Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Hime

1. by pass of raid boss barrier is an obvious exploit and you can log a service ticket to report such behavior so that offenders will be dealt with and Dev team can work on a fix

2. afk game play by looping macro's is not and has never been supported, even though some fixes will be forth coming once we get the latest updates from Korea the main fat remains that any type of afk aka un supervised game play is totally at your own risk - time to dust off that system login message that made this very clear!

btw to be clear I do not support any type of afk/fully automated game play but that doesn't mean I'm ok with players abusing game mechanics to ruin those players that do chose to play the game afk - I actually left an active clan on Chronos for that a sole reason when the clanleader tagged up a confirmed & known afk macro pk farmer while telling me he didn't care that afk macro players get "farmed" for their gear.

then to remove/disable macros also functions , till have macro ingame then its exploit for me , its like your char stay in town and u are afk and have way ppl to move you outside and make you pk that not mean its on own risk u are afk its exploit because game client  give you that function u are safe, also client give you macro + safe function to setup it and in moment players exploit it so if that its fine then just remove/disable macro or fix it 

none of that was designed for afk usage so try again ? :)

there's zero risk for getting karma if you use macro looping while watching your screen ;)

btw this is precisely why I advocate a timer function of max 30min on macro looping

actually I just came up with another suggestion for NC Dev, add a logic that when looping is enabled to disconnect chars the moment aka instantly when they receive karma.

Edited by Draecke
brain fart update

Macro looping makes this game more enjoyable for me.

The people who exploit the pk system do not make this game enjoyable. Punish the expoilters not the ones who use a functionality that was put in by the developers.

Also if you state that macro looping afk was never supported then why did they update the next target system to combat the pk exploiters? Also it makes macro afk xping easier.

All signs point to this should be a feature in the game for players to encourage them to play.

have fun looking up the official answer from NC on if fully afk game play through macro looping is allowed and supported ;)

you guys need to stop apply Western mentality / reasoning to Asian designed gameplay

as said before it's time they put back the disclaimer in the global system message login screen as for some reason you guys think NC has some kind of obligation here which is a tad delusional :)

afk game play is at your own risk, just like when it was done through l2walker/l2control/zR etc. except that nowadays NC will not ban you, you just loose gear

ps, using 3rd party software or out of game macro's for automated gameplay is still banneable so when using that stuff the above risk still applies durrr..

Edited by Draecke

1 hour ago, Draecke said:

you guys need to stop apply Western mentality / reasoning to Asian designed gameplay

Last time I checked Ncwest is a westernised company that is supposed to apply westernised philosophy in order to create an enjoyable game while still attempting to apply the Asian designed gameplay.

It is about customer base in the area.

6 hours ago, Yidao said:

Guess where Hime and her boss as well as many other executives in Aliso Viejo are from :)

It doesnt matter where they are from. What matters is the fact that they are marketing and producing a game for the western market, not an Asian market.

What works for them wont always work for us and visa versa. This is why we have slightly different versions of the game just like the EU.

There is a website called "Glassdoor" where (former) employees voice their opinion about NCsoft. You might want to check what they have to say on the matter ;)

Simply put, it is the duty of the Overseas Development Team, which is by the way located on the outskirts of Seoul and consists exclusively of Koreans, to maximize revenue with a minimum of investment. As long as the big-nosed dimwits are dumb enough to purchase NCoins, it would be irresponsible of Nam Taek-rim and his colleagues to waste even one minute on thinking about how to actually make the Western customers happy. They are not producing a game for the Western market, they are milking the Western market.

If this makes you unhappy, you might find more satisfaction in games produced by Western companies like for example Blizzard. I hear that World of Warcraft can be quite an enjoyable experience :)

Edited by Yidao

from my opinion ever since they got duped by richard garriot and two of their games shut down its clear that minimal investment for this region is required to maintain their products. at least they willing to continue this game not like some region which licensed to another company.

we playing quite an old game I know its not reasonable to say if you still want to play an old game you must spend alot of money to support it hence there are several old mmorpg games still alive these days.

for me I just enjoy it while it last, who knows when it will be. 

19 hours ago, Yidao said:

There is a website called "Glassdoor" where (former) employees voice their opinion about NCsoft. You might want to check what they have to say on the matter ;)

Simply put, it is the duty of the Overseas Development Team, which is by the way located on the outskirts of Seoul and consists exclusively of Koreans, to maximize revenue with a minimum of investment. As long as the big-nosed dimwits are dumb enough to purchase NCoins, it would be irresponsible of Nam Taek-rim and his colleagues to waste even one minute on thinking about how to actually make the Western customers happy. They are not producing a game for the Western market, they are milking the Western market.

If this makes you unhappy, you might find more satisfaction in games produced by Western companies like for example Blizzard. I hear that World of Warcraft can be quite an enjoyable experience :)

I am not into Hello Kitty Island Adventures, but thank you for the suggestion.

I would guess all companies out there are trying to maximize profits, but anyone with a marketing degree would know that happy customers equals increased revenue or even stable revenue. I understand your point and I also comprehend the state of the game since I have been around for a while, but the only way things will change is if we voice our opinions.

The people that constantly try to diminish people like myself that still want to see this game succeed by simply saying "Things won't change, or they are designed this specific way" are the catalyst and a cancer that will never help this game improve.

Also take the Glassdoor review with a grain of salt. Most employees or even customers that have bad experiences will leave reviews but if a customer or an employee had a decent experience then it is most likely they will not write a review simply because they believe it is expected to be treated in a specific manor.

Thanks and have a good day.

• Like 1

On 31/3/2019 at 12:44 AM, LightRider said:

I am not into Hello Kitty Island Adventures, but thank you for the suggestion.

I would guess all companies out there are trying to maximize profits, but anyone with a marketing degree would know that happy customers equals increased revenue or even stable revenue. I understand your point and I also comprehend the state of the game since I have been around for a while, but the only way things will change is if we voice our opinions.

The people that constantly try to diminish people like myself that still want to see this game succeed by simply saying "Things won't change, or they are designed this specific way" are the catalyst and a cancer that will never help this game improve.

Also take the Glassdoor review with a grain of salt. Most employees or even customers that have bad experiences will leave reviews but if a customer or an employee had a decent experience then it is most likely they will not write a review simply because they believe it is expected to be treated in a specific manor.

Thanks and have a good day.

I agree 100% with the fella above. By putting stat enhancing items in the L2Store and by NOT making these same items farmable to everyone is creating a gap between those who do not know the game and/or do not have the time to grind but have phat wallets and the actual gamers that know their way around MMO RPGs . This resulted in players quitting, old and new, happened to Classic when you released those pendants. Have some sense and bring glory back to Lineage 2. How can someone start from scratch or come back to where skills do not matter no more and aristocrasy has taken over? Even if someone manages to play 18h/day and tryhard grind, with the adena drop/ammount rate it still wouldn't be possible to reach at any sense of an end game, which is PvP, contesting versus anything other than environment of the game. You need to make some changes otherwise there won't be anyone left to play this game. Stop ruining the experience of us all.

Thank you

Edited by ReaperGG
  • Thanks 1

• Hime unpinned this topic