Main class change

mrdmg32

For the people that might not know or remember there used to be  a Sub to Main service back in 2009 (or 2008).

On topic:

I agree 1000% with this service and i will be willing to pay more than 8k coins (if u kept the same lvl ofc).

remember NC is a business so start using arguments that they can't ignore aka  

Thank you Draecke constructive ,that was the point of this post but many people don't understand and they add totally different things (it's not about creating new char or about me become hero or any other reason of this type) it's about a service that will improve the game play of the players whit a service that I think since obviously the game evolved so much will be used by many including me (I will gladly pay 8k n coin rather then name, class or gender change if you see my point).

I will like to see and hopefully NC soft too how many people will appreciate if available this service and how much are willing to spend.

Thx for your time .

@mrdmg32 If you really want this to happen, you should show NC the potential income of such a service. It will not be that easy to set this up, as many ppl here think. Right is that there is a Database with entries about the character and its main class. Of course that could be changed easy. But you forget about all the restrictions that have to be kept in mind. This is like quests that are only available for some classes or the fact that Dual and Main cannot be the same. Gonna be a long list of "if-elseif-else"-conditions to build. 

But as i said, show NC that it is worth it. Start a poll or something and let ppl vote if they want it and HOW MUCH THEY WOULD PAY! And make sure you do some big marketing for that poll in forums and in game-chat. Present options like [NO] [yes, 400 Ncoin] [yes, 1200 Ncoin] [yes, 2400 Ncoin] [yes, 4000 Ncoin] [yes, 8000 Ncoin] . (do not put a [yes, free]-Option cause that will not happen anyway and just destroy the poll).

Maybe even include the EU-Servers' and RU-Servers' forums. 

If you really go that way, you have my vote. Guess i go with 4000. 

++++11111

I spent a lot of money and time in my character...  (character's creation: 02/01/2007), and i dont want leave him, because i did everthing of the game with my main character, but im tired to play with titan...   

if i have chance to change, ill.

this service can be done every 6 months.

23 hours ago, Massacre said:

++++11111

I spent a lot of money and time in my character...  (character's creation: 02/01/2007), and i dont want leave him, because i did everthing of the game with my main character, but im tired to play with titan...   

Exactly. I don't want to lose my character which I've played with for the last 12 years, just because my main class became obsolete. I want my char to stay what it is, but the Dual to be it's Main, so I am able to do Libra/Chaos Essence on the Dual and make it something useful again.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:21 AM, mrdmg32 said:

How this will be a game changer and not the : greater jewels ,broch, cloaks, circlets,new +30skills and all the others $$$$ items?

It will not just for a bit  unbalance the game ,but maybe I don't know things that you know so can you please add some arguments!

Not saying it as a bad thing, but as a good thing.

finaly the people playing dual class's will be able to take the full benefit of a fully geared toon in oly.

2 minutes ago, SleepingPower said:

For oly no need to change main but rules that dual can participate.

So what if we get an update that spoilers are worth as spoilers anyone will what to change main and keep his level ?

That is not so good.

So lets just make it so anyone can participate in anything and 5 diffrent chars can take hero, lol.
whats the point of having main and dual class according to your logic lmao

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, Massacre said:

++++11111

Do not give up to play your Tyrr Titan. I have seen your gear better than me and if possible can be changed.. what's class would you like to play?

Please keep going and trying to play we are the best DD :) 

You do remember few years ago they ask us to choose between:
-split dual/main
-red libra
We choose red libra...
As many fellow old players said ....NcSoft is a business and the effort to make proper changes to have that service vs income forecast simply not worth.

Offtopic: Why always overnight born toons and their supporters ask stupid/imposible/things that has been discussed many times?Is not more easy to search forum about a specific subject?

3 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

You do remember few years ago they ask us to choose between:
-split dual/main
-red libra
We choose red libra...
As many fellow old players said ....NcSoft is a business and the effort to make proper changes to have that service vs income forecast simply not worth.

Offtopic: Why always overnight born toons and their supporters ask stupid/imposible/things that has been discussed many times?Is not more easy to search forum about a specific subject?

I cannot remember this poll at all, share the source.

From a business point of view, for NCSoft offering more services is a potential higher income. We've already seen that people active here are willing to spend 50-100€ to switch their Dual to their Main class. Even with just 50-100 players using this service, NCSoft will turn a profit on their development costs because the system is basically there already.

Also, the only reason Red Libra is so popular is because the majority of the server wants to play the flavour of the month. If next update, we know it isn't, daggers become godaweful powerful all the meta-warriors will reroll their Feoh Dualclass to Othell. Other reason is that mass enchanters still rather enchant Fists, Two-Handed Swords, Blunts and Daggers because the enchant successrate is/feels so much higher then on Busters, Casters, Retributers and all wanna turn a profit each Libra.

Red Libra should've been an one time thing, for people to correct their mistakes.

The Dual Class reroll is a game feature anyway. Just talk to the Subclass NPC and reroll back to 85. A normal player can do 85-103 in matter of a day. I've suggested this to a clan member that was waiting for Libra to reroll his dagger dual to a tank. He took the hit of having to relevel. He's now higher level on his new tank dual, then his dagger dual ever was. People just are to lazy to do this, but with the abundance of Scroll of Growth and the Fishing stuff, leveling to 105 is peanuts.

2 hours ago, Shoppy said:

I cannot remember this poll at all, share the source.

From a business point of view, for NCSoft offering more services is a potential higher income. We've already seen that people active here are willing to spend 50-100€ to switch their Dual to their Main class. Even with just 50-100 players using this service, NCSoft will turn a profit on their development costs because the system is basically there already.

Also, the only reason Red Libra is so popular is because the majority of the server wants to play the flavour of the month. If next update, we know it isn't, daggers become godaweful powerful all the meta-warriors will reroll their Feoh Dualclass to Othell. Other reason is that mass enchanters still rather enchant Fists, Two-Handed Swords, Blunts and Daggers because the enchant successrate is/feels so much higher then on Busters, Casters, Retributers and all wanna turn a profit each Libra.

Red Libra should've been an one time thing, for people to correct their mistakes.

The Dual Class reroll is a game feature anyway. Just talk to the Subclass NPC and reroll back to 85. A normal player can do 85-103 in matter of a day. I've suggested this to a clan member that was waiting for Libra to reroll his dagger dual to a tank. He took the hit of having to relevel. He's now higher level on his new tank dual, then his dagger dual ever was. People just are to lazy to do this, but with the abundance of Scroll of Growth and the Fishing stuff, leveling to 105 is peanuts.

Poll was on the deleted old forum, it was just before first red libra event :) veterans should remember that.
This split dual/main event had a very bad design...on short they split character on same account like this: main+suclasses+all items on a toon and dualclass nacked on another toon....on the same account. Thats why 99% ppl vote for red libra.

I dont think you understand the lvl of necesary modification for this swap main/dual...probably the cost of the project is way over 100 000 Usd and the succes is not guaranted :) For what? For 10-15-say 50 ppl who will use this service? Even if 100 ppl will use this it will not be enough.

6 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

Poll was on the deleted old forum, it was just before first red libra event :) veterans should remember that.
This split dual/main event had a very bad design...on short they split character on same account like this: main+suclasses+all items on a toon and dualclass nacked on another toon....on the same account. Thats why 99% ppl vote for red libra.

I dont think you understand the lvl of necesary modification for this swap main/dual...probably the cost of the project is way over 100 000 Usd and the succes is not guaranted :) For what? For 10-15-say 50 ppl who will use this service? Even if 100 ppl will use this it will not be enough.

I have changed my Subclass to Mainclass back in 2008. It was a service they offered just like the Race Change, Gender Change, Name Change and Server Transfer. I purchased the service, checked a few boxes in a form to clear up which subclass I wanted to make my main and during the first maintenance it was done. I recall back then it was like a $25-30 service. The mechanic is there, and they just have to revive it.

The Red Libra is only in demand for people that wanna play the flavour of the month class and for the weapon enchanters making money on all these idiots doing a class change every 4-8 months. Red Libra is destructive for the server, it screws up prices of items and party matching. There is nothing more infuriating then inviting a class to your party from party room, which shows up at the instance with a +15 Weapon with an appearance; So it's just +15 Apocalypse, and has +0 skills and not the slightest clue how to play the class.

As I said, my clan member did the in-game dual class change and paid adena. He now knows how to play his class, has +10-+15 skills and very happy he didn't wait for Libra. And this is what all people should do. NCWest is not making any $ from Libra, because it's a non-NCoin event. It been designed for people that 'made the wrong choice' after the Awakening. And thus, they should offer a service or similar service for those people that after all these years hide on their Dual Class because they don't enjoying their main anym more and don't want to abandon their 10-15 year old character.

From the people I've seen do a reroll to Kamael (back when they were introduced) or to Ertheia (on introduction) and even a real reroll because Libra didn't satifiy their need, at least 70-80% did regret their reroll choice, felt they were wasting time on releveling and eventually left the game. And there is one thing NCWest cannot have, and that's more people leaving the game. Naia and Chronos might show 2000-3000 online 'players' but there are only like 700-800 players on each server. Once the server population goes down to 500 players it's time to bury the game and close the servers. With all the decisions NCWest is making recently (Artifacts, Beleth Books, combining updates, competly gutted 15th Anniversary, not reintroducing Brooch Jewels to store/base game mechanic, and overall cutting content from NA version) even the most hardcore players get fed up how their game, their passion for the last decade is going down the drain.

Archived