Feoh Skill Tips for Oly/Pvp

Tobacco

Hi all,

Noob here :D

I've been trying to find good solid info on oly tactics, but everything seems to be outdated and nothing solid for after awakening.

Could somebody educate me a little on pre game conditions - skill enchanting, buffs, etc . And tactics in actual pvp?

I'm looking for skill perspective and combos. Please DONT go into gear discussion. 

What I've done so far and what am I doing during oly:

- enchanted 2 main wind aoe skills (updraft .., elemental burst) to +10

- sub skills - m.atk/casting/m accuracy - all lvl 4

- DIDN'T put any dyes yet - dunno what's best - well obvsly INT but didn't decide on the type of a dye yet

- prestige pack

During oly:

before the round starts: 

- wizard buff

- toggle essence of mana

- empowering echo

skill sequence when round starts:

- burst casting

- once I target the enemy - ruin

- ignore divinity 

- hell binding

- updraft destruction

- elemental burst

- repeat 2 last steps until enemy is killed

If opponent got to close to me - 

- magical evasion/magical charge

- crystal form

What can I do better? Please share your ideas.

Qs: 

- will enchanting body to mind give more mana for each time I'm using skill?

- arcane comet  - almost 1700 mana - worth using it?

- embody mana armor - don;t use it on the basis that if I get hit by somebody severely all mana is gone. Should I change that?

- what to do against archers? Hate them most :D

I'm on Freya. Nick - Brutella. Feel free to pm/addfriend

Your barrier should be up, otherwise you simply receive way too much damage, if someone outgears your by far then there is nothing you can do.

for archer, if they go into hide when match starts, keep ur dispariton skill ready when he pops out, use it and then hit him/ debuff etc.

note that he has dispariton as well and if he pops it try to hide behind objects or whatever

but reason you probably die so fast to archer is because your barrier is not up.

you can also use elementAl spike to debuff your opponent, lower his def attribute by 100, is also something you can consider.

dont use your burst casting immediatly from the start, many still have their defensive skills available and will simply use them when they see you used burst casting. This part you have to get a feeling for it, sometimes it is better to use burst casting from start, depending what class ur fighting.

And last note: oly is broken beyond repair if you are someone without top gear you will hardly enjoy it

Reconsider your opinion on dyes, specially if you wanna play oly seriously.

Suggesting you to put at least 1 set of wit and getting lilith soul, beleth, coc mental 40%, +- anthy or b anthy (depending of ur budget). Ofc the previous jewels shouldnt be ur main jewels (beside b.anthy). With a Fear setup, you can easely beat someone outgearing you (but not overlvling u by a lot for some obvious reasons).

It might enlight you, take a look at the vid and the channel => 

15 hours ago, Alb said:

Reconsider your opinion on dyes, specially if you wanna play oly seriously.

Suggesting you to put at least 1 set of wit and getting lilith soul, beleth, coc mental 40%, +- anthy or b anthy (depending of ur budget). Ofc the previous jewels shouldnt be ur main jewels (beside b.anthy). With a Fear setup, you can easely beat someone outgearing you (but not overlvling u by a lot for some obvious reasons).

It might enlight you, take a look at the vid and the channel => 

These acronyms drive me nuts :D I was like what's b anthy xD

Why reconsidering WIT dyes? I thought matk should be all in, wherever you can?

On 3/24/2018 at 4:48 AM, Bable2 said:

Your barrier should be up, otherwise you simply receive way too much damage, if someone outgears your by far then there is nothing you can do.

for archer, if they go into hide when match starts, keep ur dispariton skill ready when he pops out, use it and then hit him/ debuff etc.

note that he has dispariton as well and if he pops it try to hide behind objects or whatever

but reason you probably die so fast to archer is because your barrier is not up.

you can also use elementAl spike to debuff your opponent, lower his def attribute by 100, is also something you can consider.

dont use your burst casting immediatly from the start, many still have their defensive skills available and will simply use them when they see you used burst casting. This part you have to get a feeling for it, sometimes it is better to use burst casting from start, depending what class ur fighting.

And last note: oly is broken beyond repair if you are someone without top gear you will hardly enjoy it

The issue I had with barrier when I'm fighting smb who is close range melee lets say, they quickly put so much damage on me that my mana is gone, and then I have to start running around doing "body to mind".

Thanks for the tip with burst casting

6 hours ago, Tobacco said:

The issue I had with barrier when I'm fighting smb who is close range melee lets say, they quickly put so much damage on me that my mana is gone, and then I have to start running around doing "body to mind".

Thanks for the tip with burst casting

Well the thing is, without your barrier you are even a faster kill to melee DD.

specially othells they can be terrifying to undergeared feohs

8 hours ago, Tobacco said:

These acronyms drive me nuts :D I was like what's b anthy xD

Why reconsidering WIT dyes? I thought matk should be all in, wherever you can?

Sorry for the acronyms :x

2 set of Int, 1 Set of Wit and you're good to go.

Wit affecting the debuff landrate (aka fear). 

You basically need for oly, certif dual mental trait + physical trait. One macro to equip stun jewels / One macro to equip mental success +% jewels and switch during the match.

(I'm talking here, just about oly+-coc. This is not a setup for open pvp, sieges or such)

8 hours ago, Alb said:

You basically need for oly, certif dual mental trait + physical trait. One macro to equip stun jewels / One macro to equip mental success +% jewels and switch during the match.

(I'm talking here, just about oly+-coc. This is not a setup for open pvp, sieges or such)

While perhaps good for oly, i seriously wouldnt do this unless you are rich enough to change dye 2 times a week.

aside for oly you really dont need the WIT dyes. And you can almost forget about becoming feoh hero, its not skill

based anymore im afraid, only your gear and level matters and your skill/build only matters when you face someone of equal gear or close to each others.

so unless you have a real shot at becoming feoh hero, i wouldnt trade 1 INT dye for WIT

WIT doesnt increase debuff rate unles something changed very recently, no?

Fear setup is decent, but the cooldown is also higher than before & thus wont work very well two fails and you're screwed, but also the moment you fight someone the 2nd time they will know your tactic & adapt i.e stun lock you etc.

Key thing though > he is decent at playing & is fighting people that suck, even if they outgear him by alot in some cases. (worth to mention however is the guy is decently geared, few rebirths, lv. 5 garnet, +10 dark set etc)

@OP,

There is no "100%" skill rotation and each fight will be different depending on who you are fighting and what gear they have etc.

One tactic may work vs one guy, but it will not work vs another person, even tho they have the same gear & same class, simply cause they play differently.

Play around with friends in coliseum, why not use the same buff as you would in olympiad, practice. you'll have ton of fun, enjoy.

@Bable2 ;  The channel of the guy i linked above just show you the opposite, but again as I mentionned the setup doesnt fit for open pvp. Our buddy here asked about oly/coc.

@Znipo ; Keep in mind this is on RU. There having a shiny+10 is like having an Istina at NCW. Top oly farmers got Paagrio+shiny+eva shirts+ pdef-mdef. I might have linked one of the latest vid, check few vids before this one. You'll see him with a half set pvp+10, brooch lvl 3, no 7s, no lind etc. He basically doesnt nuke at all,thats why he has a PVE weap. Still ganking pretty much everything in oly including ppl with red bow+ruler ring (on RU back then, the ruler/seeker were something really rare) and/or dragon weaps. On the latest vidz he borrowed some stuff if I recall. Also no matter how they try to stun luck you, if they r perma feared.. :-)  

Shilu doing pretty much that. It's one of the only feoh that deserves to be watched in oly & coc. Others retards are just pressing f1-f4 like a piano not knowing what they do, just relying on the 5K Usd worth gear they have.

On 3/26/2018 at 6:09 AM, Alb said:

@Bable2 ;  The channel of the guy i linked above just show you the opposite, but again as I mentionned the setup doesnt fit for open pvp. Our buddy here asked about oly/coc.

@Znipo ; Keep in mind this is on RU. There having a shiny+10 is like having an Istina at NCW. Top oly farmers got Paagrio+shiny+eva shirts+ pdef-mdef. I might have linked one of the latest vid, check few vids before this one. You'll see him with a half set pvp+10, brooch lvl 3, no 7s, no lind etc. He basically doesnt nuke at all,thats why he has a PVE weap. Still ganking pretty much everything in oly including ppl with red bow+ruler ring (on RU back then, the ruler/seeker were something really rare) and/or dragon weaps. On the latest vidz he borrowed some stuff if I recall. Also no matter how they try to stun luck you, if they r perma feared.. :-)  

Shilu doing pretty much that. It's one of the only feoh that deserves to be watched in oly & coc. Others retards are just pressing f1-f4 like a piano not knowing what they do, just relying on the 5K Usd worth gear they have.

On 3/26/2018 at 6:09 AM, Alb said:
On 3/25/2018 at 7:38 PM, Alb said:

On 3/26/2018 at 4:25 AM, Znipo said:

WIT doesnt increase debuff rate unles something changed very recently, no?

Fear setup is decent, but the cooldown is also higher than before & thus wont work very well two fails and you're screwed, but also the moment you fight someone the 2nd time they will know your tactic & adapt i.e stun lock you etc.

Key thing though > he is decent at playing & is fighting people that suck, even if they outgear him by alot in some cases. (worth to mention however is the guy is decently geared, few rebirths, lv. 5 garnet, +10 dark set etc)

@OP,

There is no "100%" skill rotation and each fight will be different depending on who you are fighting and what gear they have etc.

One tactic may work vs one guy, but it will not work vs another person, even tho they have the same gear & same class, simply cause they play differently.

Play around with friends in coliseum, why not use the same buff as you would in olympiad, practice. you'll have ton of fun, enjoy.

Wow so much good info guys.

Def will watch the video.

It's just I had an assumption that gear rules. Don't get me wrong it does but I'm seeing ( at least on Freya) - players relying on gear and only using two skills, basically f1/f2 repeat repeat repeat. Already witnessed couple of times all those guys in shining armor killed by (what looks like) an avg player.

Thanks all so much!

Let's keep the tread lively, I'm sure lots of ppl can benefit from it.

Check out, gear is hidden but you'll get, again, pretty much the idea. Fighting vs brooch BRs with a sapph 3 and a PVE weap, 3/5 parts pvp. :ph34r:

Gear is a major factor, level is a major factor too. The third and last major factor is called "skill", our lovely top P2W simply forgot it was existing :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yan5DSJXkQ

NB: you will also notice he doesnt use his stance depending of his opponent's class. Ie: By default, when you dont pick a stance you're getting fire one, which is a DoT and the most useful most of times.

11 hours ago, Alb said:

Check out, gear is hidden but you'll get, again, pretty much the idea. Fighting vs brooch BRs with a sapph 3 and a PVE weap, 3/5 parts pvp. :ph34r:

Gear is a major factor, level is a major factor too. The third and last major factor is called "skill", our lovely top P2W simply forgot it was existing :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yan5DSJXkQ

NB: you will also notice he doesnt use his stance depending of his opponent's class. Ie: By default, when you dont pick a stance you're getting fire one, which is a DoT and the most useful most of times.

That's not the case anymore ... Now, whatever you do, i.e. change class, restart, die, one stance will always be used ... In Feoh MM's case, it's holy ... I tried everything... It was fixed some time after these videos ..

Didnt played feoh since I left Core (Helios, right before Salva released here). But we could do that with a simple RR yes.

Guess ninja change in salva? cuz I didnt see anything about it anywhere ? RIP feohs w/o fire stance in oly  i guess xD

3 hours ago, Tobacco said:

What about weapon? 2h magic blunt, without any questions? I know I asked in the beginning not to go into gear, but I thinks its time :D

1h magic sword, or caster - no good?

It depends of enchant lvl, 0 to +15 2h.... +16 or more  1h+sigil. If i remember corectly :) It was a test made by Juji many years ago.

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=248755&highlight=sigil

13 hours ago, Tobacco said:

What about weapon? 2h magic blunt, without any questions? I know I asked in the beginning not to go into gear, but I thinks its time :D

1h magic sword, or caster - no good?

the difference between the caster sword and retributer is so little it does not even matter.

The difference in damage is not noticeable.

What determines this is in my opinion the passive skills, with caster or sword you get the 20% Mana regeneration. and the +5% matk makes ur total matk almost equal to that of a retri. ANother reason for going either with retri or 1 handed is your dual classes, If your dual class is summoner for example u could opt to go with retri since that wep is good for both or if you are healer you stay with the 1handed + sigil.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:03 PM, Pleistoros said:

It depends of enchant lvl, 0 to +15 2h.... +16 or more  1h+sigil. If i remember corectly :) It was a test made by Juji many years ago.

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=248755&highlight=sigil

Yeah that's what I thought - many years ago. Things could have changed a lot. I've noticed caster and magic sword have same parameters

Archived