Cursed Sword Akamanah/Zariche

5 hours ago, Krissa said:

Do you realize that there is nothing but the login queue that would limit the amount of bots on the f2p server if you add new easily botted (like cata/necro) locations to the game?

Do you realize that your obsession with bots is not productive (at least the angle you're going with)? Bots are going to bot what matters are the real players and their game play experience. Improve the game play experience and fewer people will bot. You act like Lineage 2i is the only game to ever go from pay to play to free to play....

See the thing is the bots are having NO trouble at all with running around being bots. "easy to bot" is anything at this point based on bot populations. Currently most areas aren't even saturated on Giran. The areas that ARE saturated are locations where specific items drop such as cursed main gauche or spellbooks. Personally I'd like to see spell books being dropped by more things or purchasable off something for a reasonable price...

On 4/19/2019 at 8:32 AM, Tool_of_Society said:

Do you realize that your obsession with bots is not productive (at least the angle you're going with)?

What do you mean by my "obsession with bots"?

Leveling with a CDL DD box, I actually find bots around me handy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 8:10 AM, Cally said:

Do you really think someone having Zariche would hunt bots?
They would only kill 10 to lvl up Zariche and then go for players cuz ppl are jerks.

I guess that I'm one of the few that is not a jerk. All I do is mow down bots & AFK macro users. I don't even have to hunt. They run straight to me after I have ported into the area.9_9

Edited by Negasonic

On 4/17/2019 at 3:26 PM, Tool_of_Society said:

No it had every bit as much. The only difference is that there were a LOT more areas at any given level that you could go to for effective leveling/adena. Basically every "major" player on the server botted. I would say outright every major player but I'm sure there were a handful that didn't. It was a bit of a game in a game to find the botting spots of the "leet players". ....

I've been playing since beta on Hindemith also. I was one of the few "major players" that refused to bot. There weren't nearly as many bots as there are today. You can go to any given popular area & the entire area would be overrun by bots today. Back when there was a penalty for being reported, a player would be stuck in town or flagged purple after so many reports.

Now, it seems NCsoft is deliberately turning a blind eye. Maybe it's because they've realized that their biggest spenders are the usual suspects.o.O

7 hours ago, Negasonic said:

I've been playing since beta on Hindemith also. I was one of the few "major players" that refused to bot. There weren't nearly as many bots as there are today. You can go to any given popular area & the entire area would be overrun by bots today. Back when there was a penalty for being reported, a player would be stuck in town or flagged purple after so many reports.

Now, it seems NCsoft is deliberately turning a blind eye. Maybe it's because they've realized that their biggest spenders are the usual suspects.o.O

*Error facts not found*

I played in closed beta and even then there were bots running around and gold sellers spamming.

Back then there was no working bot report button for the NA servers. What you describe isn't even how the bot report button action works. What goes down is after a set number of people use the bot report button on someone it causes a captcha to pop up and if they fail to enter the proper captcha 3 times in a row (or if the timer runs out) then your character is given a debuff that kills every stat and xp.

When it was finally added to the NA servers with classic the report button was abused in PVP so much that Ncwest was forced to raise the number of reports to spawn a captcha from 3 to 10..

On 4/22/2019 at 7:04 AM, Krissa said:

What do you mean by my "obsession with bots"?

Leveling with a CDL DD box, I actually find bots around me handy.

Well when I made a suggestion that would improve gameplay for the player base your response is OMG NO CAUSE BOTS!@!!! That's what I'm talking about.

10 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

*Error facts not found*

I played in closed beta and even then there were bots running around and gold sellers spamming.

Back then there was no working bot report button for the NA servers. What you describe isn't even how the bot report button action works. What goes down is after a set number of people use the bot report button on someone it causes a captcha to pop up and if they fail to enter the proper captcha 3 times in a row (or if the timer runs out) then your character is given a debuff that kills every stat and xp.

When it was finally added to the NA servers with classic the report button was abused in PVP so much that Ncwest was forced to raise the number of reports to spawn a captcha from 3 to 10..

I don't think that you understand English very well. I didn't say there weren't any bots. I said there weren't as many. There was a bot report button. I don't remember which chronicle it was added but it was very much indeed in the game. I would have to go back through patch notes in order to thoroughly explain or copy & paste all of the details of it's function. I was able to report botters & either they were relocated to the nearest town & not able to leave until the penalty was removed or instantly flagged purple after so many reports.

14 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Well when I made a suggestion that would improve gameplay for the player base your response is OMG NO CAUSE BOTS!@!!! That's what I'm talking about.

*Error facts not found*

14 hours ago, Negasonic said:

I don't think that you understand English very well. I didn't say there weren't any bots. I said there weren't as many. There was a bot report button. I don't remember which chronicle it was added but it was very much indeed in the game. I would have to go back through patch notes in order to thoroughly explain or copy & paste all of the details of it's function. I was able to report botters & either they were relocated to the nearest town & not able to leave until the penalty was removed or instantly flagged purple after so many reports.

Oh I've heard from others that some illegal servers had the button setup to do that stuff but that was never on the official servers...

5 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Oh I've heard from others that some illegal servers had the button setup to do that stuff but that was never on the official servers...

Actually it was. I've never played on illegal servers. Only NCwest retail.

Edited by Negasonic