Main class change

mrdmg32

Please refer to this topic ass the name, let's discuss pros and cons for a main class change also how many people will use this service if available so we can have a better understanding way we don't have the option of this change .

1 point NC earnings : + on my point of view, even if this will be a free service NC will have income due to the gear + skills change.

2 point game impact : + and here we will have many things like oly,clan party's, daily party,solo hunting.

3 point evolution of the game and classes : + so along the years game has change player's that have started whit a class at this point may have a good class others not so good , others may have just get bored and want to try something different so way don't let them !

If I missed something please discuss and keep it on subject.

Thank you hope people participating and we can have a constructive post and maybe NC soft consider this option or not if you guys think this will be a con.to the game .

hello,

+1

I remember few years ago JUJI was proposed a separation of main and dual but for many ppl this was hard to accept coz of many items that cant be traded.

Since then many things changed and maybe JUJI will consider to find a solutin that can make both players and ncwest happy.

My case: im wynn 105 and its not easy  to play this class. With the 200% xp event all partys are made in SOS and Elven.

Nobody ever ever will invite a wynn in a aoe pt and many ppl dont inv wynns even  for instances. So after this server settings will end its hard to imagine how many ppl will continue to lvl up their main wynn above 105. To create a new char its also imposible coz spended more than 100b in evolved agations and +8 Shiny shirt. And next update wont bring important changes for this class. 

So i will be glad to pay 4000 or even 8000 ncoin to be able to change main in the same way as we can change dual class on Red Libra event. I will also be happy to start a new char if ncwest will  put a npc who will give back all mastery Chap1 for all  enchanted skills, make  all evolved aghations, jewels lv4 and +8 or more shiny shirts tradable, thanks

This is an ever going battle for me. As I said in the other thread I already did various attempts. Even after offering 24k NCoin, making my Dual my main and even asking for a removal of it all so I had to relevel the dual class back to 105 the answer was always the same; "we do not offer this service". A service they do offer is restoration of your Dragon Weapon upgrade that you did "by accident", as long as you're tagged into a major clan and credit card maxes out every month. So in the end I lost all my faith in them bringing a service like this (which was a default service prior to Goddess of Destruction, to switch sub to main).

Like many, I have a Wynn main class which I haven't played for over a year, and didn't even liked playing that much any more after the introduction of the new level 101 servitors. The whole Wynn class has nothing in common at all with the original archetype it was based upon. The upcoming class boost for Wynn is nothing more then the removal of Servitor Ultimate Defense and an upgrade of the passive skill (105% P.Atk to 120% P.Atk when Staff/Blunt equipped) which after the Servitor Share etc. is only like 5% actually increase of P.Atk to a pet that has zero defense and zero AoE.

I have submitted various ticket too and the answer was the same so that way I would like to see people opinion or NC soft opinion what could be wrong on having a service that allows change of the main class .

I think this option will be use by many people ,I know for a fact half of my CP will .

The fact it's that this will bring more interesting fights in Oly, many will try lvl up after being left behind in that main class ,NC will sell boost ,rune stone to learn skills ,the new books also ,the need of gear for that class will add to economy of the server . Probably many will go for a support class (I will) and that will be a good thing not waiting for h to find a support class for daily. Probably we will see people coming back to the game . Probably some will change just because they got bored playing the same class every day (dual) as the main they can't because the class it's .....

I don't know if I am looking at this only from a point ,I just don't see what will go wrong ,way it's not available.

So please add your Pros. and cons .

I hope one of GM will jump here and give us his opinion.

PROS

~ Lot of returners back in game.

~ Lots of boosts from NCstore to level up the new main class. Besides that, imagine that service cost about 4k or 8k coins. Well?

~ Ingame market boost. Armors, weapons and stuff will be at high demand.

~ New classes will cover the gap that already exists in parties, lack of supports especially. If you check party matching, takes ages to find specific classes.

~ CP's will be more flexible and CP members will cover all the gaps they have.

CONS

~ NONE

Such a cry babies..... play your dual or just reroll. It's been said multiple times that such a service will need a major rework of quests, statuses and it still may end up as not what you expect, hence it won't happen.

15 minutes ago, mixa said:

Such a cry babies..... play your dual or just reroll. It's been said multiple times that such a service will need a major rework of quests, statuses and it still may end up as not what you expect, hence it won't happen.

Nobody cry here, but ppl dont have anymore 10 years to spend in a game to reroll and remake important items. So pls if you have nothing to say just  go in other topics and show your high IQ, thanks

32 minutes ago, mixa said:

Does it man? In 2008 till Godess of Destruction they had this service. It worked before, so why not now?

3 hours ago, maelys said:

Nobody cry here, but ppl dont have anymore 10 years to spend in a game to reroll and remake important items. So pls if you have nothing to say just  go in other topics and show your high IQ, thanks

Well you ain't fit for L2 anymore then.Besides, it's not me asking here for something that has been said no to more than once.Don't worry about IQ and such, all you should care is l2 on these boards xD

3 hours ago, Shoppy said:

Does it man? In 2008 till Godess of Destruction they had this service. It worked before, so why not now?

It was quite different back then, even the game itself was a different one and afair.

If you are willing to pay for a service like this you should simply reroll, the wasted Ncoins for the service just put into a gambling event and you are done.

With the bound Ncoin items next time you should simply think to not waste.

Mixta ,thank you for your involvement ,no one was to cry , it's supposed to be  constructive ,I don't get the part whit quest and race ,same q. U have on dual same thing with race apply to dual class so I don't see way on main should be any issues. 

Please refer only to the subject of this topic pro and con .

Thank you

@mixa is 100% right. 

besides the fact, that it will not happen, here is something you all should think about. 

The only thing that you cannot do with your changeable dual class, is participate in olly. Everything else is open for you. If Olly is the reason why you want to change, then you are probably not among the monthly top-10. Otherwise you would understand that it does not matter what class you play if you really want to become hero. It is about your credit card limit. It is about the clan you are in, that does not feed you points. And maybe it is about your skill. So if you spend tens of thousands of dollars on your gear and have the right friends and show some good knowledge about your class and your enemies, then you will be hero one day not matter what class you are. If those things don't apply to you, you wont be hero on your new main class either. Simple thing.

(ps: for some classes, better sell your house to be hero.)

2 hours ago, mrdmg32 said:

Mixta ,thank you for your involvement ,no one was to cry , it's supposed to be  constructive ,I don't get the part whit quest and race ,same q. U have on dual same thing with race apply to dual class so I don't see way on main should be any issues. 

Please refer only to the subject of this topic pro and con .

Thank you

See, this is one of the issues. Many things in the server files are connected in many ways, example is that only dorfs can be Maestro, only Orcs can be Dominators, only main can participate in Olympiad, given quests and statuses etc etc.

I really don't want to go in such a deep detail, but there are even more things that are interconnected and simply charging them doesn't work. Don't even think that red Libra has anything to do, it doesn't. Your dual is a disposable sub, that doesn't matter is it exists or not, your main though fills so the base fields in the db to get that character existing in first place.

Well let's see the facts:

We have option to change the race of the character ,name and gender so we're this will interfere with the status :

If you are not aloud to have dominator on elf ,you can first change race to orc then go dominator ,or I am wrong?

About the quest I really don't know to which one you refer,I don't know any q at 103+110 that are different for class?

About Oly this it's not about me wanting to be hero( I don't and never wanted) it's the fact that the game has change a lot and maybe pl are not playing happy with their main class ,or just Wana try a different class to challenge themselves ,I don't know it just an assumption.

Like I said before I will like to keep this to way it's wrong to have this service: if it's a positive or negative impact for the game .

On a daily basis pl are trying to do things with a party so having 2 classes that you like to play it's a better option then one to fit yourself in a party.

Hunting solo it also have a good impact having in mind the different zone of hunting (GC daggers, Tyr,evy.......Rafinary Yul ,mage,Tyr) among many others hope everyone get the point in what I am trying to say.

This will give all of us the liberty of setting a balanced char , that you will like to play.

Thank you

For all these things you have your dual class to have fun, challenge yourself and so on.

With the bare bone development team L2 has, it's very unlikely that they will dedicate resources, time and eventually risk of breaking the game.

It won't break the game a single bit. Classes are stored in a database. All quests, noble and exalted status etc. are shared among the character. So it won't be much different then e.g. an Elf Sword Muse doing a race change to Orc and then becoming Doomcryer or even Dominator.

If Korea sees that they have a potential 500 customers on NA servers willing to drop $80 - $100 for the service, they'll check into it.

Guys, 

Lets face the facts.(And they are just my personal analysis, which may not actually reflect the opinion of NCWest or NCSoft).

NC is using (if directly or indirectly; consciously or unconsciously, I cannot say) a strategy to strangle the game and make it naturally die.

This becomes more and more evident by the lack of incentives for new players and the high prices in the L2Store compared to other companies (Innova).

While on one hand it may be clear for them that the new generation of young players prefer other kinds of games, with more updated graphic engine, at the same time, they can't just announce to all the big whales that the thousands of dollars that they spend, no longer worth a penny.

Also, there are thousands of services for online item trading/adena buying, besides multiple botting platforms that make some thousands/(or maybe millions) of dollars (which use is forbidden by the game code of conduct), that somehow generate some benefits for NCSoft.

If you are a player of the new generation, that values having a great support service and being heard by companies, you must learn that these are not values clearly observed by this company.

Even with new upgrades, such strangling strategy applied to the development of the game will eventually lead the company to release the announcement of "lack of interest" of the public for the game which reflects into high costs and low revenue, therefore creating the ideal scenario to "justify" the shutdown of the game.

On the other hand, the classic servers came as an alternative to this situation. However, if botting is not taken care of, we know that this cycle will repeat again.

As a suggestion: NetMarble, producer of Lineage Revolution, is using Google Cloud/Machine Learning techniques to track user behavior and identify potential bots in-game. They will present a talk about that topic during the Google Cloud Next 2019 in San Francisco next Month. 

Why is not the interest of NCWest/NCSoft to use such kind of technology/solution? It is clear that the current anti-botting solution is flawed and can be bypassed.

So, given ALL the above mentioned evidences, I would agree that NCWest doesnt have any interest in improving in-game experience or acquiring new players, not for L2, at least, making this discussion a waste of time.

Morello

How this will be a game changer and not the : greater jewels ,broch, cloaks, circlets,new +30skills and all the others $$$$ items?

It will not just for a bit  unbalance the game ,but maybe I don't know things that you know so can you please add some arguments!

don't think anyone from the player base really has an issue if this would become an actual service so that's not what's stopping it..

the issue lies with the development team whom have said no everytime this request has been raised back to them, quite recently DIL from EU/RU asked for it again with the same result.. so apparently it's a bit more complicated at the database level to make this type of changes insofar as that it is to much effort (development resources are expensive and limited on an old game like L2) to make it a profitable service..

long story short: if you want NC Korea to seriously look at this you will need to make it worth their while so afraid we're talking about an initial high service fee with a real high demand tied to it.. maybe start a poll to gauche ho many serious takers are for this type of service and what is the max they're willing to pay.. don't think it will be for less then 8K NCoins so use that as starting point imho

remember NC is a business so start using arguments that they can't ignore aka 

Show-Me-The-Money.png

Archived