Xigncode3 blocks Battleping :(

Draecke

4 hours ago, Draecke said:

@BmD we asked you to stop posting about things you have no understanding and as you seem to be unable to add anything constructive or helpful but choose to be just argumental and you do this not only in topics here but elsewhere too so I've put you on my ignore list.

Dagger & Alexiel, thanks for your feedback so far and I've opened tickets with the involved parties so let's see how that goes while I'll thinker around the issue myself as well.

Let us know what they say! : )

33 minutes ago, BmD said:

All in all you are getting a tunnel from holland to erase latency believieng to connect directly to a server in texas/chicago lmao

dagger is trying to erase that latency connecting from holland

This thing doesn't make any sense to me

Because me connecting straight to texas doesnt give me a much better route, however me connecting to NL does, not that hard to understand if you knew how it worked..

no real point to install leatrix if you use Win10 as Win10 already does most of that.. leatrix is something from the Windows Vista area and back then it was usefull yes but most of us that are technical enough read up what it does which is nothing but changing & adding some windows registry values and windows has improved alot since back then.

with regards to wtfast, best thing to do is next time you disconnect due to packet loss to generate a report, to submit a ticket request and add that report. best WTFast server for L2 used to be Texas 20 but regardless lately I can't get any to stay stable without dc's

https://wtfast.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

BattlePing has always been much smoother experience with better ping and almost no DC's and for half the price of WTFast..

I was getting constant disconnects with WTFast but only on 1 window. Packet loss was terrible. Running trace route it looked like it was my ISP. Contacted them and they told me I was the only one complaining about it. 4 tech and 1 supervisor visit later problem still persisted. Deleted WTFast and canceled subscription, 0 disconnects since. I'm no longer using and Ping reducing items. I can notice the lag difference but if I stop DCing all the time, I think it's worth it. If battleping works with windows 7 I might start using that instead. 

this what the WTFast support told me to do and it did help yesterday but let's see if it stays stable or that yesterday was just coincidence

Press the Windows Key (the key on the left side of the spacebar, between ctrl and alt)
Type cmd
Right-click the Command prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu. You should now see a black window with white letters.
Type netsh winsock reset
Press [enter]
It will tell you to restart your PC. Restart your computer.
Press the Windows Key (the key on the left side of the spacebar, between ctrl and alt)
Type cmd
Right-click the Command prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu. You should now see a black window with white letters.
Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt.
Press [Enter]
Type ipconfig /renew in the command prompt.
Press [Enter]
Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt
Press [Enter]
Close the command prompt and attempt to make a connection with WTFast.

The fact remains BattlePing is much better for me and half the price + I don't know if the above remains stable so I will keep trying to work with NC Support to address the fact their L2 Xigncode3 runs on 32bit which btw even Microsoft is moving away from as that's what's causing the problems with BP and get it replaced with Aions Xigncode3 which is 64bit.

Archived