Reconsider the Dragon Pendant | VIP Bonus or P2P Model

FatHips

15 minutes ago, FatHips said:

So, I slept on it,

While I am back and forth on a lot of emotions... admittedly trying to justify "it" and you all know what I mean.  I keep saying to myself: maybe they will space the events out six months+ apart, maybe it will be tolerable, maybe this will be the worst it will ever get.  But then I follow incentives and I know where it is going.  I don't think I've ever been truly more disappointed than now in a gaming company, aside from when Free to Play came out on retail.  What's the common denominator?  Pay to win.

I wanted to play classic more than any other game I've heard of since the launch of L2 retail.  I was never so excited; I tracked down 50+ people I use to play with via facebook, whatsapp, linkedin, anything I could to try to recreate my own classic experience! GOD pushed me out with its terrible content and more importantly P2Win, and now they will do the same here.  It's truly heartbreaking for those of us who loved to live this game for the better part of our adult lives.  I met my wife ten years ago through this game and I have been willing to hang on more than others out of nostalgia, but I am having difficulty justifying it.  If someone like me is on the brink of leaving, imagine other people not so mentally tied to the game?

The one thing I keep sticking on is that I simply feel cheated.  I feel like a kid who was given their favorite toy then had it stolen by a bully, then getting the talk from their dad about how life isn't fair.  It wasn't supposed to be this way. 

/sadpost

The reality is this is an abusive relationship, where we are the abused and NC is the abuser. They promise they will change and stop hurting us, but they don't, and we the players keep coming back to get abused. No correction, we pay them to abuse us, because that's what's happening. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Amraith changed the title to Reconsider the Dragon Pendant | VIP Bonus or P2P Model

I can already imagine how the meeting went when they decided to include those items in the L2Store:

"So, how do we stop people from buying adena on illegal websites?"

"I know, we should offer them something way more overpowered in our store so they'll give that money to us instead!"

You know, if the buffs weren't so exaggeratedly overpowered I would have accepted it. If the buff effect stopped at what you get for overenchanting the item at +2, +3 I would have still been disappointed, but not as absolutely outraged as I feel right now.

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

Question, can someone explain me What happen with that pendent?? What is the problem with that, TY.

the problem with that pendant is that its the first of the p2win items in the ncsoft.

you can only upgrade it with $ it has a low chance to succeed, so you have to spend more money to be relevant in high lvl pvp.

the passive effects on lvl10 are so massive op that anyone who spend thousends of dollars gets to far ahead. thats P2WIN

and our great community manager @Hime or @Juji are lying about the shop and just milking the community. because 50 euros for xp rune is not enough money they need each month from the players.

And the best is they dont even have the guts to respond to any topic here.

36 minutes ago, FatHips said:

The only way to get companies to do anything now is via social media, because it embarasses them within their own peer group.

Post your pleas here, and don't sound like clowns.

https://www.facebook.com/lineage2/

Could also try MMORPG SUBREDDIT / #MMORPG Twitter. From these they are unable to directly mod / edit your comments, giving you more protection as well as more exposure. I would recommend posting on the mmorpg subs, then posting links to them on the L2 stuff. 

12 hours ago, FatHips said:

I could make a wall of post, but I will save the time. @Juji @Hime please remove the pay to win Dragon Pendent from our L2store.

We recognize that the server needs sustainable revenue, please bring back subscriptions, or if you are unable to do that, make VIP status more attractive with larger drop/adena rate bonuses such that enough players will purchase NCCoins (And spend them on more innocuous items, like tp scrolls, shots, cosmetics).  Classic was not what we really wanted, but it's closer than anything else.

Please, anything but pay to win.  You will kill the game that we all love so much, so much faster than is necessary.  That's all I have to say about it, but I'm sure I echo the community, I can say for sure I echo my party and my clan.  

This on so many levels. I cant say I am surprised, but I didn't think the ignorance of NCWest was this strong. They saw a decrease in users when they released GoD, then they saw another decrease in users when they went P2W to the point where they had to merge MULTIPLE servers, to now be left with 2. They saw how bad we wanted Pre-God Classic and how successful it is overseas. Even with the implementation of Free2Play, we gave them a chance because we wanted the game to be back to how it was. 

..And then they pull this. There are no arguments over P2W or Not P2W anymore. I was on the fence with people complaining that VIP was P2W, but my defense was its a Free2Play server, so if you aren't paying anything to play, you don't deserver to complain / what do you expect. But this is ridiculous. What on earth were you guys as a company thinking? You introduce a P2W event to a community that is specifically here because of our hate of P2W.

11 hours ago, KlausMorgan said:

They don't care about bots, adena broken drop, economy.     They care only about how to milk the players.     Russian servers had them for free. Here u can only buy them. Good.   Good luck Ncwest make your fresh started project an another desert. 

Couldn't agree more. They're just milking us with 0 regard for our opinions or the state of the game itself.

I'm not sure if I am overly relieved, or severely disappointed. 

You've given me a reason to stop caring, on any level about your game, or trying to compete on any level. So thanks for freeing up my personal time, I really lost any drive to push further.

On the flip side, you've disappointed thousands of players who really just wanted a re-release of the game. Would it have even cost your company any money to keep L2 servers running, and just milk the player base with VIP, 50% XP runes, and XP Scrolls? Why is that no enough for you? Why in god's name do you include an item that is completely unattainable by any other means than paying your company.

Some of the most imbalanced illegal servers still maintain content that is technically achievable in-game with perseverance.

Shaking my head so much. Thanks for the 4 months of hope, it's all gone now.

all my clans agree with this.

we rather like a subscription or some cosmetic stuff, or boost exp.

Not this kind of item.

you cheated all the players.

you are offering us 3 simple choices:

- Stay on classic server, but pay for survive and gives a lot of $$

- Stay on classic server, do not pay, and be a victim, not able to do pvp, neither siege or epics. Then people will quit

- Quit now, for saving money, time, and for being cheated.

That means that you will loose at least 50% of players.

That's a big mistake from NC Soft.

Correct this asap, refund players, stop this shit, or it will cost Millions of dollars loss in long time for NC soft.

Think long term, or your accountant will cry....

4 minutes ago, rikhey said:

all my clans agree with this.

we rather like a subscription or some cosmetic stuff, or boost exp.

Not this kind of item.

you cheated all the players.

you are offering us 3 simple choices:

- Stay on classic server, but pay for survive and gives a lot of $$

- Stay on classic server, do not pay, and be a victim, not able to do pvp, neither siege or epics. Then people will quit

- Quit now, for saving money, time, and for being cheated.

That means that you will loose at least 50% of players.

That's a big mistake from NC Soft.

Correct this asap, refund players, stop this shit, or it will cost Millions of dollars loss in long time for NC soft.

Think long term, or your accountant will cry....

Choice is easy quit and never touch NCSoft games again

You are right.

But They seems to do not understand all this meaning of this. NC soft seriously, if you manage like this. Just bankrupt now. close your company, you will save more money with this way.

Because you will become more and more like a video game ghost company.

or do smartphone games only... 

Dear NC Soft,

Please read the plea of your community. This is a tragic direction for a game that so many of us enjoy more than any other MMO.

You have such a passionate following, and this is nothing short of a betrayal to your otherwise absurdly loyal player base.

Roll the servers back. Refund all players for any transactions today, and throw the stupid angel cat buff if you are feeling super generous. 

We are practically begging you to not make these items available in the NC shop.

NC Soft doesn't care about the community.  They have repeatedly done this in the live servers, and now they are just moving to the classic servers.  They have to show to their masters they are making money, so they need a bump in the cash numbers, hence the event.  I don't know why they don't realize that a slowly growing server would be a much better investment then taking the harvest soo early.  They could have done this 2-3 years into it, and made 4 to 5 times what they have made today.  

All you have to do is look at the people quitting because of this p2w in the Quitting thread. Let's be honest there is at least 500 players who will probably quit from this and those ppl have on average 1 box. While the server can handle losing 1000 chars the people who will follow shortly after will kill it. Why not just give people a vote. P2W or 15$ a month.

There are a lot of stupid things you's messed up in this version of the game but none of them is as bad as pay to win.

Archived