Live Unscheduled Naia Server Maintenance: Thursday, April 11, 2019

Juji

• L2 Team

Naia will be down for an unscheduled maintenance beginning Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 6:15 p.m. PDT / 8:15 p.m. EDT for approximately 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• A potential fix for server stability issues

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• L2 Team

It is not related as the Classic Servers are experiencing external network disruptions beyond our control. We are working to prevent further disruptions to the Classic Servers.

22 minutes ago, SzpilkaArtur said:

What about classic? Last 45min, 3x DC and constant ss lag

The incidents happening on the Live servers are not related to the ones on Classic Servers, which are external network disruptions that are beyond our control. We are putting measures in place to prevent these disruptions from occurring for longer.

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Still monitoring and will determine once we confirm the issue has been resolved.

i think we deserve a good compensation and not cat angel, at least more exp boost for some days

So it true that lag was cause of server and not cause of our pc, that some gms claim to be in our petitions. 

It s true that for 2nd time when xp boost event is on there is perm lag and can't play

And just some cats buff and dandys... We lost xp200% drop 200% plus the rest... 

@Juji

You are trying to help but no answering in forums (10topics on forum about lagetc no official answer} 

and give the blame to ur customer is not a wise 

Option from gm who answer petitions. 

Totally truly disappointed with lag ss lag prices of l2store competing to rest l2servers. 

Also not any more monthly previews..... It like "no plan from u. Let's do whatever" 

Next time when you visit Naia, use a different way to communicate. World Chat is ignored by 95% of the population because it's just a sale channel and a place for people to have flame wars.

Don't you have a server wide GM voice you can use to ask people if/where they experience lag?

1 hour ago, Genosha said:

Don't you have a server wide GM voice you can use to ask people if/where they experience lag?

There is the blue font for the log-in message and the warning when the server will be brought down for maintenance in 30 minutes, 15 minutes ...

Maybe Juji could use that. I myself am one of those people who have World Chat turned off :P

And yes, the lag-spikes seem to be gone. But that might also have something to do with less people being online (not even 2000 on Naia as I am typing this).

On 4/12/2019 at 4:51 AM, Juji said:

Still monitoring and will determine once we confirm the issue has been resolved.

How long it will take to monitor? 

A year or two? We were suppose to get compensation 2 weeks ago for that stupid 12h maintenance or you still monitoring our anger?

19 hours ago, Draecke said:

lag issues better be resolved by start 15th Anni event.

No matter what they do, the problem is always the number of items and/or players on the server. Each non-stackable item (weapon, armor, Venir Talisman, Soul Crystal ...) has its own individual serial number which must be written by the server onto the backup drive at regular intervals. With an event like Oriana's Lucky Draw every player keeps 3 characters logged in, and new non-stackable items (Brooch Jewels, Boss Jewelry etc.) are given out. In other words, during the 15th Anniversary the servers will be killed from both sides; an overload of players and an overload of items.

Since the script for the event is already written and rewards can't be changed to harmless stackable consumables, the only way to avoid lag is to cut down the number of players. The simplest method, one that can be implemented by Juji on his own, is to restart the servers at random times to get rid of the afk Coin farmers.

On 14/4/2019 at 3:58 PM, Yidao said:

No matter what they do, the problem is always the number of items and/or players on the server. Each non-stackable item (weapon, armor, Venir Talisman, Soul Crystal ...) has its own individual serial number which must be written by the server onto the backup drive at regular intervals. With an event like Oriana's Lucky Draw every player keeps 3 characters logged in, and new non-stackable items (Brooch Jewels, Boss Jewelry etc.) are given out. In other words, during the 15th Anniversary the servers will be killed from both sides; an overload of players and an overload of items.

Since the script for the event is already written and rewards can't be changed to harmless stackable consumables, the only way to avoid lag is to cut down the number of players. The simplest method, one that can be implemented by Juji on his own, is to restart the servers at random times to get rid of the afk Coin farmers.

That is a dump problem, l2 dba are so small in front of other service that run's on same platforms that having server delay this day it is just impossible. Non mention how much nc earn from the players that the server clusters that can pay must be really high end solution. Don't get insult but Juji don't have the certifications to maintenance nc IT infrastructure. There are illegal servers out there with much more serious investments on server and network infrastructure. l2 never had more then 50k users online. Even smartphone game's have 10x that mile stone and work just fine. 

I totally agree. The main problem is that the game is 15 years old. The routines for the database backup probably stem from Lineage 1, i.e. they were written 20 years ago. You simply can't compare the programming back then to a state-of-the-art smartphone game, not to mention that the game itself is not as simple as it was 15 years ago.  In Open Beta there was not even B-Grade around, so backing up the data from the player character server was an easy thing to do. In the meantime we have tons of additional items being introduced: S-Grade, R-Grade, not to mention all the garbage that comes in via the L2Store - Artifacts, Circlets, whatnot.

I suspect that in the last Wednesday maintenace they changed the backup routine from writing everything onto the backup drive every half hour  to backing up gloves at xx:05, boots at xx:10 etc., which caused the lag spikes in 5 minute intervals. But all that is just band aid. The only thing that could solve the problem would be a complete redesign of the game from zero, i.e. developing a completely new game. Even though lore, quests and the graphic style already exist, that would be an investment which NCsoft is obviously not willing to make. They prefer to work on things like Project TL (formerly called "Lineage Eternal") instead.

Whether this is wise or unwise is debatable, but I am sure they have marketing experts in Seoul who have made an informed decision about the long-term prospects of every game in the company's portfolio.

The question is, what can Juji on his own, working with the servers he got, do now, with the Anniversary Event starting tomorrow? A birthday is supposed to be a joyous occasion. Lag makes people angry. The best solution would be to cancel Oriana's Lucky Draw and simply give out GM buffs on Fantasy Island on April 28. But I suspect that Coin Boxes will be sold in the L2Store. So this is not an option. The second best solution is to restart the servers at random intervals to get rid of the afk Coin farmers and the player-run afk Coin shops. People not being able to farm Coins by simply logging in would also boost the sale of Coin Boxes from the L2Store. Happiness all around :)

Rewriting the game? There are many new games already under NCSOFT. Lineage 2 is a game that I think is already evolving. There are now 7 classes when there are 5 classes years ago. So the game is being developed. I've been playing for 9 months, and it's very enjoyable. I'm an Adena player and that's why I think the "Ncoin players" are getting a lot of trouble. All the events were very enjoyable. Waiting Impatiently :)  . Good luck with .

:D:x

Archived