Couple of question from returning player.

Boogeyman

Hello guys/ladies.

I'm trying to get back in the game from a long long pause. It's been several years I haven't played the game and I'm a bit confused by many things in the game.
I would like to ask the regular players, that are playing the game frequently and have the knowledge for the current state of the game.

I have 3 characters, one Summoner 90th level and two Dwarfs at 85th level (crafter/spoiler). I made them back in the days, because they were very useful for creating items and finding valuable stuffs that you can't with the other characters.
I noticed that I have some new abilities for getting additional items from monsters with my spoiler called "Plunder... ", but I see no replacement for the ability to loot the mob or as it was called before sweep. I saw some mobs becoming spoiled (aka. bluish color when they die), but I don't understand how to loot them.

Also, reading around the forums, I'm getting some feeling that I really should not play my dwarf characters anymore.

The other thing I noticed is the Adena drop from monsters. Is it only me or the drop is significantly reduced? I'm getting 400 adena from mobs that are ~85 level. I can't pay my shots with that crap.

So, here are the questions I have.
1. Should I drop playing with my dwarf characters and start at the beginning with some new class and why?
2. Why the Adena drop is so low?
3. Should I start playing the game again or not and why?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Interesting. Nobody knows or more likely, don't care.

I started playing a wizard class, my first non-quest item dropped at level 56, and it was some rope, not some kind of equipment.

what the hell is the drop chance in this game now?

if you like dwarfs Tyrr Warrior maestro or fortune seeker dagger play it, its not a good pvp or pve claas so for sure its better to play a feoh archer or support claas.

Adena drop sucks because they want you to spend real money, and to not let bots get even more rich

start playing the game if you like it, you will see in a few days/weeks how its going, its more about the feeling, some people make good friends and play togheter and farm togheter, other stay solo 

if you want to be a top pvp player, you will have to find ur business or just spend a few thousand dollars.

Good luck :) 

Hi @Andouille
Thank you for your reply.

I'm not having intentions to be some top pve/pvp player. I generally play for fun.
If I understand correctly my two dwarf characters are now useless and I spend so much time on farming recipes and mats.

I feel so bad with the current drop rates.
I have couple of millions adena in my old characters. I don't really know how I can support my new character when I hit 90+ levels if he can't cover "its bills".

I was willing to pay for monthly subscription on my main account. Is this worth it?

Thanks.

Unfortunately the spoiler and maestro are very weak in both pvp and pve now, unless you have OP gear. i only use my dorfs for crafting/enchanting.

A feoh class is a good choice for you, it's strong and really fun to play ;)

The best way to get adena without spending 1000's of $ is to join a nice clan that are willing to help you with basic gear and to do dailys with or grind together.

If you're willing to spend 15$ a month then i suggest you subscribe to the prestige pack. That gives you an Eva's rune, 100% drop rate rune and a cube you can get rewards from once a day. All are 30 day items.

Good luck and have fun :D

2 hours ago, Boogeyman said:

If I understand correctly my two dwarf characters are now useless and I spend so much time on farming recipes and mats.

I feel so bad with the current drop rates.
I have couple of millions adena in my old characters. I don't really know how I can support my new character when I hit 90+ levels if he can't cover "its bills".

I was willing to pay for monthly subscription on my main account. Is this worth it?

Like you, I returned to the game after playing from 2004 to 2010. It's a very different game now, which means the very first thing I suggest is find a way to manage nostalgia with reality. My husband and I, too, had all the "must have to survive" classes from back then. A Warsmith AND Spoiler were money makers once upon a time. Now? No. There are dozens of Class forums here and on the EU L2 website (search Google for the link) to catch you up on Classes.

Suggestions:

1. Take your dwarven classes and make their dual classes whatever you wish. This will allow the work you put into leveling the dwarven main classes no a complete loss of time. For example, you could have a Warsmith main and an ISS Blade Dancer. Thus, sharing the armor (Isses can wear all three types), saving you money on gear.

2. Start new characters from scratch. You can have up to seven on one account. Just choose classes you enjoy playing because asking a bunch of strangers what you should play never made sense to me. We may not share the same enjoyment that you do and vice versa. For example, I am not fond of healer classes, but I enjoy buffer classes. 

3. Follow the Path to Awakening quest line/guide to level up relatively quickly from 1 to 85. You'll gain free gear, soul shots, and adena. Some side quests may exist from back when you played the game, but I wouldn't rely solely on that to level up now. Truly, a LOT has changed (quest locations, mob locations, hunting grounds, etc).

4. Join a clan that best fits your goals in the game. Depending on the clan, you may need to prove yourself first before people start helping you with items to protect themselves from freeloaders. But you should be fine if you follow the Path as I've suggested in #3. 

5. Adena, overall, will be a challenge for quite a while, but once you hit Level 85 and Awaken, you'll be thrust into a new grind of Faction quests and instances. Do these dailies will begin to build your bank account a little (but not by BILLIONS overnight). You should not have trouble "covering your bills" unless you waste the adena you do get on things you "want" but don't truly "need."

The Prestige pack (monthly subscription) is worth it in my opinion. The Runes, as someone here already mentioned, is good to have when you are doing the grind. But you will also do fine if you don't have the Prestige pack.

Finally, when you've relearned the game you will make better, smarter choices of where to hunt, what dailies to do, what instances are worth the effort, etc. I hope you fall back in love with L2. Welcome back.

Thanks @L2mommy

That's the answer I was looking for.

I was worried that with these drop rates I wont be able to buy shots and escape scrolls for a simple grind around. I guess dailies are the first way to make some Adena.
Yes, I'll join the clan after I get some high level where I can't hunt solo.

As I said, I'm working on leveling healer (target Aeore Cardinal), which won't be possible to level up solo after 85+

Prestige pack will be one of the option to buy, but I'm not into putting thousands of dollars into a game.

Thanks again.
Regards.

On 28/2/2019 at 4:18 AM, Boogeyman said:

Hello guys/ladies.

I'm trying to get back in the game from a long long pause. It's been several years I haven't played the game and I'm a bit confused by many things in the game.
I would like to ask the regular players, that are playing the game frequently and have the knowledge for the current state of the game.

I have 3 characters, one Summoner 90th level and two Dwarfs at 85th level (crafter/spoiler). I made them back in the days, because they were very useful for creating items and finding valuable stuffs that you can't with the other characters.
I noticed that I have some new abilities for getting additional items from monsters with my spoiler called "Plunder... ", but I see no replacement for the ability to loot the mob or as it was called before sweep. I saw some mobs becoming spoiled (aka. bluish color when they die), but I don't understand how to loot them.

Also, reading around the forums, I'm getting some feeling that I really should not play my dwarf characters anymore.

The other thing I noticed is the Adena drop from monsters. Is it only me or the drop is significantly reduced? I'm getting 400 adena from mobs that are ~85 level. I can't pay my shots with that crap.

So, here are the questions I have.
1. Should I drop playing with my dwarf characters and start at the beginning with some new class and why?
2. Why the Adena drop is so low?
3. Should I start playing the game again or not and why?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Leave, game is dead, don't look back. Dwarves are useless now.

8 hours ago, Boogeyman said:

Thanks @L2mommy

That's the answer I was looking for.

I was worried that with these drop rates I wont be able to buy shots and escape scrolls for a simple grind around. I guess dailies are the first way to make some Adena.
Yes, I'll join the clan after I get some high level where I can't hunt solo.

As I said, I'm working on leveling healer (target Aeore Cardinal), which won't be possible to level up solo after 85+

Prestige pack will be one of the option to buy, but I'm not into putting thousands of dollars into a game.

Thanks again.
Regards.

You're welcome. I came back last year and felt a bit overwhelmed, too. If your computer can handle it, consider creating a second account so you can level a fighter or mage class to pair with your healer. L2 allows you to legally run up to three clients of the game on the same computer. And with the help of the in-game macro system, you'll be able to create simple macros like follow, heal, etc. on the healer while playing the fighter or mage. 

Currently, you can obtain free buffs from the Buff NPC in towns until level 95. I think I read that the next game update will increase the NPC buffing level up to Level 99 to help people who don't have an ISS around.

Yes, leveling a healer after you Awaken at lvl85 is painful on your own. It takes a long time to kill anything, and I found it frustrating. My solution was to pause my healer and create a Mage and an Iss. I can now run a 3-person party if I just feel like soloing my daily quests. No need to return to town for fresh buffs. Of course, that also means providing supplies for all my characters but I managed to do so without draining my finances or spending real-world money. Enjoy yourself!

Archived