Reconsider the Dragon Pendant | VIP Bonus or P2P Model

FatHips

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Jackl said:

Nope 

https://www.pcgamer.com/arenanet-lays-off-a-number-of-employees-ahead-of-ncsoft-west-merger/

All of NCwest is under the chopping block. Not Just GW. Department heads are scared and trying to drum up revenue. P2W coming HARD to NAClassic. It's over.

Posted this on the other thread. All of NCWest is getting "restructured" and "merged" which means it's justify your job time. Hence P2W bullshit.

What they don't understand is many people in classic spent THOUSANDS in retail. They LEFT retail to play classic. They will not pay thousands again. That ship has SAILED.

6 hours ago, FatHips said:

I could make a wall of post, but I will save the time. @Juji @Hime please remove the pay to win Dragon Pendent from our L2store.

We recognize that the server needs sustainable revenue, please bring back subscriptions, or if you are unable to do that, make VIP status more attractive with larger drop/adena rate bonuses such that enough players will purchase NCCoins (And spend them on more innocuous items, like tp scrolls, shots, cosmetics).  Classic was not what we really wanted, but it's closer than anything else.

Please, anything but pay to win.  You will kill the game that we all love so much, so much faster than is necessary.  That's all I have to say about it, but I'm sure I echo the community, I can say for sure I echo my party and my clan.  

same event., no safe enchant, thats it

I could make a wall of post, but I will save the time. @Juji @Hime please remove the pay to win Dragon Pendent from our L2store.

We recognize that the server needs sustainable revenue, please bring back subscriptions, or if you are unable to do that, make VIP status more attractive with larger drop/adena rate bonuses such that enough players will purchase NCCoins (And spend them on more innocuous items, like tp scrolls, shots, cosmetics).  Classic was not what we really wanted, but it's closer than anything else.

Please, anything but pay to win.  You will kill the game that we all love so much, so much faster than is necessary.  That's all I have to say about it, but I'm sure I echo the community, I can say for sure I echo my party and my clan.  

/signed

+10000%

What is ur KPI?
Cant u think in any better idea on how to maintain retention and increase revenue or is top down korean decision?

I'm pretty sure u can do a better job only by spending a few minutes in a meeting with someone that actually plays the game, why dont u make a open feedback with players in a live stream monthly?

I'm pretty sure that it would increase a lot of ur engagement with comunity, this would also get u better ideas on how to produce the new events/updates and prevent hacking tools in game.

I hope u read this and make NCSoft a better company at least in ur business unity.

gl

Think you made our decision for us about wow classic or l2! My cp prolly pays for 12-15 vip 4 total..and a ton of people will quit on you..
But I guess 1 person paying like 200 a month is better then 10 people paying 50.. simple economics right
My friend ran a l2 server on his pc at home 20 years ago that had as much ppl online as Gludio..well probably more since we had gms and no bots.

You aren't developing the game with new content exactly..there are no gms on your payroll .. this is just a cashgrab and destroys the game completly.

I dont post alot , but honestly i dont know how to feel.... seriously we all come overthere to play this game WITH A MINIMUM of pay 2 win or none at least.

And you put this garbage P2W items after 6 month the server are release........how u think player feel right now , i means normal player who try to catch up and have fun with the big side .

Really really disapointing Ncsoft. We dont NEED this and we dont want THIS. Keep ur p2w items out of the experience of the classic. I dont know if ur blind but , the majority of the community dont want this.

And yes , u will loss player if u release this sh it , what we dont need at the moment. Your destroying the experience of classic... and this was a problem for alot of player.. Server runned by ncsoft............... its sad to say but instead Innova understand this and do a WAY better than job then you guys on classic server hosting n decision.

Rly rly sad and disapointing.

HOPE U DELETE THIS FROM UR PATCH AND YOU SHOULD.

:(  game over, nc - shot in the knee

NcWest first p2w event that's so super OP and so dumb its ridiculous. Yes they will make money during this event.. Yes I can see hundreds of players leaving after this stunt, which means they will lose money in the long run.. Try creating more stable events and L2store items to keep the player base... Happy player base means more money spent.. Holla, clowns. @Hime 

If this isnt removed me and 7 of my friends are out.

We are sick and tired of your moronic bullshit.  You have fooled us enough, we aren't going to be fooled again.  You don't even have the balls to announce that p2w items will be implemented, wasting everyone's time.  This isn't the last item to be added.  Either you guys get ready to spend 1k every 3 months to stay viable or 2-3 k to be on top.  You will see parties snowball from the stuff they add.  Brooch is next.

This event is a very bad idea for classic.

I am vip4 from the start with 2 chars.

Now i am thinking of not buying again cause i have lived the same situation on naia ,where i quited my 103/105 chars cause the l2store items where so many that made a huge diference between players.

Yet again the dont learn from their mistakes and believe that people will get into that road again.

Xaxaxaxaxaxaxa.

No way i am going to spend again my money in a gambling event!!!!!!!

I have learned from my mistakes and i wont do them again.

But some people will buy and the gap between players will start growing destroing the game.

Gratz ncsoft for same mistakes.

So yeah..I would like to report a scamm/false advertising..
I know you guys are probably protected with an army of lawyers and the user agreement.. but a scamm is a f scamm

And if people think that subscription of 13 eur/month would give them more revenue then this vip rune system... kmon i know ppl with 6 vip4 chars runes and all.. 
This is just greed... and we have been blatently lied to and decived..

2 minutes ago, Vol0tron said:

This event is a very bad idea for classic.

I am vip4 from the start with 2 chars.

Now i am thinking of not buying again cause i have lived the same situation on naia ,where i quited my 103/105 chars cause the l2store items where so many that made a huge diference between players.

Yet again the dont learn from their mistakes and believe that people will get into that road again.

Xaxaxaxaxaxaxa.

No way i am going to spend again my money in a gambling event!!!!!!!

I have learned from my mistakes and i wont do them again.

But some people will buy and the gap between players will start growing destroing the game.

Gratz ncsoft for same mistakes.

I ran 5/7 clients for nearly 4 months with VIP 4 (Before I felt cheated and stopped handing them money) across 3 computers, with 5 of them getting over 5x. You cannot trust the numbers you see even on http://l2.laby.fr/status/ because you don't know who is multiboxing more than 3 clients on god knows how many computers. I came across someone who was running at least 15 clients just for fishing, excluding their current hunting party. That's 22+ logins coming from 2 players. 

P.S.: There are countless afk's in town called Seller1, Seller2, Seller3, etc so you also have to factor in the afk sellers.

You could make the argument that some people are running 1 client, but the reality is this is a bot fest. The bots are hunting the items, they are fetching the books and controlling the market (You can see this on Gludio because the price of Animal bones, SOP, and books have skyrocketed). They refuse to make the rates public because either A, they don't know them, B know they have botched them and refuse to admit a massive mistake, or C they want to make the players fly blind (if this is the case remove the goddam map and TP's from the game.)

We wanted a hardcore experience and we got it. Dev's ignore us, Drops are very few and far between, Raids have been buffed (and their drops nerfed), Live players are getting banned due to false reports and bots are not getting banned for x y z reason (Theory: Off the top, a banned player who wants to keep playing might reluctantly purchase again). L2 Classic is not for Casuals and it is becoming less for Hardcore players and more towards Wallet / Credit Card Warriors. That is the State of L2 Classic West, I played both Skelth (I had I believe 4 toons 55+) and Classic (had a major issue with sound drivers and I ended up not being able to advance very far). The only thing I would miss from this experience was the no drop from NPC death. I dropped a lot of stuff due to stunners on Skelth while trying to gather mobs for trains. I might have gotten the servers backwards, but my point is the same.

Right now L2 Classic West is in a very bad spot, and they are going to get a lot worse. Yet, whats worst of all, is that even if the CEO/President/Face (w.e. their position is called) for the NCWEST is fighting tooth nail and claw for us, they have 0 authority over anything thanks to the NCKR.

My Thoughts on How to Help L2 Classic.

Happy Hunting,

~November

The concept of Lineage 2 classic was appealing to me, as a NA player that started playing in open beta I've spent years looking forward to a game that brought me the same excitement Lineage 2 did in 2004.  MMOs aren't a genre that players seem to want anymore - so the variety we're offered isn't great and none of the new games developed truly captured the best parts of Lineage 2.  Classic servers have been announced over the years, but without workarounds like a VPN they weren't available to NA players - and illegal servers leave you uncertain of your character's progress or what malicious code might be running in the background.

This game isn't what a lot of us expected.  The raids, the rates, the class changes we dealt with each of those disappointments as they came up and felt bitter about them.  We were bitter about the level cap not truly being 70 like we were told, but we dealt with that too.

The introduction of pay to win is it for me, and I suspect many others.  I'm by no means your biggest spender, but I've probably sunk at least $600 into runes, chronicle packs, accessories etc but those were convenience items.  Things I could buy to accelerate my progress or enjoy some small area of the game that didn't fundamentally change the game.  I wish you had chosen to do a subscriber model of $10-$15/mo per client.  I understand that leaves out a lot of the target demographic so I accepted the VIP system - I wish you would have focused your efforts on it instead.  As FatHips has mentioned multiple times this system needs an adjustment to make it more attractive to more people.

Had you spent your time and energy on tweaking the VIP system - increasing rewards, or introducing new levels with better perks that were all convenience oriented that would have been fine.  A limited time permanent item that fundamentally changes the power of a character in PVP means this PVP game will have two categories of players 1. those that compete purely based on how much they spend, 2. those that have no chance of ever competing in high end PVP.  As this is a PVP game that's very disappointing.  What makes this worse is that this is surely not going to be the last time something like this is added.  So the choice for me is simple: spend big money on this event to feel like I can compete, or quit and save myself from spending any more time or money on a game that is going to die as a result of these items anyway.

The choice is an easy one, I wish you all the best.  I suspect the team at NCWest had little to do with this decision and has no power to reverse or alter it.  To each of you I offer you this advice: find a new company to work for that you can be proud of - you deserve better than this.

So, I slept on it,

While I am back and forth on a lot of emotions... admittedly trying to justify "it" and you all know what I mean.  I keep saying to myself: maybe they will space the events out six months+ apart, maybe it will be tolerable, maybe this will be the worst it will ever get.  But then I follow incentives and I know where it is going.  I don't think I've ever been truly more disappointed than now in a gaming company, aside from when Free to Play came out on retail.  What's the common denominator?  Pay to win.

I wanted to play classic more than any other game I've heard of since the launch of L2 retail.  I was never so excited; I tracked down 50+ people I use to play with via facebook, whatsapp, linkedin, anything I could to try to recreate my own classic experience! GOD pushed me out with its terrible content and more importantly P2Win, and now they will do the same here.  It's truly heartbreaking for those of us who loved to live this game for the better part of our adult lives.  I met my wife ten years ago through this game and I have been willing to hang on more than others out of nostalgia, but I am having difficulty justifying it.  If someone like me is on the brink of leaving, imagine other people not so mentally tied to the game?

The one thing I keep sticking on is that I simply feel cheated.  I feel like a kid who was given their favorite toy then had it stolen by a bully, then getting the talk from their dad about how life isn't fair.  It wasn't supposed to be this way. 

/sadpost

Archived