Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Hime

13 hours ago, Hime said:

No updates this week. This maintenance is purely back-end work that needs to be done. Perhaps some content next week.

It's good for the market a few weeks like these, clean of all kind of event (except vourse attend.).

The Giran classic server economy is pretty much owned by clans like Silverjunges who spends their entire day farming lv30-60 raid bosses. 
There are other users who also raids lower level raid bosses day in and day out, collecting all drops, sells them for adena and then sells the adena to external adena buyers for IRL cash. 

I know, this isn't really big news. Everyone knows this.

One simple solution to allow other clans or parties to raid for drops (not just exp/sp) is to remove the death penalty exp loss.
Removing this won't really have any negative impact on daily users who are playing this game for what it is, a fun time.

And those who raid lower level raids won't be able to simply do a daily run and de-level before the next day.
There will of course still be clans who have different characters with different levels, this is unavoidable.

But this will at least give active clans a chance to do some fun raiding.

This would not work. They put 1 char lvl 65+ in the CC and they get 0 xp and voila no need to delevel. Removing xp penalty on death is a big deal, a huge change to the game towards casual.

I would vote against if we had a voice :P

9 minutes ago, Slaelia said:

This would not work. They put 1 char lvl 65+ in the CC and they get 0 xp and voila no need to delevel. Removing xp penalty on death is a big deal, a huge change to the game towards casual.

I would vote against if we had a voice :P

This was just a suggestion towards a solution, I haven't been active in L2 in the past 6 years so I didn't actually remember that was a possibility, thanks for pointing out that flaw.

But something needs to be done, change loot from raid bosses to be random or something. The main point is that loot has to be distributed better rather than to the same player/clan if there are 100 other players doing the hard work.

Sure we get exp for it which is the whole reason they don't have to get a real job. But if classic is going to survive then something will have to be done by the devs.

9 hours ago, Mishi said:

An EXP event would be nice, but to be honest, they just need to boost the item drop rate to what it should be at for classic, permanently....lol :P

Item drop does not have to be boosted. They need to fix the bleep thing in the first place. Afterwards they may think about boosting it.

• Hime unpinned this topic