SURVEY: How many players from 2004/2005 still "kicking and playing"?

1. Ukraine

2. Othell Wind Rider/ Yul Ghost Sentinel 104/102

3. Ukrainian private x2 at C1 in 2004 in alkar.net (dead long time ago); incarnated in bartz at 2007 as JimmyParrot, quit at 2008, reincarnated at naia with CriticalCapacity in 2012, later in 2013 another reincarnation as SpineCrusher and "show must go on" :)

4. 104/102

5. Summary it is around 1.5 years break, year for relax, and a half-year above when ArcheAge comes up, dissapointed hard, quit, back into Lineage :(

1. Where you're from: California

2. Char name and class: Original Char was Hador; TH/SWS created Sept 04

3. Original server: Bartz

4. Level and % today: 105/104

5. How many times did you quit and come back: Too many to count.  Currently on a break ATM as well :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 10:59 PM, SinPalabras said:

Started on Devianne back when shots weren't automated and you damn near got arthritis clicking them; back when making it just to level 10 took a few days; back when agro Trees scared the sh** out of everybody;  back when players would regularly get PK'ed coming out of the serpentine tunnel from DE Village; back when you dropped items on death, especially that Cedar Staff that took you forever to save up enough adena to buy; back when you actually had to decide if you were going to spend money on shots or go without, because you couldn't afford to hunt with them all of the time and still afford other equipment; back when no one could afford to use teleports, so you ran everywhere; and if you did teleport to Gludio, your computer would likely lock up for several minutes because the lag was that bad; back when everyone's new best friend was either a dwarf crafter or a buffer/healer.

That is so true!  I remember those days well!

Some of my old clans - beginning clans - from Devianne:  DarkLight (May/June 2004), Mercenaries (best Clan by far, started summer of 2004 - Auri, Greenie, Mars, Unem (just wow), Neo, lots more, old gang - was there til the end), Bloody Pirates, Syndicate, etc. Spent some time.... with Wretched Outcasts there long afterwards (yes - Slycutter.....funny, we fought them in the first big Siege at Heine castle back in the day [I died at least a dozen times during that siege - but took at least twice as many....lots of running back!], and we ended up together for a time....actually, pretty good guy)...those were the days.  I remember that first giant Siege near Dion in 2004 - - talk about lag, that was crazy....but so much fun!

Started out on Devianne during Prelude (April-May 2004).  Character is Styxess, and yes, also started out (and stayed) on Devianne for as long as it was there.  Been gone here and there a lot - but was fairly serious back in the day (2005-2008).  Then got deployed with the Army, a few times.  Came back, and they changed the login, and wiped out my character (a lot of work gone).  I play extremely casual now - cam back last fall of 2017, after being gone for over 5 years (I was not happy with NCSoft for wiping my character while I was deployed - nothing I could do about that, and they didn't give a da@n).  I'm just working back - 103 (Feoh Storm Screamer...as always)/100 (Feoh Archmage).  Game has changed a lot.

Edited by Styxess
Add info, spelling

On 3/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, SinPalabras said:

Started on Devianne back when shots weren't automated and you damn near got arthritis clicking them; back when making it just to level 10 took a few days; back when agro Trees scared the sh** out of everybody;  back when players would regularly get PK'ed coming out of the serpentine tunnel from DE Village; back when you dropped items on death, especially that Cedar Staff that took you forever to save up enough adena to buy; back when you actually had to decide if you were going to spend money on shots or go without, because you couldn't afford to hunt with them all of the time and still afford other equipment; back when no one could afford to use teleports, so you ran everywhere; and if you did teleport to Gludio, your computer would likely lock up for several minutes because the lag was that bad; back when everyone's new best friend was either a dwarf crafter or a buffer/healer.

ah sweet memories

I remember somebody gifted me a bow for 300k adena or smth and wished me fun and joy in game - that was such a happy day

US

Mach5 AW main, formerly ShellShock Duelist main

I believe Kain when I first started, later Bartz

Before GoD I think I only quit playing twice, one for a very short amount of time. Since GoD I've probably quit playing 6-7 times, game isn't the same to me anymore.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:33 AM, GhostintheShell said:

How many players from 2004/2005 still "actively playing" everyday?  I'm curious since I'm one of them, still kicking daily and not dead yet. :S  I'm from SoCal (southern California) and my oldest original character is Kannouteki light elf female archer from Seighardt.  Since GoD, I expanded to 7 full characters, multi-boxer.  Today as of 03/27/18 she's Lv.104 @ 42.97%.  I quit 7 times in 14 years, never let game affect my career.  That's important!! :) 

If you are still playing today, introduce yourself:

1. Where you're from

2. Char name and class

3. Original server

4. Level and % today

5. How many times did you quit and come back?

How many of us are left?  Less than 20, more?  Way off, close?

1. Vietnamese

2.Early was SWS/Glad then Paladin/ISS and now Eva/ISS

3.Old Bartz/Chronos(HennessyVSOP) - Magmeld/Freya(Hennessy) and now Chronos.

4.105/105

5. I start from beta then quit in 2010 then 2015 comeback till now.

1. Where you're from: SoCal

2. Char name and class: ThomasCovenant Orig Sorc, now Wynn - alt BarnesAndNoble Tyrr Maestro

3. Original server: Bartz - August 2004

4. Level and % today: 102

5. How many times did you quit and come back? I think once for 2 weeks

• 3 weeks later...

Fierybint
Zath, Witchfinder, LadySalma, Feeblegirl, Guthro….

Hindemith
Southern England

Lost all my old accounts after NCSoft didn't believe I was genuine owner then server merge deleted it all. I had an original beta a/c too with all the annual rewards. >:(
Server merges and change in game by removing old gameplay style of crafting etc. pushed me away for years.
I just came back again to have a look after another year away and find its all change again.
No adventurer items for D etc., can't ask for help from players as no chat option and GM petition is offline.

The old version of the game had mystique, atmosphere and an addictive charm. All this endgame philosophy has killed it.

Edited by FieryBint

• 1 year later...

I cant remember what year i quit but it was a long time ago. 

i had a level 75 dark avenger. level 75 was max level at that time.

i think the server may have been named bartz but cant really be sure

im from Arizona

just started a couple months ago by chance i wanted to show my step son this cool MMo i used to play so i googled it and found out it was still around. now im leveling toons again.

stepson is unimpressed.

:D

I'm off and on only when new updates occur - then leave shortly same old boring stuff 

Colorado USA. 

played since Open Beta - Sieghart server

1. First toon Bravo DA Banned - botting 

2. SWS - played till C4 joined ICA fun times vs Catalyst - Stinkeer

3. Now I have random toons due to easy leveling 101's every class - Game is Boring you get one Shot to funny. 

Edited by BlueBerry

• 2 weeks later...

I played way back 2004-2005.  I was never able to go beyond level 30 and had to stop because I can't afford a pc and a decent internet (I was playing at an internet cafe) but I always had love for this game.  I'm glad I am finally able to return to this beautiful world.

1. From the UK

2. 2SHAE :: Abyss Walker

3. Started playing in Teon around 3 weeks after the server came out - played a variety of chars since on shilen/freya and now Naia

4. Currently playing Contingency 109.50 Trickster on Naia

5. Quit 4 times in total but never more than a few months before returning usually on a different class in an attempt to recapture interest.

1. Where am I from: Oklahoma

2. Char name and class: Ricca DoomCryer

3. Original server: Erica>Sayha>Chronos

4. Level and % today: 106/101...but many other toons now. Main now is 109 Evis "TheLastAerie"

5. How many times did you quit and come back? Never really quit, sometimes i'd spend more time on WoW than L2, but never dropped my account, and never went a full month without logging in. 

1. Where am I from: Germany

2. Char name and class: Iquil (2004-2009) Arscher (since 2015)

3. Original server: Bartz

4. Level and % today: Iquil was lvl 76 TH, Now Arscher 105 Yul Sagi/ 103 Wyn

5. How many times did you quit and come back? 1 long break from 2009 - 2014 and between it some months from time to time

1. Where you're from: GR/UK

2. Char name and class: xXxCerberusxXx, Grand Khavarati, lost account during the account migration and a ban hammer (not sure which came first). Then I rolled on Safestash, Fortune Seeker, where saved a few items on an alt account in an email that I didn't even have access to anymore, which ended up being my main after that. Only made a dwarf as I could carry lots of stuff on me and I liked heavy armor looks on dwarfs in comparison with Orcs.

3. Original server: I think it was Devianne.

4. Level and % today Doesn't matter, we live the era of afker's and bots but im 105lv and some %...

5. How many times did you quit and come back?I don't remember the dates, but the chronicles. So the first quit was when Kamael was first launched. Gave away all my gear to a random kamel, and headed off to the sunset. then I came back when the Moirai sets were the top end game thing to have.played a lot then, when awakening hit us hard. Then I kinda quited again, only to coem back at some point, quite again and now casually afkin.

Most of the people I have known well, since the c2-3 are now married, with children playing either WoW or nothing.

I miss Jado, Hungry, Morlek, my friends Err0r and Scarf4c3 with whom we had an amazing time. Also Chika and her buffer Abela or abela.

I wish classic wasn't a joke as it is now, so that we felt the same good old days once again but, no, classic L2 had to be a p2win again.