Hallucinate

Leveling from 20 and so on

Hallucinate    0

Hey guys, I found myself stuck in level 20 and having nothing to do, impossible to level up by grinding because of really poor Non-Grade armour/weapon and very low adena.

Char is 20 Human Warrior. Currently stucked on Gludin

The thing now is, I cannot use two chars at the same time or dual-box or anything else because my computer simply doesnt cut the job. So I am really looking to find the way on how to level up with this one character!

Thx

Jcl81    9
58 minutes ago, Hallucinate said:

Hey guys, I found myself stuck in level 20 and having nothing to do, impossible to level up by grinding because of really poor Non-Grade armour/weapon and very low adena.

Char is 20 Human Warrior. Currently stucked on Gludin

The thing now is, I cannot use two chars at the same time or dual-box or anything else because my computer simply doesnt cut the job. So I am really looking to find the way on how to level up with this one character!

Thx

Quit before you waste you time, or quit your job find a cp/ (AKA constant party) it doesn't get any easier.

Anllazsn    4

Open 7 days of attendance reward to get the fishing rod.

Catch 5 fish to get the 500 bait reward daily and fish at giran harbor 24/7.

Do the giran harbor quest for another fishing rod after your first one expires.

• Like 1

FIXXX    4
Posted (edited)

Attaching myself to OP.

Was glad to receive this two-handed sword that, for a no-grade item, is pretty cool. But why was I not asked if I wanted a bow? 

So after getting the transfer to archer I'm stuck with this sword, no 7-day bow. I didn't know there will be no temporary upgrade to the weapon.

I can sorta' see being able to level up very slowly being solo by using the attendance coins which you can convert to soul shots. But to what end?

There's no chain of quests you can work towards. No rewards at the end that will help you struggle forward.

Is there some newbie guide somewhere just waiting to push us to continue leveling upward or are we stuck getting 0.5-0.8 percent between having to sit and regen until we only get 0.1 and quit?

Just finished almost half an hour in Ruins of Agony with the Grim Collector (repeatable) quest - and guess what the reward was? 291 adena for 52 zombie and deadman parts. Are we missing something?

PS: The Dimensional Merchant has this menu option "I want to use a Timed Weapon Exchange Coupon (D-grade)". Do we not get such a coupon after transfer? *frown and shrug*

Edited by FIXXX
added a few lines to this rant

Cally    20
4 hours ago, FIXXX said:

Attaching myself to OP.

Was glad to receive this two-handed sword that, for a no-grade item, is pretty cool. But why was I not asked if I wanted a bow? 

So after getting the transfer to archer I'm stuck with this sword, no 7-day bow. I didn't know there will be no temporary upgrade to the weapon.

I can sorta' see being able to level up very slowly being solo by using the attendance coins which you can convert to soul shots. But to what end?

There's no chain of quests you can work towards. No rewards at the end that will help you struggle forward.

Is there some newbie guide somewhere just waiting to push us to continue leveling upward or are we stuck getting 0.5-0.8 percent between having to sit and regen until we only get 0.1 and quit?

Just finished almost half an hour in Ruins of Agony with the Grim Collector (repeatable) quest - and guess what the reward was? 291 adena for 52 zombie and deadman parts. Are we missing something?

PS: The Dimensional Merchant has this menu option "I want to use a Timed Weapon Exchange Coupon (D-grade)". Do we not get such a coupon after transfer? *frown and shrug*

Well, I did in the elf village quest the two quests that give 1k adena each.
About 150 times... together with two weapon fulldrops I was able to effort a loe D weapon.

After that it's just grinding mobs.
Getting D fulldrops or craft low D stuff to crystallize.... that's how ya get money for higher D stuff.
The 30-days weapon cupon do you get sometimes on a event and will be spawned into the WH.

FIXXX    4
1 hour ago, Cally said:

Well, I did in the elf village quest the two quests that give 1k adena each.
About 150 times... together with two weapon fulldrops I was able to effort a loe D weapon.

After that it's just grinding mobs.
Getting D fulldrops or craft low D stuff to crystallize.... that's how ya get money for higher D stuff.
The 30-days weapon cupon do you get sometimes on a event and will be spawned into the WH.

That does not strike me as the way the game would expect players to proceed. Akin to drinking a cup of tea using a pipette. 

FIXXX    4
On 4/1/2019 at 4:36 AM, Anllazsn said:

Open 7 days of attendance reward to get the fishing rod.

Catch 5 fish to get the 500 bait reward daily and fish at giran harbor 24/7.

Do the giran harbor quest for another fishing rod after your first one expires.

What is to be done with the fish afterwards?

Cally    20
22 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

That does not strike me as the way the game would expect players to proceed. Akin to drinking a cup of tea using a pipette. 

Well... on that low lvl you won't be able to earn 400k by just grinding with a NG weapon. :/
Back then there was no other way to earn money.
Your best chance is probably to join a clan and borrow left-over equipment.... and then grinding and joining low lvl raids for fast lvling till 35.

FIXXX    4
2 minutes ago, Cally said:

Well... on that low lvl you won't be able to earn 400k by just grinding with a NG weapon. :/
Your best chance is probably to join a clan and borrow left-over equipment.... and then grinding and joining low lvl raids for fast lvling till 35.

Guess I'll see how fishing works out as I don't mind leaving afk for a while. The prospect of using this 17 dmg weapon for so long, wasting attendance coins on it, seeing how SSDs are only 1 adena more than no-grades... Just so utterly ridiculous. 

15 hours ago, Cally said:

Yeah because NCsoft gave the classic servers much lower drop rates than we had in the early days of the live servers...

FIXXX    4
10 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Yeah because NCsoft gave the classic servers much lower drop rates than we had in the early days of the live servers...

No wonder I didn't get a single pair of crappy boots or gloves while leveling. Can certainly remember selling those to the NPC back in the day.

This time I only got a shield from all the mobs killed up to level 21 right now.

alex1985    0

21lvl join clan take free xp. farm on abandon camp ther s always ppl there lfp. afk times do fishing and take the xp reward stew. try to take cm dagger and join rb or without cm go for rb. dont think about d armor is waste of adena( moon armor from 25-40). make friends around your lvl for daily parties. enjoy game !! 

Piro    8

cm cost about 1.5kk iinm and most barely can afford low d at early game unless have friends that can help sure having a good nice clan that can throw you free weapon for loan or something

well rmt is cheaper now for just a cm to go raid with, not thats legal tho :D

FIXXX    4

Have seen a sword breaker (ng dagger) for 200k.

If I can take sitting for 4-5 days non-stop on fishing - then 200k is realistic.

Piro    8
Posted (edited)

think what he meant by using cm (cursed mainguche) or top D grade dagger is that weapon have bleed effect and it work on raid boss. even you do low damage (regardless of class) the bleed will take into account how much you do the damage and how much xp you will get in total corresponding to your total damage output on the boss. more damage you make, more xp you get.

so if you can not afford that particular weapon just go with whatever you have to get xp with raid parties or your clan. 

for adena of course I can not suggest you to buy from rmt but you can buy from l2store and sell anything you can to other players. for example we have pendant event last month and many can make adena legally by selling those said pendants.

for casual it really hardcore to play, for me I just take it slowly without rushing for anything.

Edited by Piro

tonguedance    0
Posted (edited)

I felt like answering this topic too, as it resembles me at early days

I play since lauch, but as im a big boy and have things in life to attend, i play like 3 days per week for 3 hours per day. U can guess im still low lvl (highest lvl is 40).

Anyway, i refuse to buy adena doing rmt, so i struggled a lot. If u dont want to do rmt, then u gotta have patience, its a long maraton. 

Maybe the way i did was not the most eficient, heres what i did:

- I created several lvl 20 chars, so i could trade the clan coins i got from lvl 20 reward for materials (traded for Stone of Purity or Asofe, check price first at market), then sold them at giran. Did that until i could afford top no grade (so i could use it with the new characters and make the lvl1-20 run much faster) and a cool D grade weapon (not top, but u can do this until u get bored xD). Armor u get a good one at 25 by quest, so dont bother. I remeber evey character could give 150k adena + or less at that time.

*PS there was a time a needed no grade soulshots, so i did the quest at the Spiders in Talking Island to earn soulshot/spiritshot. 

- 2 of those lvl 20 characters are dwarfs, one to craft ssd and another to spoil ssd recipe and low lvl mats - this way u can save a lot from buyng ssd 

- then u can leave a box of 1 char selling shots, another fishing, and another leveling (i think u can open more clients if u play lower graphics)

- Be patient and u can sustain yourself that way.

Do a support char for ur main, u will regret that if u dont

Good luck!

Edited by tonguedance

tonguedance    0
On 02/04/2019 at 4:40 AM, FIXXX said:

What is to be done with the fish afterwards?

at lvl 20 u can do a simple quest at giran harbor, which gives u a 10 day fishing rod

then u buy 5 baits from fisherman, equip them baits, and go to water fish. After 5 fishing attempts the game rewards you with 500 baits, every day through the reward system (500 baits free everyday day)

with the fishs, u can trade them at fisherman guy to get stews (buffs), the main one being the 10% xp one. Or you can sell them to people and make some adena too. At fisherman guy u can see everything u can get with the fishs

FIXXX    4
18 hours ago, tonguedance said:

at lvl 20 u can do a simple quest at giran harbor, which gives u a 10 day fishing rod

then u buy 5 baits from fisherman, equip them baits, and go to water fish. After 5 fishing attempts the game rewards you with 500 baits, every day through the reward system (500 baits free everyday day)

with the fishs, u can trade them at fisherman guy to get stews (buffs), the main one being the 10% xp one. Or you can sell them to people and make some adena too. At fisherman guy u can see everything u can get with the fishs

Yup already doing this. Though for now im just selling the fish to people after checking the harbour and Giran to see who has the best price. Buffs are good but only when you have decent gear so not to die when more than 2 mobs gang up on you.

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2019 at 4:56 AM, FIXXX said:

No wonder I didn't get a single pair of crappy boots or gloves while leveling. Can certainly remember selling those to the NPC back in the day.

This time I only got a shield from all the mobs killed up to level 21 right now.

Yeah that's a large driver behind the bots. Sure there are bots on the live server but nowhere near the infestation of the classic servers. When you have to complete a kill quest 250 something times just to buy a d grade weapon then you're going to get a LOT of people say fugg it and start botting for adena...

I personally run a full 9 man party on my own from the start of the classic servers. So I benefited from the weapon events. Out of all 9 main character and 30 alts I managed to get one top D weapon from the box event. While grinding I've had two weapons drop by the time I hit 40. A complete crap NG item and a knights sword (52 patk d grade one handed sword) that my tank is still using past 40...  I don't use shots at all and my income is still abysmal compared to live in the early days...

After fighting through seas of bots to get the second class transfers completed I can see why people have just given up and started mass botting ponies..

Edited by Tool_of_Society