besides one exception, one of the lvl4 made it to +6 then went poof at +7, all the other pendants never went passed +3...

So basically after spending 100 euros I found myself looking at my monitor with no pendant, just alot of polish with nothing to use it on.

So you guys do the math before even trying to go for a pendant.

Oh and the best thing, I was chatting with a guy randomly and he told me he spend a little over 3,000 (yes thousand) euros and got 3 x lvl1 +10 pendants and 2 x lvl5 + 8 pendants. So not even one yet lvl5+10. 

3 god dam thousand euros!!! Some ppl dont even earn that in 2-3 months !

I'm not here to cry and say i'm gonna quit, cuz i'm not. I just want to give a heads up to ppl who plan on spending a few bucks, not worth it.

It might be worth getting just lvl1 pends and.going for +10 for the 40%xp and thats where you should stop.

To be honest this is the last cent I give them since it appears they allow the event items to be tradable, next similar events i'll just use adena and get the minimum item.

I'm not gonna quit since I don't have time and nervs to start another game, I play it pretty casual anyway. And momma didn't raise no quitter :P

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Spolier said:

Actually you can lol, you’re clueless 

No you cant. If you paid for something 3 months back, and continued playing on the server, you cant say it "Didnt live up to your standards" because you kept playing.. read the agreement son.

@Juji can we have a civil discussion and explanation of why NcSoft has decided to go the route the live servers went?

I can understand money is needed since NcSoft is a company but why not add a subscription based server for ones that truly desire a subscription based server and ones that want pay to win items have that as a free range server.

what are your thoughts?

Is not a good ideea what they did, but atleast is not 100% pay to win because they let donors to sell pendants to players for adena, 100% pay to win if they put an item in shop and make ot untradable! But to buy a pendant from donors u have to farm 1 year :))

6 hours ago, GoNoles69 said:

No you cant. If you paid for something 3 months back, and continued playing on the server, you cant say it "Didnt live up to your standards" because you kept playing.. read the agreement son.

As someone who actually managed credit disputes you have a very rosey picture of claims.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:42 PM, Spavvn said:

Is not a good ideea what they did, but atleast is not 100% pay to win because they let donors to sell pendants to players for adena, 100% pay to win if they put an item in shop and make ot untradable! But to buy a pendant from donors u have to farm 1 year :))

Once you make a pendant level 3 then it becomes untradable. Or is it 4?

Either way, if you don’t make a level 4 or 5 pendant yourself then you will never get one.

159 replies / 20001 views

and they not even have the need to answer / lazy and lying, that's how you run a business.

well you could say they hard workers, maybe they just work on the next pay2win shit for the ingame shop but i think they already know whats coming next.

19 hours ago, Roflcopter said:

159 replies / 20001 views

and they not even have the need to answer / lazy and lying, that's how you run a business.

well you could say they hard workers, maybe they just work on the next pay2win shit for the ingame shop but i think they already know whats coming next.

Ya know they could have made so much money coming out with cosmetics that go over armor. Similar to that of transformation spells. People in this game would go nuts over masking their true armor in pvp. Hell even having an item that removes glows from weapons would have been amazing. The ability to mask what someone is using would be major in this game. Yet they decided to go p2w.... I wont get started with polls as they can't even handle the bot / adena seller crisis. Which they are working on.

Guys, people who spend money on item p2w and who are left in the server are more than those who write to leave. before the pendant there were 4500 ppl on line, after the pendant there are still 4500 people online. Ncsoft knows what to do, they put the pendant and they will put others because they know that people are what they want. I have a vip account 1, a vip account 2 and a vip account 4. I bought SSD, fashion item, scroll xp / sp but I can not spend all that money for item p2w with ridiculous probabilities. L2 is not a game for everyone, but only for those who can afford it. You can play free, but it's not fun.

I hope you are not repling because you are thinking a way to fix this. 
Whatever you do , you should do it fast.
I havan't seen SO many people quiting a game, that they deticated SO many months,this fast ! 

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived