PK system changes on EU/RU - no more gear drop/destroyed

Draecke

And to all the people saying "this will lead to afk partys 24/7"

Well sorry to burst your bubble but thats the way it is in ANY game these days outside of L2. if you want your precious game to survive and the server to stay alive to some degree with some sort of an economy this is the only way to combat players leaving.

Wake up people its 2019 not 2009.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just make the XP loss 10x of what it is now for red/karma chars with no xp restoration on ress possible aka you go red you need to kill mobs or use scrolls to clear it and if you die it's gonna hurt you.. make it something like 10+% at lvl110 and see how that goes as loosing that much xp will actually stop some ppl of going on a pk spree :)

it's w/e though, NC just need to make a judgement call here as to whats hurting their business more these days.. loosing the afk macro / newbie crowd due to them being farmed thru bug/game mechanics abuse or turning this game temporary into a true PVP game where anyone can die the moment they leave town.

best fix would be to get those changes from Korea ASAP but they know about that for Months now with zero movement there so..

9 hours ago, HiccUps said:

Punishment for being red is to be disarmed...... O.o and you don't get the weap back until you are clean.......

FUNIEST POST IN 15 YRS IN THIS GAME !

So much wrong with this mentality...pointless to even start.

Cheers  *still lmao*

Glad to see that you appreciate my efforts.

Nice to see that I provided you so much fun.

I accept adena or items payment in game.

4 hours ago, Draecke said:

just make the XP loss 10x of what it is now for red/karma chars with no xp restoration on ress possible aka you go red you need to kill mobs or use scrolls to clear it and if you die it's gonna hurt you.. make it something like 10+% at lvl110 and see how that goes as loosing that much xp will actually stop some ppl of going on a pk spree :)

Between @SleepingPower & now @Draecke are u2 bent...seriously (not a rhetorical question this time)? Either no weapon and now 10x xp loss if you die while red.....

Simply petition for a pve server if you are that scared to walk out of a town; and, stop the bs nonsense in what is a PVP GAME.

*Shakes head*

imo, remove the pvp system, so that way there won't be any complaints.

The penalty for going red should be even harsher than it is now, since those crap pk scrolls exist. It should be smth like 1b to remove 1pk point to actually make ppl think twice before pk someone.

Also karma should be much slower to grind off, so it will give time to the others to hunt you down etc.

2 hours ago, HitsHard said:

The solution is easy. Make it so you go pink (flagged) after you burn karma. It never should have been so easy to burn off your karma anyway and you should especially stay flagged after burning karma.

but if there is no penalty in being red, there is no difference between pink or red, must have a penalty when a guy is red... 
IMO if u die pk, your items should break, but if u pay adena, u could repair them, or something like that... so ppl get pked, lose money and dont lose their items... if there is no penalty in being red, doesnt makes any difference if u pk or w8 for the enemy to flag

edit: if there is no penalty in pk, no clan will ever take dragons or epic world boss, cuz the top pvp clan will pk them so they get inside... they not gonna lose anything anyway, so they can pk their way into dragons w/o worries

1 hour ago, mixa said:

The penalty for going red should be even harsher than it is now, since those crap pk scrolls exist. It should be smth like 1b to remove 1pk point to actually make ppl think twice before pk someone.

Also karma should be much slower to grind off, so it will give time to the others to hunt you down etc.

"to actually make ppl think twice before pk someone." in a pvp game/server ......best asinine posts in 15 yrs grouped together......LMFAO

Cheers .......and I'm out before you find another chip on shoulder / hard done by individual to make it a foursome O.o 

Not saying anything is close to right with game dynamics on a multitude of lvls, but you guys are funny!

1 hour ago, HiccUps said:

Between @SleepingPower & now @Draecke are u2 bent...seriously (not a rhetorical question this time)? Either no weapon and now 10x xp loss if you die while red.....

Simply petition for a pve server if you are that scared to walk out of a town; and, stop the bs nonsense in what is a PVP GAME.

*Shakes head*

pretty sure I have pked 100x more ppl then you ever did and a few times even lost expensive gear/important augments cause of that so nope you can call me many names but carebear isn't one of them :)

regardless of whatever "fix" NCWest decides to go with I will still pk ppl that annoy me even if that means loosing gear or huge chunks of XP as that has never ever stopped me before althou having to get again active reflect 3x cause of my bad behavior did get tedious alil :P

I'm just suggesting some workable temporary solutions for those snowflakes that are unable to play this game Live and have the need for afk macro looping.. trust me those ppl when in my way will still be pked :D

back on topic, the EU/RU changes are facts - Innova did implement that and they got it from Korea Dev team so honestly it's just a matter of (potentially very short) time before we get the same "fix"..

intresting to know is that apperantly there were a few members of the Korean Dev team visiting NCWest office last week as per comments from Hime on Classic forum.. would be nice if Hime and/or Juji would give an update on what has been discussed andwhen we can expect in our case release of fafurion or if they will merge also the Prelude to War update (Japan already got this) into our release which contains many little fixes we've been waiting for along time..

https://forums.lineage2.com/discover/6/

kinda doubt they were discussing much other than Classic issues, but maybe...

Anyway, this interesting (foolish) change was made by Innova, a separate and independent business from NCsoft…you SURE they got it from NC KR Draecke, or are you just guessing/assuming? Maybe it is an easy thing to change, like server XP rates, and Innova just changed it themselves? (Assuming it wouldn't break any contract provision ofc.)

As you all well know (or should at this point), there is NO CHANCE that we will see this change unless it goes live in KR and TW and JP first... 

lulz ok so we almost certain will get those changes too eventually on top of the latest ones from Korea.. guess what's gonna be around to to stay

Automatic hunting:

• Auto hunt all on
  • Auto hunt all off

imho AllAroundMe and Zu pooled their funds and bribed the Dev team to legalize afk pve mode ^^"

@Draecke

Just because you play in your own solo alt clan, (which is fine), and won't see 110 within the next 10 years, doesn't mean you have to cry like a baby to change the macro system that is currently implemented.

Secondly, it's not our fault you are stupid when you PK people and end up losing items. But that doesn't mean we should lose an absurd amount of exp because we are a higher level because I highly doubt you would ever PK someone if you lost 10% at 110... if you will ever be 110, who knows.

Lastly, just because other servers are getting all these changes/fixes/etc... doesn't mean we are going to. It's quite obvious that NCWest does absolutely everything different than the other L2 providers. If you want what the other servers provide, then simply go play on those servers and stop complaining here... pretty simple right?

Also, i've never... NEVER seen you PK anyone... you just move spots or stop, sorta like the current Nova :D

funny how I only post about facts aka inform & create awareness like how Korea is making certain changes to their macro / pk system which they have already rolled out in EU/RU and you make it a personal story board :)

also did you really just tried to compare your limited experience (say 2 years ?) with this game to my 15+ years ? NCWest will do whatever the Korean Export team will tell them, unlike Innova they have close to zero ability to drive changes or enhancements that weren't already on the Korean roadmap.

going off topic here but you or anyone from your cp shouldn't talk big when you have never actually moved multiple times servers just to participate in PVP, I'm on my way back to Naia to join DH and fight MAX once the server transfers are back - stuff I have done many times during the time I play this game, go talk with Aizen for some pointers on how that works ;)

22 hours ago, muash said:

but if there is no penalty in being red, there is no difference between pink or red, must have a penalty when a guy is red... 
IMO if u die pk, your items should break, but if u pay adena, u could repair them, or something like that... so ppl get pked, lose money and dont lose their items... if there is no penalty in being red, doesnt makes any difference if u pk or w8 for the enemy to flag

edit: if there is no penalty in pk, no clan will ever take dragons or epic world boss, cuz the top pvp clan will pk them so they get inside... they not gonna lose anything anyway, so they can pk their way into dragons w/o worries

I am not suggesting we make the change suggested by the OP. I am suggesting the best long term solution.

It has always seemed like a bug that you can go red, then kill a few mobs and go straight from red to white faster than it would take me to go from pink to white after I hit another player. That is obviously unintended and an oversight by NcSoft.

22 hours ago, Draecke said:

intresting to know is that apperantly there were a few members of the Korean Dev team visiting NCWest office last week as per comments from Hime on Classic forum.. would be nice if Hime and/or Juji would give an update on what has been discussed andwhen we can expect in our case release of fafurion or if they will merge also the Prelude to War update (Japan already got this) into our release which contains many little fixes we've been waiting for along time..

https://forums.lineage2.com/discover/6/

That would be great if that is the case with prelude to war update. Hopefully that is the reason we are slower than others to get Fafurion.

• L2 Team
6 minutes ago, HitsHard said:

That would be great if that is the case with prelude to war update. Hopefully that is the reason we are slower than others to get Fafurion.

The next update will include both the Fafurion update and the Prelude to War update, which is why we are a little late to the party. We are still in discussion with the Dev team on a few of the new game system changes. We will share an update on the release date when everything is ready.

As for changes to the PK system, we discussed different options to address the issue we started seeing with the macro system last year. I will request for another update from Dev since other regions are now implementing drastic changes to the system.

Great news and thanks for keeping us informed! as you can see from the initial reactions posted here and other topics the whole subject of afk/looping macro's and pk's has been quite a loaded conversation so people here are looking forward to see how our region aka NCWest will handle it :)

56 minutes ago, Juji said:

The next update will include both the Fafurion update and the Prelude to War update, which is why we are a little late to the party. We are still in discussion with the Dev team on a few of the new game system changes. We will share an update on the release date when everything is ready.

As for changes to the PK system, we discussed different options to address the issue we started seeing with the macro system last year. I will request for another update from Dev since other regions are now implementing drastic changes to the system.

Best option will be no drop items on pk , no xp loss on pk , why would anybody loose anything if he want to kill another player . LOL and I thought this game was about pvp . 

Keep in mind, even in the first iteration of "Prelude to War" from December 12, what we will definitely get, the Demonic Swords, which will give considerable rewards (up to 5 billion adena), are not only dropped by monsters but also by players of lvl 95 and above:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/9857-prelude-to-war/?tab=comments#comment-75807

This means that with no PK-penalty all the afk macro-botters in Silent Valley and the Blazing Swamp will be farmed 24/7, while real players can always bsoe. I am greatly looking forward to the river of tears that will ensue xD

1 hour ago, Juji said:

Does it mean we have to wait another 6 months for mystery DEV team to prepare update while all other servers already have Fafurion?

Archived