Reconsider the Dragon Pendant | VIP Bonus or P2P Model

FatHips

I could make a wall of post, but I will save the time. @Juji @Hime please remove the pay to win Dragon Pendent from our L2store.

We recognize that the server needs sustainable revenue, please bring back subscriptions, or if you are unable to do that, make VIP status more attractive with larger drop/adena rate bonuses such that enough players will purchase NCCoins (And spend them on more innocuous items, like tp scrolls, shots, cosmetics).  Classic was not what we really wanted, but it's closer than anything else.

Please, anything but pay to win.  You will kill the game that we all love so much, so much faster than is necessary.  That's all I have to say about it, but I'm sure I echo the community, I can say for sure I echo my party and my clan.  

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I could make a wall of post, but I will save the time. @Juji @Hime please remove the pay to win Dragon Pendent from our L2store.

We recognize that the server needs sustainable revenue, please bring back subscriptions, or if you are unable to do that, make VIP status more attractive with larger drop/adena rate bonuses such that enough players will purchase NCCoins (And spend them on more innocuous items, like tp scrolls, shots, cosmetics).  Classic was not what we really wanted, but it's closer than anything else.

Please, anything but pay to win.  You will kill the game that we all love so much, so much faster than is necessary.  That's all I have to say about it, but I'm sure I echo the community, I can say for sure I echo my party and my clan.  

NcSoft,

If you could hear the discussion going on among some of the very high level people/parties on my server, You'd realize just how big of a misstep this is. You told us the store was "mainly going to be cosmetics and XP items", then 4 months into the server, you release a game breaking P2W item. We know you guys need money, we know that revenue here isn't going up anymore, if not trending downward over time, but expect that you will literally lose hundreds of players, including quite a few from the top CPs and clans on right now. You're literally putting classic on a downward spiral that it will not recover from. +1 to either Subscription / Higher VIP rewards/tiers / One item every 2-3 months that costs 20/30 USD (but isnt game breaking).... But this....

WOW.

/signed 15 yr vet

/signed

2 minutes ago, Necroed said:

NcSoft,

If you could hear the discussion going on among some of the very high level people/parties on my server, You'd realize just how big of a misstep this is. You told us the store was "mainly going to be cosmetics and XP items", then 4 months into the server, you release a game breaking P2W item. We know you guys need money, we know that revenue here isn't going up anymore, if not trending downward over time, but expect that you will literally lose hundreds of players, including quite a few from the top CPs and clans on right now. You're literally putting classic on a downward spiral that it will not recover from. +1 to either Subscription / Higher VIP rewards/tiers / One item every 2-3 months that costs 20/30 USD (but isnt game breaking).... But this....

WOW.

/signed 15 yr vet

/signed 

Tnx now we can leave.  

Ncwest never kern from their mistakes. The game destroy is started now.   They don't care about bots, adena broken drop, economy.     They care only about how to milk the players.     Russian servers had them for free. Here u can only buy them. Good.   Good luck Ncwest make your fresh started project an another desert. 

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

10000%

I'm sure people would gladly pay extra per month to keep this close to the old school subscription base that kept people on an equal-ish playing field. Introducing items that are insta-win items that will only be held by a select few hundred will run everything, and pull further ahead in levels, raids (higher level ones with Rune drops, which will also make people more OP) to the point where you have a few CP's that can wipe the entire server.

The community discord and world shout should give enough indication that this is an awful idea, and you will lose most of the players trying to be competitive.

my grp of 8 players will probably be quitting. 

I quit during GOD when the OE shirt event came out. P2W. It killed server. 

This will kill server. 

Terrible idea NCSOFT. You don't know your customers at all. 

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

I approve this message. These pendants are a deal breaker for me, at least 12 of my friends and I presume a large chunk of the community.

Even those of us who make over $1,000 a day would not play in an empty server, and an empty server is inevitable once you go down that road, every Lineage 2 veteran knows this.

Your poor judgement killed the Live server, what kind of imbecile makes the same mistake twice? Your Board of Directors needs to fire whoever decided this strategy effective immediately. @Juji @Hime

I'd definitely pay $15 a month to play ... I'm sure that doesn't sound good to NC since some people will spend $20k+ on a P2W game. But that is one person. Wouldn't you rather have a large player base instead of a few paying insane amounts on a dead server?

The sad reality is this decision is entirely made in a meeting room by economists. They know enough whales will spend big that it doesn't matter if the servers haemorrhage players, they'll still make their money.

Massive shame, a lot of people struggle with other MMOs as nothing compared to L2. Early memories of sieges on Lionna, first Antharas, all the way til the end of Freya. Even good memories of pulling trains of Kariks with @FatHips a month before GoD. Then F2P hits and so comes the joy of safe enchants in the cash shop. Real gut punch to give us the quasi-Classic experience for 5 months then pull this on us. Atleast have p2w elements from the beginning so 95% of us could comfortably have made the decision not to start playing again.

I miss the old internet, where the community was collectively smart enough to troll companies that pulled shit like this.

Like back in the day when top clans didn't recruit people who bought adena from farmers.

Imagine their surprise if nobody bought this shit, top clans could easily force people to boycott pay to win items.

Archived