About Classic and how NCWest totally missed the point of it...

mannos

I don't know about you guys but one of the reasons i wanted classic back was not the old activities or the old quests and never ending grinding system. It wasn't the old gear or anything else. What it was for me was the gap between players. That's the main reason i wanted a return to classic; yeah i missed the class diversity among other things, but gameplay was the main reason. But now that u introduced pendants in this manner and we have brooch slot i see, also a belt, a cloak... We are getting to that point where a handful of people (who are spending a few thousand $ every such event) are more powerful then the rest of the server combined. That in itself is the definition of "PAY TO WIN" which is in fact the antonym of "FREE TO PLAY" the way u advertise. Free to play would mean that everything (that impacts the game, i.e. not cosmetic) you could get with $$ could be obtained through playing. Actually what you're doing is more like a "demo". For example diablo 3 is free to play up untill level 10. You are not limiting level, but are limiting effectiveness of the character at almost the same degree. While i do realize that you are running a business, with this approach you will alienate most players slowly. There may be ways to monetize this better while still keeping a pleasant gaming experience. I think a subscription based service with a store where ONLY cosmetic items would be available is the best approach - being subscription based will probably reduce bot numbers too (hopefully). So, what do u guys think?

I have not tried the 4game servers - that company is shady AF. I am not familiar with apex legends but yeah i like the monetization approach of warframe... And warframe was actually failing from most points of view before deciding to go for that free to play model and it turned what seemed as a failed project into a hit. Warframe has an interesting story behind it (there's a youtube video from the devs about it)

Archived