New Server with no dualbox?

I have seen two streams already with server that has no dualbox, it's some kind of new classic server modification, with loop macros but no dualbox, anyone can tell me more about that?
I mean you probably can somehow run 2 lineage 2 clients but you can buff only yourself! Awesome!

think thats a pet u summon to buff yourself. its a pet with prophet's buff

maybe we dont have to drag our buffer and healer all the time now they tend to minimize the buffs and some pets/summon can heal. not bad I think

Edited by ffe

This would be impossible to do in the way I think most people hope.  I could easily use my cell phone to establish a unaffiliated IP on a separate laptop.  Virtual PCs might even work with the right settings.  Maybe a hardware ID lock and only 1 client per PC, but there are people with multiple PC’s also.  

With a limit to boxes, those with the ability to have them, with have 10x the advantage and be OP, compared to a server that allows multi box. Think about it.

7 hours ago, Shansung said:

This would be impossible to do in the way I think most people hope.  I could easily use my cell phone to establish a unaffiliated IP on a separate laptop.  Virtual PCs might even work with the right settings.  Maybe a hardware ID lock and only 1 client per PC, but there are people with multiple PC’s also.  

With a limit to boxes, those with the ability to have them, with have 10x the advantage and be OP, compared to a server that allows multi box. Think about it.

The problem with limiting accounts via IP is that there is a wide range of reasons why thousands of people might end up sharing the same IP from the perspective of a game server.

For example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation
One of my ISPs used a NAT for their entire service so litterly everyone who subscribed to that ISP had the same outside IP. Apartment complexes, condos, dorms and more will have a large number of people under the same IP.

Even if they did limit one account per IP I could get around that easily as I have 8 desktops and a laptop which I could configure to use various proxies. I could also get other IPs via friends who already have services running on static IPs (I would just ask for them to setup a VPN or something for me).

There are so many reason why companies don't even bother trying because they know it'll fail and cause massive headaches as people are outraged they can't play the game for "no reason" when in reality someone else is already playing the game on that IP.

EDIT : Hardware ID locks are easily bypassed too as seen by the cheaters that are getting around HWID bans in forte nite and apex legends.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

• 2 years later...
On 4/17/2019 at 10:07 PM, Tool_of_Society said:

The problem with limiting accounts via IP is that there is a wide range of reasons why thousands of people might end up sharing the same IP from the perspective of a game server.

For example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation
One of my ISPs used a NAT for their entire service so litterly everyone who subscribed to that ISP had the same outside IP. Apartment complexes, condos, dorms and more will have a large number of people under the same IP.

Even if they did limit one account per IP I could get around that easily as I have 8 desktops and a laptop which I could configure to use various proxies. I could also get other IPs via friends who already have services running on static IPs (I would just ask for them to setup a VPN or something for me).

There are so many reason why companies don't even bother trying because they know it'll fail and cause massive headaches as people are outraged they can't play the game for "no reason" when in reality someone else is already playing the game on that IP.

EDIT : Hardware ID locks are easily bypassed too as seen by the cheaters that are getting around HWID bans in forte nite and apex legends.

Look the interlude  x1 server with only 1 box we all know yea? its works fine, and this server to me and to a lot of people is the only server in 15 years playing this game to bring me back those first nostalgic steps on old school lineage 2 vibes, it forces you to play with people, not to make your own party like here and play solo all day and go with clan just for epics and sieges.... ofcourse people can have  many computers or HWID Spoofers, but you can also have a great gm team to ban those and evrybody happy? your brother wants to play from the same ip? no problem let the gm now and with a ingame command all good... those retaards (im sorry but its true) from NCSoft should learn some from illegal servers...