SURVEY: How many players from 2004/2005 still "kicking and playing"?

Started on C1 in an argentinian private x1 server (Gravedad Zero, great community with live meetings) around 2004 (the time where one would travel from TI to Gludin by boat or swimming + soe) until around C4-Interlude, from there on jumping on and off between servers until I arrived here on 2011 during the F2P Era. Dark Avenger since I red the class descriptions, eventually Treasure Hunter (did you know the name of the class is switched with Bounty Hunter, the dwarf class, but then in fixed in the 3rd class?) or Necromancer

1. Where you're from : Perú

2. Char name and class: Keoz, Hell Knight / Adventurer  

3. Original server : Bartz 2011, then Freya on merge and transfered to Chronos last September as XKeoz

4. Level and % today : 103 - 86% / 101 - 8%

5. How many times did you quit and come back : Lot of times on months or year long pauses, but more stable since 2015 or 2016

• Like 1

1. Romania

2.Pleistoros/ISS Hiero

3.I start play round 2006, but only for a short period, on a private server(Kamael Chronicle) and i come on official Shilen when was up with GOD.

4.main 101 40% dual 102 2%

5. you should refine "quit" word :) talking about my self only round 6 months i didnt open the L2 ...allthru I find more interesting Aden architecture then TV programs. Its also true i have many chars 85-99 and some 100-101. And finaly...there were only few days when i didnt log ....just for 5-10 min to check things up.

• Like 1

1. West Coast Murica.

2. Yul Sagitarrius/ISS

3. Sieghardt then Erica due to ridiculous Shot lag in the first year.

4. 96/101.10 Total buffbot now that I work too much to play.

5. 4 I think? BDO and archeage got close. But every MMO just keeps watering down player interaction. Even now I'm little more than Siege/Raid support.

• Like 1

Heya Mate, 

1. Bulgaria

2. Argus originally Adventurer // after GOD switched main to YUL Sagittarius 

3. Started at Bartz with other chars, SWS, TH, SK, went later with the TH only - Luna server till the Merge! 

4. Yul 101, dual Othell 99lvl 80% - Soon will lvl up and gear

5. 2012 when I saw GOD, played for 10-12 days and quit, quit for 6 years :) now again play a bit 

Early years of L2 were the best, those low lvl pvp's, grind, low level sieges :D game was perfect, the Golden Era of L2 

Cheers guys, have a good one !!! :P

• Like 1

Greece

Monkeylover.  Moonlight sentinel 81/ adventurer 80. 

From 2006-2010 devianne,  2011 til god release on bartz.  Toon deleted.

Currently digitalm  evi/yul 101 and lfc on chronos and a helping hand for grinding! 

Quitted after god release and came back like 10 months ago..

Game isn't the same at all,  but still dion has the greatest ost!  

Cheers

Edited by Monkey
Further info
  • Like 1

1. GREECE

2. First Start with Nick "Sigma" Then "NotoriousOne", for some time played with "youareonlyforme", "Phazer", "JohnConner"

3. Start on l1 in the begin of 1999, then jumped to l2  preloud Tritan Server aound late 2003 then September 2006  start on Devianne then Chronos

4. 103 20%

5. Never really quit but more and more lower activity.

• Like 1

1. Where you're from: Singapore 

2. Char name and class: Lindethiel, Iss Spectral Dancer

3. Original server: Lionna -> Bartz -> Freya (Current)

4. Level and % today: 101

5. How many times did you quit and come back?: At least 5 times or more, left to play Aion, came back after guild died, left to play blade and soul, came back after guild died, left to play tera online, came back after got bored at end game, left to play black desert online, came back after got bored with enchanting system and grinding, in between left a while because tired of the pay to win system in lineage 2. Now I have no idea why I'm still playing this game. Lore is beautiful, only bad thing is pay to win is too expensive. $50 a month should be a decent amount to play a game.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 8:33 PM, GhostintheShell said:

On 3/27/2018 at 8:33 PM, GhostintheShell said:

1. Where you're from: New York USA

2. Char name and class: FattyBeltBuckle> Maestro / Rokkor> Spellhowler

3. Original server: Lionna

4. Level and % today: 105/104 32%

5. How many times did you quit and come back? Twice, first time during  interlude , came back during Kamael, , second time right before Infinite Odyssey came back for Helios.

How many of us are left?  Less than 20, more?  Way off, close? 

Edited by FattyBeltBuckle
  • Like 1

Started on Devianne back when shots weren't automated and you damn near got arthritis clicking them; back when making it just to level 10 took a few days; back when agro Trees scared the sh** out of everybody;  back when players would regularly get PK'ed coming out of the serpentine tunnel from DE Village; back when you dropped items on death, especially that Cedar Staff that took you forever to save up enough adena to buy; back when you actually had to decide if you were going to spend money on shots or go without, because you couldn't afford to hunt with them all of the time and still afford other equipment; back when no one could afford to use teleports, so you ran everywhere; and if you did teleport to Gludio, your computer would likely lock up for several minutes because the lag was that bad; back when everyone's new best friend was either a dwarf crafter or a buffer/healer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. Italy

2. 1st toon BlacMagic phantom ranger rtired, since 2005 DemonicLust spectral master

3. Started in open beta Taiwan in summer 2003 then closed beta NA. Kain when was created.

4. 103 - 55%

5. Never quit but now just playing the few dailies at reset

• Like 1

Hoho nice idea :) i think most ppl still playing are "old" players :P My jurney start 2006 on Teon (C2/C3 as i remember), funny time like 3 months farm to get 3 mill adena for D grade dagger :P some old players remember reeling/pumpking !

1. Where you're from : Poland

2. Char name and class: FoToMoTo Othel/Yul

3. Original server : Teon 2006, current Naia

4. Level and % today : 105 - 1% / 104 - 15%

5. How many times did you quit and come back : Quit once for long time after X ally fallen and Sillent Horrors win the game :P (the truth is that NC up max level to 90) Back to play in 2016 at first brooche event - worst timing ever :P

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 5:33 PM, GhostintheShell said:

1. Where you're from

2. Char name and class

3. Original server

4. Level and % today

5. How many times did you quit and come back?

1.  California

2.  xxSadiexx, Aeore Shillien Saint/ISS Spectral Dancer

3.  Originally from Lionna now on Chronos

4.  Level 101 on both

5.  Played 2004 - 2006 as Healer (back when the healer was also the buffer), got really tired of the endless grinding for such little xp, and went to grad school, so I quit the game.  Came back in 2013 and started all over because I didn't save my account in 2009.

1. Where you're from

Sweden.

2. Char name and class

Eljudne Aeore Eva's Saint/UNI Master

3. Original server

Erica 2004. Changed server (did not moved main toon) to Teon/Naia from c3 to the launch of GoD. Now, Chronos

4. Level and % today

104/102

Had a break at least 8 times. In the old days, was a more of a hardcore gamer. Now - casual/regular player.

1 Chile

2 xkfox then called Zeki (Adventurer, Hierophant) My box atm, Foxes (hierophant, Titan).

3 Bartz 2004, Teon 2005-2006, Franz 2007, Naia 2016 until now.

4 105(2%)  / 105(17%)

5 I left only 1 time in 2007, after 9 years I came back february 2016.

Edited by Foxes

1. California

2. Sligh, spellhowler 70

3. Bartz(Thor) c1-3?

4. I never recovered the character after the mergers.

5. Long break back in 05' to 2012, then I came back and played for about a year on the new bartz server. I tooke another long break and recently returned to chronos in January playing a rogue named Damphair.

On 3/27/2018 at 5:33 PM, GhostintheShell said:

How many players from 2004/2005 still "actively playing" everyday?  I'm curious since I'm one of them, still kicking daily and not dead yet. :S  I'm from SoCal (southern California) and my oldest original character is Kannouteki light elf female archer from Seighardt.  Since GoD, I expanded to 7 full characters, multi-boxer.  Today as of 03/27/18 she's Lv.104 @ 42.97%.  I quit 7 times in 14 years, never let game affect my career.  That's important!! :) 

If you are still playing today, introduce yourself:

1. Where you're from: U.S.

2. Char name and class: Current: LNefertititL, Evis Original: Nefyrion, StormScreamer/Doomcryer main changed to DC when option was avail played that till FTP.

3. Original server: Bartz :D

4. Level and % today: 104 <20%

5. How many times did you quit and come back? 1 time when FTP started just came back 1yr ago.

1. Germany

2- Falexi, Worth, Inoora all from april 2004

3 I think it was Gustin

4. Falexi is now 101.87 Shillen Saint and 100 56% SwordMuse, Inoora is Stuck at 85 as is Worth

5. I made long breaks, but always came back

Edited by Nightwitch

Hello I've first  started on 28th of April 2004 since Lineage II was on Beta Phase 3 - Open Beta

1. Where you're from : Italy

2. Char name and class : Ezedkiel - Feoh Soultaker/Aeore Shillien's Saint

3. Original server : Naia

4. Level and % today87/ 85 + 50%

5. How many times did you quit and come back : 2 times, 1st one in 2009 when Aion has started , 2nd one on 30th of November 2011 when Lineage II has updated to GoD Awakening. Before I left Lineage on 17th of November 2009 (Gracia Epilogue) I've played on Teon & Luna (EURO) and on both servers I've been Soultaker&Shillien's Saint.

P.S: If someone is interested of the old Lineage II website you can access it here: http://legacy.lineage2.com/

1. Where you're from: Chicago Usa

2. Char name and class:  Reffugee, SK

3. Original server: Devianne

4. Level and % today:  104/102

5. How many times did you quit and come back?:  Started playing in C2 quit right at the start of gracia (moved to korea) and came back last april.

If you are still playing today, introduce yourself:

1. Where you're from

Las Vegas Nv. I now live in San Diego Ca. When I started Jan 2005 I lived in Japan (US Military).

2. Char name and class

JennyKrull, Othell/Yul.

3. Original server

Erica > Sayha > Chronos.

4. Level and % today

103 @ 14% 

Once for 3 years.

There are a few of us around that started in our original clan Mystics. I still talk to a few others that don't play anymore.

1. Finland 

2. Liinu, original toon was/is Koff(i), 

3. Devianne > server merge to Bartz  > Chronos . Clans ; Co1, BloodyPirates, Lead, Enmity, TD, Sunshine. 

4. Liinu Tank 101 80%, titan 103 4%, Koff is 100 archer / 102 38% wynn

5. Like 5 times quitted. Nor for long tho.

I play with 2 RL friends who have played from 2005 and I know plenty of others as well.

On 28.3.2018 at 11:10 PM, Monkey said:

Greece

Monkeylover.  Moonlight sentinel 81/ adventurer 80. 

From 2006-2010 devianne,  2011 til god release on bartz.  Toon deleted.

Currently digitalm  evi/yul 101 and lfc on chronos and a helping hand for grinding! 

Quitted after god release and came back like 10 months ago..

Game isn't the same at all,  but still dion has the greatest ost!  

Cheers

Omg Monkeylover, we finns from BP still playing , Inde, Ogreman and me (koffi)

1. Where you're from: OH-IO

2. Char name and class: THEN: jaGerX (SE lvl58), HavikX (Sagi lvl 78 / EE lvl 76) NOW iJager (SE/STS)

3. Original server: Lionna > Bartz2.0 > Zaken > Chronos

4. Level and % today: 105/105

5. How many times did you quit and come back? Twice.. Interlude ~2007ish I quit until GoD in 2011 came back for fresh start on Bartz2.0 and quit in ~2014 until Zaken for another fresh start in 2015 and havent quit other than short breaks for work/vacation or something in life